It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is John B. Alexander, Ph.D. I’ve researched many controversial topics. Ask me anything

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
First of all... Welcome to our mad little house. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Second...an observation/comment. I did not know reindeer lived in Mongolia. Cool. Learn something new everyday...

Now my question.

In your various investigations of the paranormal, specifically shamans, and other mystic sorts, what percentage do you think are actually legit, or conversely, frauds.

This should be a fascinating thread. Again, welcome.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hi John,

I am curious to what extent you participated in MASINT/ARGUS related operations, and whether you are aware if data fusion systems were ever crossed over to look at the UFO problem. I understand you can't talk about intelligence systems in detail. However I would appreciate if you could address whether you know of any automated tracking system like Hessdalen, Project Pennine, or UFO Capture in use (past or present) by the DoD to try and grab multiple source inputs to better figure out what people are seeing.

Also, assuming there is such a system, I am curious if this may have factored into the decision to close Blue Book? I know MCIAXO-3 and the other UFO projects were run on a shoestring budget. So I am not optimistic. It would just be nice to think the intelligence community used all the assets at its disposal. Any information you're willing to share will be immensely helpful as I move forward with a project I've been developing since 2009'ish (you might find it interesting).

Finally, with regards to,

My book, UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities, is based on an ad hoc group I formed decades ago to study the topic.

Was that related to the DIA project Howard Blum spoke about in "Out There?" Even if you didn't participate in that project, I would be curious if you could perhaps fill in some holes.

Thanks for joining us here John! You are about the only sane voice left talking about UFOs,
-Xt
edit on 2013-9-30 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

PlanetXisHERE
Welcome to ATS and thank you very much for your time.

Are you currently bound by any secrecy agreements or confidentiality oaths or anything of that nature? I'm sure you would have been at one time, just curious as to whether they are still in effect. Thank you.

Security oaths are for life. That said, I've never encountered any regarding UFOs.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hello Mr. Alexander and welcome i only have one question if UFOs are real and extraterrestrial in nature why would the government keep denying that anything is going on especially when it involves our airspace and also injury to the citizens Cash-Landrum case.If that wasn't a UFO that caused radiation sickness in Betty Cash then it was a secret military craft that of course the Air Force isn't going to owned up to and deny anything even when Betty went to them and asked for answers.I think it is cowardly of our government to withhold information

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

marg6043
Truly interesting and impressive resume, Nice to meet you, I always wonder, if the government have areas or agencies in which they really works on the population, to control behavior and how successful they are.

Obviously not very well. Right now everything seems out of control which argues against most CTs in tat area.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What are your thoughts on Time travel, interdimensional portals and 'earth' being observed by beings who are not like us?

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Nice of you to come by and spend some time with us here. Unless of course you are already an active member.

In all your studies you must have learned quite alot. So with all that experience and knowledge you have, how do you personally think/believe this place works?
This place being existence. Is there a spiritual side of things? A life after death? Are we capable of things we can not imagine? Again, just your personal viewpoint is fine. I am not looking for facts or evidence. But I do like "collecting" points of view.

You may go as in depth as you please, or keep it as simple as you please.

All in all, your general perspective of being and existence.

I suspect one with your experiences would have a very interresting answer to this.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Broom
Regarding your statement about seeing strange things. What is the most unusual experience you have ever encountered? Thank you for your time, and response.
edit on 30-9-2013 by Broom because: (no reason given)

That would be hard to say as I have had many unusual experiences. Twice in Mongolia we had things just show up physically that have no explanation.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Welcome!

Read your book UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities and although the jury is still out on some things I have to admit I think you covered the UFO subject quite comprehensively! I’m conducting an amateur UFO study of my own and your book has given some valuable direction!
Anyway to the questions which I have two if you don’t mind. But feel free to awnser one if times a issue.

