It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google+ Going to take out Faacebook as #1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Developed under the codename Emerald Sea, Google+ is basically Google's latest attempt at creating a social network. Google is cannily calling it a "project", rather than a "product" - perhaps to avoid comparison with its less successful social products. Google reckons that current online networks (no names mentioned) simply don't cut the mustard and that's why it's launching its own version. According to Google's official blog:

"Today, the connections between people increasingly happen online. Yet the subtlety and substance of real-world interactions are lost in the rigidness of our online tools.

"In this basic, human way, online sharing is awkward. Even broken. And we aim to fix it."

The idea is to topple Facebook from its throne by making every existing Google product socially compatible. The company certainly has a lot to work with, including Picasa, Gmail and Google Maps and information and functions from all of these will be integrated into the Google+ experience so that you don't have to sign into different services to share your photos and let your mates know what you're up to.

i was lucky enough to get an invite to the beta: plus.google.com...

I have some invites that I can send out as well. If you wish to have an invite and get in on the ground floor of Google+ just msg me your email address.
edit on 7/11/11 by Djdoubt03 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've been reading alot about this, generally positive reviews.

Message sent.

(EDIT: Had to send another message as I forgot to send my email in my first PM.)
edit on 11-7-2011 by Shadys321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
People are such tools. They jump on the bandwagon on anything which looks new even though its the same thing. I doubt Google can overtake Facebook mainly because they have a crap name for their social network to start off with it and the "+" feature instead of the "like" feature is so not attractive.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have been an active member of Google for a long long time. It would have been nice to get an invite or something. You just have to be gangster to be involved or something. I could comment further if I had access to Google+
One day when I get that golden ticket.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I have been on Google+ for a few days now, and I love it. I have been using Google services for a couple years (gmail, calender, documents, maps, picasa, etc), so the integration is wonderful. It has a 'techier' feel than FB. I can see lots of folks making the switch!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bunnydisaster

Any invites??? Would appreciate it alot. [email protected]

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
First batch of invites sent. If you PMed me an e-mail address you should have an invite. Don't forget to add me to a circle.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
[email protected] someone PLEASE give me an invite.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
[email protected] someone PLEASE give me an invite.

You've got mail

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Still have invites to give out, all I need is your e-mail address.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Cant say no to free stuff,

[email protected]

Hit me brother

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Comment post below to join G+ ATS circle

plus.google.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Cant say no to free stuff,

[email protected]

Hit me brother

You have been hit. You think I'd get some more stars for this

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
[email protected] I would like an invite, if anyone could do it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
[email protected] I would like an invite, if anyone could do it.

Check your mail....You have an invite to the party.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It appears that Facebook does not like its members advertising Google+

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm still able to send out invites. Just get me your e-mail address. Please help me take out FaceBook

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
lol my fb status after you invited me was GOOGLE + like a million times. SUCK IT ZUCKERBERG!!!! I'll have as many social networks as to my liking! P.S. thanks again for getting me started

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If anyone else is looking still looking for invites, I'm a member too. Just PM if you want in. You can check out my G+ profile here.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just sent you a PM with my email.

Thanks in advance, really excited to be a part of this!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join