It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nightmare Scenario for America through the eye's of the Pravada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just read the entire article, written by Lisa Karpova and wasn't shocked but by the same breath was in awe of the article. What the writer forgot to mention is that any such attack would be utter destruction from the country who perpetrated the EMP attack. It would be end of days.

The only reason I posted it or even find it interesting is the continuance of war banter from EVERYWHERE. From South America, to Europe to Russia..... It's everywhere right now and everything is escalating at a rapid rate.

english.pravda.ru...

Imagine one day that suddenly and without warning, every single vehicle in the United States built after the 1970s was totally incapable of running. No going up to the grocery store, in fact no more food deliveries by truck anymore to your local store.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That's fine we Americans always find a way to get things done one way or another

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If an EMP went off on a global scale that may very well be the intervention that was needed to calm this BS from escalating to our mutual demise . Back to basics isn't such a tragedy is it . Some of them may just have to really grow up and stop being pampered with their electronics . IMO

If anyone has ever played the game Fallout and it's other scenarios , it comes across as pretty accurate .
edit on 30-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I dunno, most americans are so big that they wont be able to walk anywhere, they might be able to hibernate with the fat reserves is the most likely scenario.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sure puts perspective on a few things here:

No one seriously believes that U.S. troops overseas are "defending freedom" or defending their country. You defend your country only if you are on your own territory or very close to it, not an ocean away. Fighting terrorism? No, they are aiding and abetting terrorism, creating the conditions that give birth to more terrorists. Perhaps they ought to close the bases, dismantle NATO and bring the troops home where they belong before they have nothing to come home to and no way to get there.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Perhaps that is what they've been thinking about when 'they' have always said World War IV would be fought with clubs and rocks, regardless of the outcome to WW III. I suppose you highlight the point they've been making in that statement.

Of course, Pravda is the National Enquirer of the Russian Media...but even EQ gets it right occasionally. Good thread to add food for thought.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110
If an EMP went off on a global scale that may very well be the intervention that was needed to calm this BS from escalating to our mutual demise . Back to basics isn't such a tragedy is it . Some of them may just have to really grow up and stop being pampered with their electronics . IMO

It would impact civilian life for sure, but there would be a military retaliation that would destroy most, if not all of the known world. Millions of Americans would die but most would survive. Major metropolitan cities would be the worst impacted while urban areas would be just fine, I'd think.

Regardless, I think a major EMP attack on the US or even Russia for the matter would be very, VERY bad for the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Bearack

Perhaps that is what they've been thinking about when 'they' have always said World War IV would be fought with clubs and rocks, regardless of the outcome to WW III. I suppose you highlight the point they've been making in that statement.

Of course, Pravda is the National Enquirer of the Russian Media...but even EQ gets it right occasionally. Good thread to add food for thought.

I soon realized that as I sifted though some of the other stories. Especially the one about Siberia breaking away from Russia and joining the United States... Even though I read some other, indepedant stories supporting the act, all know its more hogwash than a story.

But it is surely food for thought!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by ElOmen

I dunno, most americans are so big that they wont be able to walk anywhere, they might be able to hibernate with the fat reserves is the most likely scenario.

Most Americans? Hmm, what city are you living in? I see some porkers but most of the people that live in Colorado are extremely athletic and hold a BMI of about 20 to 23.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

Originally posted by watchdog8110

It would impact civilian life for sure, but there would be a military retaliation that would destroy most, if not all of the known world. Millions of Americans would die but most would survive. Major metropolitan cities would be the worst impacted while urban areas would be just fine, I'd think.

Regardless, I think a major EMP attack on the US or even Russia for the matter would be very, VERY bad for the world.

For those that are sick and need the life support from Hospitals , put them in the bunkers and not the fat cats that started it all in the first place .

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by ElOmen

Have give credit to McDonalds for that one . Billions served .

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So,correct me if i am wrong - but EMP would not be the top priority after nuke detonation above US. Nukes detonating world wide on the ground would get much more attention.
I think that this article is poor attempt at scaremongering. Dismantle NATO because there are EMP dangers? Weird. I thought that NATO is there to deal better with these things.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
When I first moved out on my own (maybe not on my own persay but with my now husband. away from the parents all the same) we had a prepaid electric plan. Well long story short electricity was bleeding off under the house, so what was put down on electric was used up in a flash. I lived a few days every week with no electric. No it wasn't the greatest but it wasn't horrible either. I realize it's a different game when no one can get a truck out so you can't buy food but I really could imagine us finding food if facing starvation. I could not go without electric now being a parent but if there was no other choice anywhere, we would get what we absolutely need. As long as it is just electricity that is gone I know the ins and outs of the cooking, bathing, water ect. In this situatuion where no deliveries are being made I suggest taking up hunting and gardening if you're not into those things already.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
That's fine we Americans always find a way to get things done one way or another

Really.

Imagine the aftermath of Katrina, country wide, and the knowledge that no one was gonna come to help.

American,s would be killing each other for a bag of Dorito,s within a week.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by ElOmen

Really.

Imagine the aftermath of Katrina, country wide, and the knowledge that no one was gonna come to help.

American,s would be killing each other for a bag of Dorito,s within a week.

Turned to pack hunters , oh so back to basics that was .

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by ElOmen

I can picture the scene from Wall-E if and when it happens, everything stops, all the people fall out of their powered wheelchairs and have no clue what their suppose to do next.
I love having power and internet access but I do sometimes wish my family had a chance to experience life before all of the technology. It has really dumbed us down in so many ways but at this point it makes more sense to have it so we're not missing what is going on in the world. If it all shut down I know we'd miss it, but at least things would be more peaceful (or appear that way because I'd be clueless as to what was happening anywhere besides my street).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

This is wrong, I'm pretty sure about 90% of the American population would die out within a year if an EMP were to be detonated over America. Why? Because our power lines are above ground, meaning our entire electric grid would be fried, we rely on our food to be exported from farms, without running cars we'd have no way of doing so, we're reliant on hospitals for healthcare, once their reserve power runs out (if it even activates) they will be pretty much useless and we'll be without healthcare, and finally, most Americans have no survival skills, whatsoever.

We're in a transitory phase, we're leaving our natural habitat behind and moving into a world where technology thrives. If we are attacked now, in this crucial state where we have not taken measures to ensure the safety and perseverance of the technology we are so dependent on, we will be crippled and suffer major losses.

If the tech we've become so dependent on were to suddenly stop working we would have no means of communication. Furthermore, people living in cities, as you said, would be the first to die out, due mostly to food shortage. After that would come people living in suburbs, especially those without survival training, food storage, or gear. People with medical conditions would also die off pretty quickly due to lack of medicine. Come winter, people living in northern areas would have to migrate south in order to escape the cold, or just border hop into Canada.

How long can we really survive without food, shelter (against extremely cold/hot temperatures), and medicine? Most people don't know the first thing about surviving without technology, so it is safe to assume that most people would die within a few months, if not weeks.

The irony in this is that for a few hundred million dollars we could take steps to protect our power lines from an EMP strike.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallamile

We'd miss it for a few days, but after about the fifth day I think most of us would come to like living life as we were intended to live it within the confines of, and abiding with the laws of, nature.

A few months back my town was hit by a hurricane and we lost power for about a week. The first few days were terrible, but after the initial change-shock phase passed, I began to actually enjoy the absence of the internet, radio, and T.V. Life just seemed "richer," if that's the right word.

new topics

top topics

join