It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura
Brilliant post,

My thanks to you and others for the kind words posted in the responses in this thread so far.

well worth spending a sleepless night on.

Mmm, I'm not convinced it will have any real benefit in terms of fighting the nonsense being written - but it was quite entertaining anyway...

I see from my latest alerts from Google News that more bits of nonsense have been published about the FBI "vault" today.

edit on 14-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Mmm, I'm not convinced it will have any real benefit in terms of fighting the nonsense being written - but it was quite entertaining anyway...

Maybe not for the big media outlets, they don't seem to give a crap really, but linking stuff like this out to others might help a bit around the community of sites and blogs that are actually bothered about Ufology. Worth a try anyway.

I see from my latest alerts from Google News that more bits of nonsense have been published about the FBI "vault" today.

Hah, yeah, will probably carry on rolling out for a month or so. By then you'd have really thought people would catch up with what's actually going on, but obviously some don't.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Wonderful to see you followed through on this
Great post and truly appreciated. I knew about the hoax, but have never seen this much detail and citation. This joins only a handful of threads I have bookmarked and thanks again. Outstanding!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You sir, should represent the people in some democratic capacity. We the people need men like you, men who persue the truth so doggedly. Excellent, thorough, and well organized. I hope you are employed in a capacity that matches your considerable skill. Perhaps now you could focus your attention on finding out who exactly stole the taxpayers money during the bailout? Pretty please?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Great thread... Thank you for clearing everything up! s&f

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks for this post and your quality work.

Nothing is more insulting and discouraging to those that seek the real truth than people who foster and spread untruths in the name of seeking the real truth... no matter whether they do it by ignorance or through deceit.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I kind of see some humour in the idea that if everyone took the time & effort to source back to FOI docs or leaked docs rather than websites & authors who do it for them we could really put alot of the conspiracies here to rest in one way or another....but then like money and debt, would we have nothing left to talk about? I think I'd still prefer to see threads in the style that you have done here; S+F for a good job well done

-B.M

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Good thread star & flag for you. Its good to see nonsense like this put to rest.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
GLAD YOU POSTED THIS! ATS NEEDS MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO KEEP THE BALANCE. I think the whole UFO subject is being affected by an emotional state brought about by wishful thinking in some observers. Emotions can certainly change one's perception of any phenomena observed. I really think a lot of the UFO mania today is being perpetuated by our enhanced abilities to record and communicate our observations. We all have good inexpensive cameras to take pictures of things we believe to be UFOs, and the means to communicate our findings and opinions on electronic forums which can disseminate information at the speed-of-light. This abundance of data would certainly appear to most people to be a great surge in UFO evidence, and in a way it is, because now more evidence can actually be recorded. In another way the statistics relating to instances of UFO activity, experiences and sightings may have remained a constant throughout the years; it's only our new ability to propagate related words and images that gives the perception of increased numbers. This amount of evidence, real, fake or mistakes of perception can get some people in an emotional frenzy, especially when they want to see UFOs or examine evidence "proving" their existence. i.e. DESIRE+HOPE=EMOTION; EMOTION+DOCUMENT OF QUESTIONABLE AUTHENTICITY=IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE OF ALIENS AND CRAFT. So, stay cool, stay objective, observe and study the data and available information and consider their sources.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You're probably right. But anyway, a stellar contribution as always from you

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Isaac, you have earned my first ever star and flag. What a wonderfully thoughtful and well researched post. It's well laid out and flows perfectly. You kept emotion and hysteria out of your posts...which is hard to find in the aliens and ufo forum

Well done again!

Michelle

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Congratulations!

Your post and information is concise, to the point and also helps deal with a multitude of factors. One fear I have is a growing problem with UFO aficionado's, that being the lack of real research (even if it's just internet related), as it appears many are just too lazy to do any work for themselves.

So I tip my hat to you and give the proverbial "thumbs up" for a job well done!

Johnny

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Good to see this is already starting to be posted on other sites and twitter. The main ATS twitter account has posted it too, awesome.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As one having been confused, trying to go through all these threads, articles and so forth, THANK YOU!

Almost done reading everything and I have to say, your post was beautifully laid out, probably one of the best I have ever seen presented on ATS.

I definitely look forward to your future posts, especially the ones you think are most credible as you stated before.

Again, much thanks for your hard work on this and clearing the mess and disinformation!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm definitely a believer, it's just too bad we have so much fake stuff to wade through, and it's sad when more is released. This post helps a lot!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Although I believe that this FBI memo is indeed relating to the hoax made by the conman....Let me be a Devil's Advocate for a second. Is there truly any DIRECT evidence that the memo is related to this hoax, other than the stories being similar and being told at the right time period? Also it seems that the Air Force knew from the get go that this story was a fraud, why would they pass on such an obvious fraud to Hottel, who then wrote a memo that if not outright suggesting it was real, then at the very least does not even hint at the fact that it is a likely hoax? Something he would have undoubtedly learned from the Air Force Investigator.
edit on 14-4-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Giant Panda Bears

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What it really amazing is the msm running with this story. Most people will not know that it is false story because they will only have heard that aliens exist per the fbi memo. They will not research it at all. Mind control at its finest. Introduce it to the masses. Now the questions is WHY!!! Are our talking heads interested in it?? NO are they allowed to air whatever stories they want? NO!! So why was this even aired. Thats got me wondering. Maybe just more disinfo to make the crazy ufo people look more crazy "sarcasm"
edit on 14-4-2011 by sd2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is a BBC radio broadcast with Nick Pope ex MOD employee for UFO's saying that although there is some really interesting stuff in the vault that nothing unfortunatly smoking gun.

Which about raps up what the OP is saying aswell. BTW exellent post, thanks.

BBC radio interview with Nick Pope

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
this is way too much to read. can someone just cut to the chase... memo is fake or not ?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
this is way too much to read. can someone just cut to the chase... memo is fake or not ?

The memo is not fake its just not reliable. BTW you don't have to read all the post to understand that the information can be associated with a hoaxer and because of that it becomes unreliable. Sorry.
edit on 14-4-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join