It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama helps to shutdown Alaskan Pipeline. Once down, must be dismantled!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I heard about this today and searced for newer threads but to no avail.

Here's the gist:
The Alaskan pipeline can supply about 2 millions barrels of oil to the US per day.
Because of it's special construction and the volume of flow, it should be full 24/7.
If not, it could clog, leak, split or worse.
That's the design of it.

But because of EPA regulations, once the the pipeline is shut down, is HAS to be dismantled.
Gee, I wonder what genius came up with that brilliant regulation.

Here's an article about it from June 7th:
Obama helps shut down Alaskan pipeline

The Alaskan Pipeline has supplied the U.S. with cheap oil since 1980.  At the peak it pumped 2.2 million barrels of oil a day to the port of Valdez.  But now that is all in jeopardy.  Call it PERMITGATE.
Why?
The oil fields at Prudhoe Bay are in decline.  Currently about seven hundred thousand barrels a day are sent to Valdez.  Since the administration and the Green movement have killed ANWR and any other oil fields close by, the pipeline is in danger of clogs and corroding due to the lack of oil flowing and the temperature.  Without some sort of technical cure to the pipeline, we lose it soon.
Enviro’s know that if the pipeline has to shut down, by law it must be dismantled.  So by starving it out, they can eventually remove it all together.  How complicit has the Obama administration been in aiding the Greens?

Read the entire article...it gets worse.

Here's a few more linkity links:
Another article
and another one

Perfect timing!
Oil is already high enough!
So let's shoot for $200-$300 a barrel.

Lindsey Williams has it spot on what 'they' are doing to this country.
Search his name.
Find his videos.

Pay Attention People!

There are reasons behind this tyrannical administrations actions.
It is getting all too clear now.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
drill baby drill!!

this is another reason for palin to take the helm.

ya, st. paul will do what?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

This is the only reason to like Palin. Ultimately though, all Alaska will run dry and we will be back to square one.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Could be that we will be moving away from the use of oil in the near future. Just like the auto industry, you can't introduce electric/hydrogen/solar/ambient energy car without putting the gasoline car out of biz.

So, maybe some hard choices need to be made before change can happen.

Do you really want to keep using oil, up until the era it is truly in short supply? Yes, that will indeed force us to transition to new energy, but is that really the smartest way to make a transition, in desperation?

Have you thought that maybe there is a bigger plan here then just squeezing US citizens in cost for their oil?

And your last comment regarding "This administration" is really juvenile. You think Obama etal came up with this plan in the last 2years? You think he stopped the Alaskan oil fields from producing as much as as is needed to fill the pipeline to capacity? You think he shut down ANWR? This is a long drawn out progression of events.

Question- Would you be ok with drilling all over Alaska, and the Continental US for that matter? Have you seen what China has done to it's country in a measily 50 years for the sake of industry? China is polluted beyond repair for the living generations.

I certainly don't have all the answers, I realize today we still need oil, but I can understand that it may take some hard choices to preserve our earth.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
can't find the links right off hand
but just as a heads up.

The Alaskan pipeline is old and
deteriorating. It is plagued with
leaks, cracks, rust and a assortment
of other safety violations which could
if left unchecked cause great environmental
damage to the eco-system of Alaska.

It needs an over-haul or a new pipeline
to fix these problems.

last I remember, part of the pipeline went
on the selling block last year and had very
few bidders due to the problems facing it.

matter of fact it would not surprise me the
least for the pipeline to be used as the next
or future false flag event in the same manner
that the twin towers were used to bring down
asbestos ridden safety hazards.

edit on 6/13/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I thought most of the Alaska oil went to Japan. Maybe the oil fields were sold to the Chinese.

Palin is a puke. Another "player", this time in a skirt.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am not a Palin fan but I will not bash her here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that if Ron Paul gets a shot and can accomplish what he wants, we might be on a road of recovery that ends in the greatest America we have seen yet. If the Federal Reserve gets abolished and the control of money is returned to Congress with new oversight, alot of things will fall into place. I believe that as a result alternative energies will surface. Who knows we may not be burning oil at all once the corruption in the monetary system gets streightened out. IMO he is a true "for the people" politician and as long as he can surround himself with the same, humanity (in this country at least) will benefit.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Zippidee because: spelling

edit on 13-6-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So Prudhoe Bay is past it peak and the estimate of the quantity of oil at ANWAR varies widely. There is a time when this stuff runs out.