1)In your book you state the US defence department or intelligence community although intrigued unofficially have little interest officially as they declare UFO not a threat. Surely unless you know what they are and what there purpose is having unidentified aircraft or entities should be considered a possible threat, especially as they can see to render both conventional weapons nuclear arsenals useless? Plus if an enemy of the USA or it allies ever produces an unconventional aircraft what stops it from just being written off as a UFO and ignored?

2) Any good pointers for an amateur investigator in the UK?

Thanks for your time!

edit on 30-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

RP2SticksOfDynamite
reply to post by greencmp

Hi John
Thankyou for your time and responses.

Question:
What have you seen/experienced that convinces you that we are being visited by ET/ID's?

Who are they?

thankyou

Have no idea. Believe the ETH is too simple and does not match observations. I can't answer whom where, or why - and they may be the wrong questions.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream about discovering that I could send forks forward through the air with some kind of invisible force. I also caught a hubcap in mid-air while it was falling towards me.

I was sneaking around somewhere and performing these amazing feats. I would come into situations where I knew if I took somebody's gloves or a tool of theirs, I would have the upper hand; but I said to myself, "But I want to be good, I don't want to be bad." So I left their gloves and tools alone, even if it might give them advantage. Whether that advantage was over me or not, I am not certain.

I have never had a dream where I could move real objects using some invisible force of focus until last night.

And now you are here potentially ready to discuss such a thing.

This is both an invitation for you to provide me with any wisdom or insight you may have concerning my dream and also to add to whatever list of experiences you may have.

Enjoy these wild people.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnAlexander

What sorts of things?

You can't just let a cliffhanger like that hang around Sir.

+6 more 
link   

cheesy
I am cheesy from indonesia..Tq sir for come to this great site..
Just want to ask little question..

My book, UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realitie

So what you say about Ufo sir?..myths,conspiracies or real?
Glad to see you here Mr Alexander..

UFOs are A) real, B) Complex

That is what the book is about.

link   
welcome to a.t.s mr alexander what about the shamans did you find most unusual that they told you and what did they use as a agent was it tobacco or mushrooms or were they natural interested as i have read the cosmic serpent

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to appear on ATS! I look forward to seeing all the questions, and their answers on this thread

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

jaws1975
Hello and thanks for stopping by, do you have any knowledge of government remote viewers collectively thinking that something major is to happen to earth around this time? Thanks for your time.

To the best of my knowledge, there are NO USG remote viewers. They are many civilians looking at this.

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Welcome, Dr. Alexander. It's fantastic to see you here at ATS.

(edit: oops, one question per post! I've removed the extra questions to post later)

1. (a) Do you believe that intelligent alien beings have visited Earth? If so, what is the most convincing evidence you are aware of that could change a sceptic's perception?
(b) Do you believe that the well-known TR-3B craft (as featured in my avatar picture) could be man-made, military craft, and that the military / secret services exploit UFO mythology to to cover up advances in technology?

Many thanks, and I look forward to any response.
edit on 30-9-2013 by subby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

As for my question:

In your personal opinion, do you believe our government, or any faction within our government, has more knowledge on the UFO phenom, or possible ET intervention in our past or current history, than the average person who has researched the topics on their own?

Also, in your opinion, do you believe the Roswell, New Mexico crash was a weather balloon, an ET craft, or a UFO?

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Ubei2
Welcome to ATS and thank you for all your work and the time you so generously are spending here.

In your experience with remote viewing and with the paranormal, have you ever encountered or seen any evidence of consciousness "making" future events? That is to say instead of foretelling such future, consciousness has somewhat affected them beforehand while doing so?

Now that is a complex question. Admitting I am biased on the theory, it appears to me that human consciousness does play a role in determining the future. Even more contentious is retrocausation, i.e., changing the past

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am wondering if you have any experience with TMS or transcranial magnetic stimulation, the type of technology used by Michael Persinger aka "the god helmet?" Specifically if you yourself have used it or if you analyzed data gathered while someone used such a device.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join