It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had a confirmed "Time Slip"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What if they were visions of an alternate outcome instead of a another reality? I don't believe in many worlds interpretations but I do believe that it's possible to see alternate outcomes of what if

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

That's pretty crazy.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think I may be an abductee but I have blocked it out. I have had 'dreams' of experiments. And I have a 'scar' that I know I did not get myself. (I have EDS and scar easily so I watch for out for wounds.)

My Experience.
I had my central heating pump fixed last year and a few weeks later the boiler just stopped, in winter. It had taken us a few weeks to get a plumber for the pump so I prayed (got determined) and commanded a working boiler to come into this dimension from another dimension.
What was strange is that the thermostat control has been broken for ages but while the plumber was here, it was working. When I 'called' the boiler, the thermostat stopped working again.
Next day my spouse commented that the boiler had stopped working that night, and saw in the morning that it was fixed, so deduced I must have prayed for it to be fixed. I told my spouse what I did.
I have no idea if the boiler moved dimensions or we did....

But my sister swears blind my favourite DVD is The Notebook and bought it for me for Christmas!!
Time Machine is my favourite, always has been.
And my eldest has Deja vu dreams, and the one's where we are suppose to be arguing, we aren't. So maybe we have moved upwards.
When I learnt about this from Metatech.org, I bound us four together, so if one goes to another dimension we all go together. Suggest you do the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
cool concept of jumping out of this reality during/just before death to jump into another. Only problem I come up with is when we jump over to another reality that we will be stuck in the same years of existence. For ex. if I was born is 1950 and was about to die in 2000 and jumped to another reality would we not be stuck in those years.....1950 to whenever I decided to jump again. I would have like to live during the earlier stages of this country (18 century) and possible in the future. how does that happen?
edit on 24-4-2011 by CurtisLoew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Everyone has a guardian angel, I was told as a child. But I do believe it to be true. There are forces, looking after us, if we can maintain the purity of our hearts that we were born with. If we falter, they will cause circumstance to expose us. Or if we have troubles, they will help us.
Perhaps, you would have gotten in an accident, and some divine force intervened, and you glimpsed their work in progress.
Perhaps, someone driving really fast could have killed you and your kid, and your guardian angel didn't let that happen.

This idea is just as plausible as "time slips" and "alternate universes" and other pseudo scientific hypotheses.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Me and a friend of mine had something like this happen to us about 15 years ago. Me and Robert were on our way to hand in a bill for work he had done for a housing company. 3 o'clock was the cut off time to had in bills for the week if you wanted paid that week. If not you had to wait a whole week to get paid. He was driving along and all of a sudden I seen houses and building I had not seen on this road before. I started to look around and got a quick look at a road sign and told him to stop we had made a wrong turn some where. Well he did not want to have any part of stopping. That is until about half a mile down the road even he started to notice something is wrong. He stops and I run in a store to ask where we are and the answer was not good. I told him and he told me I was full of crap. So he asks a cop that drives up. After talking to the cop and doing a little math I was afraid we were going to get a big time speeding ticket. To get to where we were at to where we started from in the time we did the little Ford Ranger would have had to been going close to Mach 1. We had cover a little over 200 miles in less than 20 minutes! I never knew a 4 cylinder could go that fast.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If this was jumping into an alternate reality, what happens to the subconscious or soul that was in the other reality? Do you switch? Can't see why that would happen before a death..Its fascinating to think about! Maybe they Just happen all the time and for most people, it doesn't register and it was just being I'm the wrong place at the wrong time. Its nice to think that when we die, we jump to another dimension but what happened to the ones who got left behind? The ghosts.. (I know some of you don't believe but I'm a firm believe and have heard them)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
One more thing to add.. I get those brief unimportant future dreams. How do people dream of the future without living it? Perhaps it WAS lived and we went backwards in time and our subconscious remembered it. When 9/11 happened, there was so many people who had dreamed it..maybe there's a connection between all the dimension. I don't know lol thank you OP for your story, I haven't thought about this in a while

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

posted on 24-4-2011 @ 05:33 PM this post
Predictions with out the riddles.

Watch how many people within the next 7months start losing track of time...watch how the clocks stops working.

Watch how big the next sink hole is.

And how will a major city handle a tornado?

I believe you.
And many more mortals will be expressing the same thing.

edit on 24-4-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
reply to post by coquine

When the plane came to a stop, he said, "Mom, I think we died." And we began to explore the possibility that perhaps, we don't ever experience dying! Perhaps our consciousness just steps out before a trauma and moves to an alternate universe or reality, so similar to the one we were in, we don't know what happened. Even in an alternate reality, everyone we know could have "dopplegangers" that we continue our relations with - even if one version of them is crying for our loss in another!

What a fascinating idea,ive never heard of that before!

I guess no one ever watched Lost?

