It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff warns of second American revolution if gun confiscation laws pass

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Maxatoria
I don't know why but as a non gun owning Brit I just see this gun thing almost as a great way to cover another thing thats not very politically cool as in all you need to do is mention 'GUN' and everyone will look at that while somewhere else another cornerstone has been chipped away via some seemingly innocuous law

It is because the second amendment is the second one we have for a reason. The first allows us to vocally state our displeasure, when that doesnt have the desired effect, we have the second to guarantee they will listen to us on equal terms.

If they take the second, we have only words, words dont usually fare very well against tyrants. We learned that leston long ago, and took it to heart, so ingraining it in our society, as to guarantee it is never forgotten again.

The Spartans didnt militarize their entire society because they liked being mean to small children, they did it because they had previously been slaves, and had absolutely no intention of ever being slaves again.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by swanne

That is assuming most of the military would even involve themselves in this to begin with.

Keep in mind that right now you're talking to an active duty soldier.

I know of a lot of pilots and crews, kicking back while the vipers, sit and cool their wings.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

crap crap crap is your attitude is crap my way or I will damn try my hardest to make it my way. It is about my right to my selfishness regardless of those who wish to be in a society where civility is portrayed only because of the face that I piss you off you just might blow my head off .

So because you people feel safe when you have a fire arm what about all the people that don't feel safe around them around their kids. What about people worry about sending their kids to school hoping that some other kids doesn't get any stupid ideas with dads gun . However to you and people like you they shouldn't have a right to express their concerns screw them I will keep what I want with force if necessary all on checked my guns or no ones business of course . Complete lack of respect for those who see a problem in society and want to do something about it .

Sorry if it bothers you so much I think people who wish to own a fire arm should at the very least be able to prove they are competent enough and have a proper secure storage. Guns need to be off the streets not adding more to the problem is not going to help .

There is no happy medium with you all and when they do try to meet you half way the paranoia of a gun grab knee jerk reaction all the time

But thinking going with a full out gun fight with the government and going to win is not going to happen and is foolish to think you would win .

All I hear is crying about constitution this and 2nd amendment that ... it was written how long ago they never had population like we do now. life isn't like how it was 1791. it is 2014

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

What do you consider as "Freedom"?

Do you consider freedom being under the control of a central authority?

What is your view on personal responsibility?

I see so many proponents of gun control/confiscation ignore the basic tenets of freedom guaranteed by the US Constitution.

Are you of the group(s) that would like to see it trashed, re-written, ignored?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

freedomSlave
reply to post by macman

There is no happy medium with you all and when they do try to meet you half way the paranoia of a gun grab knee jerk reaction all the time

That statement goes both ways. Once a freedom is lost, it is pure hell to get it back as those that took that freedom away will keep on pushing. It's as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

crap crap crap is your attitude is crap my way or I will damn try my hardest to make it my way. It is about my right to my selfishness regardless of those who wish to be in a society where civility is portrayed only because of the face that I piss you off you just might blow my head off .

Having a little drama episode there? It's about our rights and keeping others from taking them.

So because you people feel safe when you have a fire arm what about all the people that don't feel safe around them around their kids.

Good question, maybe they can move to Canada. Anyway the Constitution trumps their feelings.

it was written how long ago they never had population like we do now. life isn't like how it was 1791. it is 2014

So totally irrelevant I don't even know why I'm bothering to answer but will anyway, because it's the law of our land, end of story.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

And what is your opinion of the citizenry as opposed to our system?
We vets aren't exactly chopped liver.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

cavtrooper7

More like sleeping giants!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

"You people"?

How dare you.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

cavtrooper7

More like sleeping giants!

To use a quote from Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto- "i fear we have awakened a sleeping giant"

Long have those that actually secured this countries freedom sat idle and waited for the day the citizens decide it is time to act.

Want to know what a veteran can do, remember the closed WW2 monument in DC during the shutdown? Yes the one where 80 and 90 year old men violated a tyrannical dictate and dared them to do something about it.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hmm My idea of freedom I think freedom is a joke or what ever the word represents now . Freedom represents being a slave freedom represents my needs and desire over anyone , freedom represents others will over my life that I may not agree with .

Want to live "oppression free " and free of " big governments" and have freedom go freeman no one is stopping you from living in the bush you have that freedom . I live in a society where I understand that other people have opinions and rights people want to progress and move forward where people see a problem and try to deal with it .

I don't mind have some checks and balances in place ( would be better if the government had better checks and balances in place but the is the fault of all of us for allowing it ) I get why airport security is the way it is I get why they want to microchip us or some sort of identification device to prove we are who we are . Science is moving fast the progression of man kind is moving fast . I get why we have government regardless how corrupt the platform is necessary.

No not thrashed breeze just relevant to today's world is all . Just respecting others freedoms I mean could you imagine if some of the slave laws were still in affect today but I am sure there were all kinds of people back then that were against that too . All countries and civilizations have been trial and error.

