It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Time Slip Cases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Incidentally, one other thing freaked out GLyn about this. Later, when he looked at his car, he found the paintwork on his car had the chips out of it where the wheels had spun on the stone chippings of the rough road surface.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

yeah its interesting either way, cause like said before i think time travel is a real thing, i also know the human mind is a real thing and can perceive one thing many different ways, thank you for the links they were an interesting read. also what is your take on time slips being two moments in the time line being put into one moment? for instance the people experiences that you posted, did they go back? did the past come forward? or did the two times come together to form its own time line and/or dimension? No one moved forward or back but "conjoined".

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I'm curious about that whole you can only travel backwards in time, that being the case if you Ever did travel backwards in time, theoretically you can't come back, because you can't travel forward in time, doesn't matter that you came from the future, once you slip back in time you can't come back, because you can't travel forward in time, once you slip back your stuck.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

DonVoigt

I'm curious about that whole you can only travel backwards in time, that being the case if you Ever did travel backwards in time, theoretically you can't come back, because you can't travel forward in time, doesn't matter that you came from the future, once you slip back in time you can't come back, because you can't travel forward in time, once you slip back your stuck.

Hmmm, that means you could die of old age before you were even born!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

I think you made a good point there.

Just look at the Montauk Project for example. They traveled into the future, and came back.

The Montauk Project:

www.crystalinks.com...

edit on 17/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added url

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

DocHolidaze
reply to post by ldyserenity

did they go back? did the past come forward? or did the two times come together to form its own time line and/or dimension? No one moved forward or back but "conjoined".

That makes me wonder if these events are an echo of times past? That would indeed make it seem like they were "conjoined"?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

This makes me think of that movie Somewhere In Times with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I remember 2 stories that was published in Popular Science when I was a child, excuse me if it isn't exact as I haven't read it for about 30 years.
The first one was a about a husband and wife that was picking flowers in a small park in a large city (I think it was New York) it was nestled between some big buildings and they said no matter where you looked there was city (with the exception of the patch of grass and the small hill) the husband wandered to the top of the little hill and was looking down when he noticed the ground change, he looked up and all the building were gone and there was rolling hills with yellow flowers as far as he could see, he looked back and could see his wife in the distance bending down picking flowers, he was still at the 'entrance' of whatever he had walked into so he placed a stick where he was and noticed his footprints in the sand between the flowers, being incredibly brave he started walking and he said he went quite a ways and there was nothing but rolling hills and the yellow flowers, he thought perhaps he stepped into a time portal (which he said he never believed before) so he turned back, he was scared as now he saw flowers and hills back towards the direction he had just traveled. He was looking down at his feetprint and came to the stick, he looked up and his wife was just a few yards away looking around. He said her name and she jumped and asked him where he had been as she had looked up and he had vanished! He looked back and he saw nothing but buildings and told her what had happened, they followed his prints back and the stick was lying there and his prints showed where he had crossed and his return prints but the grass and soil was undisturbed beyond that!

Case 2: A man worked in a fair sized town and he drove this paved, rural road every morning on his way to work, one morning he was driving to work and he noticed his radio went out, at the same time he felt his car hit some bumps in the road. He looked up and saw the road had changed to gravel, he thought maybe they were doing some construction so he continued driving but noticed all the radio bands were dead, he drove on then suddenly saw a small building on the right side of the road that he had never seen before in all the years of traveling the road. He said there were two very old cars parked in front and a sign that simply said "JOE'S" he was trying to figure out what was happening when he noticed the road suddenly turned to pavement and the radio came back on! He thought about it for a long time before he finally told some friends and they told him he must have experienced a 'time' slip, so he started doing research to see about what year JOE'S Cafe was there, what he found was there was NEVER a building on that road, even old-timers that had families their all their life attested to that!
He thought the only 'logical' (he thought, if he could call it logical) was he had slipped into a parallel dimension as without a doubt there was never a "Joes".
Makes you wonder, if that was true the cars and the name 'Joe' looked like they were from our world but was never there, so maybe there are different yet similar places in our universe.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Awesome thread Op... what we joined ATS for...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

yes from what i remember from the dream(i lost my notes) we can only go back, and in doing so we end the current reality we are in. the traveler or travelers would then be part of a new reality placed farther back on the original time line they started on. After thoughts on my dream; I don't know if the word dimension can be substituted(interchangeable) for reality. Also I was thinking that free will is the reason why we cant go forward and only go backward.

but then again maybe I just invented hours upon hours of data during a drunken pass out session. I know i fell asleep at 2 and woke up at 645(had class) The dream itself seemed like at least 8 hours of not only data but a weird un identifiable understanding of physics, prior to this my highest math class was geometry(of which i copied of the 9th graders) and my farthest science class was intro chem or advanced(as opposed to intro) biology.