Anyway, this had been discussed in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on April 24th 2011 by Daughter2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It seems like you had an experience of a higher dimension. abovetopsecret.com

Welcome to your new and slightly different universe.
edit on 24-4-2011 by smithjustinb because: error

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i lost time a couple months ago. i was sitting on my couch, wide awake and not at all tired. looking at things on the interent. a show i liked was just coming on. next thing i know, i'm raising forward on the couch (i had been slumped back) and "came to" with tears in my eyes. i knew i had just seen something amazing.

the show i liked was halfway over. so i was gone for 10-15 minutes. not sure where i went but i am sure that i went.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coquine

Coquine, what you said resonates with me! Make a great deal of sense. I too have had these little time slips, and in my circle, it seems that I am the only one who notices something is different. A few days ago we traveled to Columbus Ohio from point nearly 100 miles away. We were running late, and traffic was heavy, not to mention speed cops all over. My radar detector was going off all the time.
I looked at my watch, and realized we were going to be 15 minutes late. You all know the treatment one gets when late for a doctor's appointment. I closed my eyes for a second, and wished we could move a little faster. Well, we got there, 15 minutes early. On the return trip, the 30 minutes caught up, it took that much longer to get back home. There have been other instances too. The dimensions of time and space are crossing, I know this to be true. I also know we are on an alternate reality, a virtual one created at Brookhaven labs in 1963. They recorded reality, and fed it back again and again until a virtual reality was created. I think the line are crossing. When they do, we can get back on the real one, but I do not know how. Perhaps someone is more in tune with this?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I lost 30 minutes a few years ago after what i saw what looked like a witch on her broom.....spooky.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
ive had several of the time slips before. none were really "major" , but they happened none the less.

ok, so im a junior in high school, and i was in english class. we were reading "the adventures of huckleberry finn". i for one did not really care for the book. and my ADD kicked in and i stopped caring about the book all together. i didnt read a page. but one day the teacher was reading aloud, and i remember exactly what it was about.( i hope some of you read the book, or atleast can understand what im saying)

the teacher reads about how, huck is mistaken for tom sawyer by toms aunt. toms aunt has jim (slave) in the shed. huck wants to free jim, and so huck makes a plan. just open the door (it wasnt locked). tom ridicules huck for the plan, and says that its better to creat the difficulty. so he wants to put a rope ladder in a pie, and give it to jim. use spoons to tunnle ther way to jim. they even screw with his aunts sanity by stealing and putting back silverware.- well i guess i really dont have to tell the whole dang story, so ill just get right to it.

thats the only thing remember about the book, and i remember exactly what the teacher said about everything, and what we disscussed, and what questions she asked. so about 2 weeks later, were almost done with the book. now that whole day repeats its self. everything that happened then, happened again. people being called out of class ect. it was weird. i asked people around me, "didnt we already read this?" i was the only one that noticed anything.

so the way i see it, is i went to the future in the past, thinking the future was the present, only to discover that the past had not happened yet, because it was the future. thats just one of several accounts i have with mysterious things. me and my neighbor think we were abducted. thats a possible reason for alot of things. i have seen alot of UFO's and so has he. they seem to follow us. perhaps we were abducted, and are being tracked and studied. or maye we ARE aliens. idk man, but its a crazy world we live in.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
A similar experience I had was I phoned a friend from my house and telling him another friend and I were leaving right now and would be there in exactly 3 hours.

I have driven there many many times and 3 hours is what it takes.

When we arrived after doing the speed limit all the way my friend came out and said "Man you must have done some speeding on the way here"

I looked at the clock and it said we had done the trip in 2 hours.

It was impossible.

edit on 24-4-2011 by FoxfilesMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer77
I greatly enjoy reading experiences and theories related to events of this sort, whether they be called 'Time Slips,' 'Dimensional Slips,' 'Alternate Universe Phenomenon,' etc.

I did apparently miss the 'confirmed' part of this story as mentioned in the title. I rather expect 'confirmed' to mean validated in some way from an outside source, something having to do - if not with proof - with strong evidence and not merely a personal decision of truth. I would have enjoyed reading it without the declaration of confirmation in the title. Its usage, in my opinion, seeks to improperly legitimize the experience; however, it only serves to detract from this particular story.

I suppose I could get my wife to type what time I dropped her off and get the dance teacher to tell you I was late

I recognize it's just some guy on the internet (me) just writing it up so the entire thing could be a ruse for all anyone knows (it's not, but I can't prove it to you). However the confirmed times based on drop-off time and dance time are a confirmation, if you choose to believe the story. It's not simply my opinion, it's verified with specific times.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I usually lurk this site quite often but had to make an account to share my experience. So me and two buddies were drinking a little bit and road riding. We weren't hammered, but above the legal limit. I live in rural Missouri and know every road and back road like the back of my hand. So I'm driving us around and take a backroad thats pretty far out. I knew exactly where it came out at and they had never been down it. So were driving along and I realize that we had been on this road for way to long. We had been on it for at least an hour when it should have only been about 15 if we had been going slow, which we weren't, we were doing about sixty. Then all of a sudden I see a giant opposite arrow highway sign. Like I said we were doing about 60 so i slam on my brakes and skid out onto the highway. At first I had no idea where we were at, then it hit me. We were about 20 miles down a highway that had no connecting road to the backroad we had originally taken. It scared the crap out of me, but they had never been down that road so they thought I was an idiot. Knowing that I wasn't that drunk, i've returned to that backroad twice just to check. There are no connecting roads off of it. There aren't even driveways.Like a previous poster said, I believe i actually died that night cause we were going too fast to make the turn onto the highway. Thanks for posting OP, I had always wondered what had happened to me, now I have some idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Since a lot of these stories involve driving (not just here but other web forums as well), I've often wondered if I should get a video camera installed in my car. Something that switches itself on every time I use the car, and also has an inbuilt clock on the recording.
Anyone seen something suitable?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Couldn't it have been some kind of seizure? Such as Absence seizure, Petit Mal Seizure, which does lead to Transient epileptic amnesia. I mean, you have to consider the medical issues as well. Sometimes people drive their cars, ride their bikes or even work with such seizures without noticing it. Sometimes they last for mere seconds but the seconds add up quickly.

I've never had any time slip experience, at least not while I wasn't on some kind of drug. Sometimes I'll phase out though and won't actually remember having driven or walked to my destination but that's just because I'm lost in my thoughts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join