Oddly enough I don't think I have ever once heard a plan what to do when the government is toppled all people want to discuss is how if they come to my door they will get a shot gun in face , seems that is the fantasy swirling around .

I ask you this Revolt and then what ? topple the government what is the plan for after toppling the government . go back to the wild wild west with no government lawless land that was protected by the few .. Ya i am sure the general population wants to be hurled back into the dark ages

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There is always the Constitution to go by.

It's worked in the past. Don't know why it wouldn't work in the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

cavtrooper7

A post outlining my opinion of the US citizenry

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

No just called it as I saw lol it's really not a stereo type for nothing "screw you it is about me and my selfishness , Aww thats what makes america so great on the world stage that attitude is also displayed. Just makes ya all looks like douches ,probably how the world looks to you guys douches right when we speak our minds against what you think .... yeahh

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

worked in the past perhaps but I guess how dare anyone in fringe on your right to buy a firearm with registering it or asking for id , mind you I wonder many mass shootings were going on during those days ,or the crime problems that follow willy nilly gun laws . hell back then how long does it take to load a musket compared to changing a extended clip .

edit on 3/3/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

swanne

So you were going for a personal approach, eh? My ancestry were Irish, European French and Mediterranean. Emigrants from Europe while it was being destroyed by a marxist farmer who decided to control the World "for the people" (Hitler).

you would think that with that background, especially the Irish and "those fighting Hitler" (never heard of him being a "Marxist farmer" tho), that you would find this all especially concerning. but i guess like a lot of people you have forgotten that history repeats itself when people forget it, like you seem to be doing.

I'm not telling you how to run your revolution. I'm telling you how your revolution will end. History shows how large revolutions end in our modern world. I am telling you all this a man who actually read history. You can take the information or ignore it.

yes and just exactly why do these "revolutions" fail? actually they don't necessarily fail, it ALL depends on which side has a more powerful backer. like the US siding with the supposed "Libyan" "rebels. or like the "Chinese and Russians", backing the Viet Cong, or the North Koreans" while the US backed the opposing side without the will to fight it properly.

As for me I am, as you know, canadian. I have no stakes in your fights.

man are you NAIVE. Canada has MAJOR stakes in a revolution in the US. first off do you really think that border will stop the fight from entering Canada? yeah sure it will.
but you forget a couple other things as well. first off what are the chances Canada (whose government normally bows down to the will of the US government), will enter into the conflict to "help save" the US? i give that a rather high probability. i do believe there are "treaties" in effect to cover that.

but of possibly even GREATER importance is the fact that there are MANY people in Canada who are US citizens (or even duel US/Canadian), as well as all the family connections between the two countries. who would IMMEDIATELY jump in to help their brothers on the other side of the border. in fact i bet that the Canadian army being called to help the US quell the "terrorist" rebels", will have it's OWN mass desertions to fight on the side of the rebels.

no matter what Canada WILL be drawn into any "rebellion" in the US. to think it will not is just plain stupid.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I think you're the one lacking knowledge. Know what the difference between the 1776 revolution and one today is? In the American Revolution, reinforcements and arms for the British were thousands of miles away, taking anywhere from six weeks to six months to arrive in the US. Today, the US military can load two tanks or upward of 350 soldiers into a C-5 Galaxy and put them anywhere in the continental United States inside 12 hours.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

ShadeWolf
reply to post by macman

I think you're the one lacking knowledge. Know what the difference between the 1776 revolution and one today is? In the American Revolution, reinforcements and arms for the British were thousands of miles away, taking anywhere from six weeks to six months to arrive in the US. Today, the US military can load two tanks or upward of 350 soldiers into a C-5 Galaxy and put them anywhere in the continental United States inside 12 hours.

But can they put them EVERYWHERE? Hahahaha!

A large moving target? Sounds fun.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

projectvxn
reply to post by swanne

That is assuming most of the military would even involve themselves in this to begin with.

Keep in mind that right now you're talking to an active duty soldier.

This is my first post here so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong. Having lived in Milwaukee and being familiar with the Sheriff I agree that he wouldn't turn against us. That in no way means he would have any say in the matter at all. I've been inside the Milwaukee County garage and have seen APC's and tanks with my own eyes. You say no American soldiers would attack their own but you failed to realize that there are soldiers from other countries on the ground in our country already under the guise of military war games. Japan recently had their people in Arizona and many other countries have done the same. I was in New Orleans after Katrina and saw private military men in control of security and these guys didn't give a thought of hurting their "fellow Americans". So while I agree that most American soldiers would fight with us rather then against us, I wouldn't count on the enemies of freedom to have covered all their bases.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I don't look or seek to control others, nor do I push for laws revolving around what ifs and maybes.

Seems you Progressives have that street corner locked up solid.

Oh, don't forget though. Your opinion again, really means jack and $h1t.

I don't live my life pushing to have people live theirs Ina certain manner. You on the other hand do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join