The oil companies have shown they have a problem drilling and with clean up in civilized areas much less well North of the arctic circle.

Pipe lines have a finite life and they eventually obsolete themselves. ANY oil that we could get from Prudhoe Bay is not going to affect oil pricing in the least -- try to prove differently.

You do know that oil pumped off shore of US territory is not sent directly to Iowa -- it is put into one big pot and sold to the highest bidder, which is an oil speculator.

ANWAR oil is not going to make it cheaper to run your land yacht.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Another thing that Palin didn't care about doing. Hence why ANWR hasn't been setup yet and won't be. The proximity to the North Pole and the Arctic Circle as if there was a large explosion there this could have global implications.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

so you would rather be a slave to other countries?

read more.
edit on 13-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is not good for the rest of the world, US losing another large Oil source will likely make it more bloodthirsty, invading more third world countries to sieze their oil supply. This is yet another precursor to WW3.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Another thing that Palin didn't care about doing. Hence why ANWR hasn't been setup yet and won't be. The proximity to the North Pole and the Arctic Circle as if there was a large explosion there this could have global implications.

exactly, it's the perfect set-up for a false flag
just like the towers. It would also, skyrocket
gas prices at the pump and make oil companies
rich in the process, not even counting the
insurance payoff.

And I'd be willing to bet ya, the pipeline
has ins coverage against terrorist attacks.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by SunnyDee

so you would rather be a slave to other countries?

read more.
edit on 13-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

This is all apart of a 25 yr plan to completely phase out all petrol powered transportation as by 2040 there will no longer be any produced new and that is that. We first must phase in the green tech and when that is established like it recently has been we can then begin to phase out the dirty and old and archiac tech like petrol. By the end of this decade at least 20% of all new car purchases will be for some type of gas free or gas reduced vehicle.

By 2015 the following auto companies will have a hybrid in their range :
Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota, Ferrari, Tesla, Fisker, Honda, Cadillac, Buick, Chrysler, Fiat, Mini, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen, Audi, Nissan, Renault, Citroen, Opel, Vauxhall, Holden, Lexus, Infiniti, Scion, smart, Daihatsu, Lotus, Lamborghini, Aston-Martin.

Commercial vehicles, farm equipment, marine craft, aviation companies are all to follow suit as well.
edit on 13-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Saint,

Personally I don't see this as being a setup for a False Flag event as it would be too disastrous to the global ecological system. This is primarily to help get us off the black death.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Obama supports the Alaskan pipeline.

In a speech given in Lansing, Michigan, Senator Obama called for the completion of the Alaska natural gas pipeline, stating, "Over the next five years, we should also lease more of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska for oil and gas production. And we should also tap more of our substantial natural gas reserves and work with the Canadian government to finally build the Alaska natural gas pipeline, delivering clean natural gas and creating good jobs in the process."

And Palin even praised his position.

Palin praised Obama's energy plan

The article linked in the OP has nothing to do with Obama, but are the results of lawsuits that, like it or not, still have the right to be heard in a court of law.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by boondock-saint

Saint,
Personally I don't see this as being a setup for a False Flag event as it would be too disastrous to the global ecological system. This is primarily to help get us off the black death.

as long as TPTB stay in power there will be
no getting off the black death.

lots of inventors and scientists have died
trying.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
lol, what a bunch of roll overs!

hey japan oil guy, can you see alaska from there?

ya you have your views, as sorry as they are.

what's wrong with rebuilding it? don't you want to make 25.00 an hr?

get a pic id or the illegals will take that job too.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

In a speech given in Lansing, Michigan, Senator Obama called for the completion of the Alaska natural gas pipeline, stating, "Over the next five years, we should also lease more of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska for oil and gas production. And we should also tap more of our substantial natural gas reserves and work with the Canadian government to finally build the Alaska natural gas pipeline, delivering clean natural gas and creating good jobs in the process."

The article linked in the OP has nothing to do with Obama, but are the results of lawsuits that, like it or not, still have the right to be heard in a court of law.

Read between the lines, he is deadset against it as it continues the dominance of Big Oil and leaves douchewads like OPEC to run the show but OPEC is dying slowly. Everytime he tries to push green and eco friendly tech he's forced to take a 180 and back oil because it threatens oil.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

It looks like partisan hyperbole to me.

I'm not sure what you mean by "cheap oil" as oil has been $$$ as of late.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

i guess "senator obama" is the key.

2008 much? he is still fooling you, i see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join