I believe I just had a far fetched dream, within that dream i learned time travel is possible only if we go back.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Actually I think you heard that in a tv show or movie somewhere, I think it was that tv show , not sure, but called seven days, guy could go back seven days, I think it was on fox, entertaining show, you probably feel half asleep during an episode and thought it was a dream.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I loved that movie back in the 80s the Philadelphia experiment, with I think it was Michael Pare, I also thought the one where Martin Sheen was cool to, I think it was called the final countdown, but that one went backward in time

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Thank you for sharing your stories.
They were amazing, and I haven't heard of them before.

The second story about the parallel dimension was great. The parallel dimension theory has always interested me. Would love to learn more about it.

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone for your contributions, sharing your thoughts, and stories.

edit on 18/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thread op you know when i was 7,6 when i lived in Italy, Fano i cant help and remember that some rare few Tine Slips have occurred in my life as well.

Great thread OP, here's my experience.

For insistence, i was walking between one railroad area of Fano in which all of sudden something strange had occurred.

A Portal Opened to the Past In Fano Italy? another realm?
A Mid Afternoon blue skies day turned into a Stunning Beautiful Evening stylish Orange as i looked straight forward into this thing whatever it might have being. But all of sudden my mind was telling me that i should look back. In Which i did. As i turned to look upward i notice the sky was still blue.

There were no clouds in the directions as i was looking upwards to the right and left. But as soon i wanted to look at the beautiful Evening stylish Orange in front of me.

It was gone. Everything was back to normal. The question whatever was it? did a Portal opened in front for a few short minutes into the Roman Past? unless perhaps it was an Portal to the future or different realm.

Either it was beautiful. And no i am not making this up.

edit on 18-10-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

when i had the dream I was in the airforce during my training phase, I lived in a dorm type situation, the only entertainment i had was a ps2. plus the dream had alot more info than just that. it was a long info filled dream. as i explained it before like a 3d power point were info was just implanted in me for lack of a better term(no voices)
edit on 18-10-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Parallel dimensions are not possible but parallel universes are dimensions come in numbers like 3,4,5,6 if I'm not mistaken the last time I researched that they came to the conclusion on 10 possible dimensions, don't fully remember the story on it, but when you talk about parallels that's when you start getting into the multiverse theories, where there are an infinite amount of universes all co existing within the same space, there's a universe where every conceivable situation and outcome are possible.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I do understand what that feels like where you wake up one morning with an understanding of how something works, say you wake up one morning and say you all of sudden you have a full understanding of how electricity/ electronics work, that's all very matrix like where the knowledge feels as if it was downloaded like a computer program, that is a very freaky feeling like how it's it possible that I can wake up one morning and completely know something that I did not know yesterday

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Wow! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Very nice of you.

Oh, now I just remembered a Dean Koontz book that dealt with this issue.
'From the Corner of His Eye.' -It also dealt with parallel universes.
edit on 18/10/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Maybe this could explain the reason that you see strange things in older photos/movies. I remember seeing a few threads. For example I remember reading this thread that showed a man and woman with cell phones in a pretty old film.

Here is the link:
Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

Here is the video:

These stories are always very interesting...thanks op for the thread. Unsure if my links will work, I've never attempted to embed links before.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I also had another flash in my memory, if I remember it correctly, but the various dimensions they talk about goes like this, width, height, depth from basic geometry, a 3 dimensional universe, but then as the math gets more complicated you have to start adding in other variables, like gravity, time , and space, and then a few other possible variables that can come into play, I don't know if this is part of the same theory, but you might have learned of these variables in your air force training, like lift, thrust , weight, and drag
edit on 18-10-2013 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join