It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Missing" global heat may hide in deep oceans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Now then, as an increasing number of people around the World are beginning to question the Global Warming theory, scientists have come up with a new idea of where Global warming HIDES during the years where there has not been an increase in World air temperature.

Climate scientists have long wondered where this so-called missing heat was going, especially over the last decade, when greenhouse emissions kept increasing but world air temperatures did not rise correspondingly.

So, this is what they think has been happening to Global Warming.

Computer simulations suggest most of it was trapped in layers of oceans deeper than 1,000 feet during periods like the last decade when air temperatures failed to warm as much as they might have.

Hmmm, so let me get this straight. The actual evidence points towards the fact that there is no global warming, but in order to justify their taxes they have now come up with a novel idea to keep the fairytale alive?

How gullible do they really believe we are? Totally, if this report is anything to go by.

Please read the Link and let me know what you think.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

What gets me about all this is that no one actually does any work any longer.

Computer simulations suggest

And we all know about the data going in to computer simulations.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am on the fence...until I get more data in regards to "Ocean Warming". There is a conflict within the community (as there always is with any community) as to whether or not the Oceans are indeed rising in temps.

I am actually leaning toward the notion that there is a lot of news that says it is fact. Oceans are heating up for many reasons though. Greenhouse is one, methane is another (I think...if I can remember right) and the Oceans Volcanoes are not helping.

There are countless Volcanoes in the depths of the sea. We supposedly know about 5% of what even lies in them (ocean's) but do think there are at least a couple of (or 3 million I read) MILLION Volcanoes that go off and we don't even know it. That being the case..imagine what the oil spill did to maybe ignite the life of some....the heat that comes from them when they go off.....I don't know but it seems as though that may be why the Quake activity has picked up in recent years....

Time will tell...that is for sure.

Peace and love to ya!! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thing is Jenn that whether they are or not it is all part of a natural cycle and there is nothing we can do about it. We are heading into a La N-one or the other - the cold one - so things will be colder for a while. Then they will warm up again, if we don't get clobbered for 30 years by a Landscheidt Minimum.

Ye just have to get on with life.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Of course there is a lot of news suggesting that Global sea temperatures are rising. How would they be able to justify their taxes otherwise?

I can appreciate whre you are coming from though. If we are told 2 and 2 is five often enough, we would start believing it is so, Peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by MamaJ

Thing is Jenn that whether they are or not it is all part of a natural cycle and there is nothing we can do about it. We are heading into a La N-one or the other - the cold one - so things will be colder for a while. Then they will warm up again, if we don't get clobbered for 30 years by a Landscheidt Minimum.

Ye just have to get on with life.

True enough. It is a cycle and there is nothing we can do. I embrace it really....not concerned....well....not yet.

The Sun in my opinion does have an impact on us so I do ponder the Landscheidt Minimum as well.

Here in the good ole state of Tennessee I find myself in a more "normal" weather for this season that is coming upon us called "Fall". For others the weather is nothing but OFF. What is normal though? This Planet has been orbiting for A LOT of years and it has sustained itself. I have faith in it...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by MamaJ

Of course there is a lot of news suggesting that Global sea temperatures are rising. How would they be able to justify their taxes otherwise?

I can appreciate whre you are coming from though. If we are told 2 and 2 is five often enough, we would start believing it is so, Peace.

Well....not really. That would be implying that I (me personally) believes everything I read and that is not the case. I do see evidence as such but I am one who thinks that change is ALWAYS happening so for the Oceans to warm is a change that is expected.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by MamaJ

Well....not really. That would be implying that I (me personally) believes everything I read and that is not the case. I do see evidence as such but I am one who thinks that change is ALWAYS happening so for the Oceans to warm is a change that is expected.

No, I am not saying that you would believe anything, merely suggesting that everyone is susceptible to what we are being continuously told. Afterall, you did mention that you are still on the fence regarding this one.

Global warming is a man made ideaology in order to tax us to the hilt. There is a continuous change in temperatures both sea and air, and I feel this is just down to Earth going through its natural cycles. But hey, that's my opinion.

new topics

top topics

join