It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the women of ATS.......How have you been feeling lately? men welcome to.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Welcome women of ATS.

I would like to start by saying that over the past few months many of my female friends/family and myself have been repeatedly unwell.

These illnesses have ranged from: Server migraines/headaches, flu like illnesses, coughs and ear problems.
Now it is not unusual to get any of these ailments. What i do find unusual is that fact that women i know and myself have been getting these repeatedly.

For example since December i have had four cases of the above. I'm healthy so its not down to poor living and i normally get a couple of flu/cold illnesses per year.
At the moment i am ill again. This time starting off with a saw throat and then a very nasty pressure feeling in my ears. I don't have an ear infection and have never had this feeling before. Its not nice, and I'm not the only one that has this at the moment as a friend of mine feels the same.

Now we are all starting to question why we are falling ill all the time. Some of us have said it is due to the constant weather/temperature changes. But to be honest, here in the UK it is always up and down with the temperature. One day it will be freezing the next it will be mild.

So the next conclusion was maybe something in the air. But then wouldn't that affect men aswell?? I'm sure it would.

Then there is the final conclusion, what if women are more in-touch with mother Earth/nature......if the Earth is feeling ill can it affect us women???
I feel deep down that mother Earth is very ill, sad and unhappy.

So am i crazy or could i be thinking what others may think, that we women are more in tune and more sensitive to mother Earth/nature?

Please feel free to share your thoughts and feelings on this matter. I look forward to your responses and theory's.
And Mods if this is in the wrong forum subject then please feel free to relocate it

edit on 14/3/11 by boo1981 because: I have edited the title to invite men to share there thoughts and feelings too.

edit on 14/3/11 by boo1981 because: Grr spelling!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm perfectly fine, I am also not very spiritual, I also have not seen anymore females i know more sick than usual or as common.

Assuming it is not just in your mind, and you are in fact correct that it is the larger portion of females in your area, It could be many things based on location, such as air or food ect, and simple reasons like males being physically stronger making it less obvious, males less likely to let others know it bothers them or the ability to express that it is actually affecting them.

I also am not really sure why gender has much to do with spirituality.

I can say that there is a lot of tension in the world right now though, and that the psychological tensions can affect our bodies.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Alina

No it is not just in the local area and it certainly isn't all in my mind!!

I have family in the US and friends in France who have also had these illnesses more than once in the past few months.

Thank you for your thoughts.

edit on 14/3/11 by boo1981 because: Pfft!

edit on 14/3/11 by boo1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Essex UK here.... and I am normally fighting fit but over the last few months I have had what feels like a sore throat and cold threatening for it to just vanish again... then come back a few days later so i again think "Hmmm I'm getting a cold" and nothing.

a week ago I found a lump under my ear in my jaw line. I went to the GP who said "I haven't a clue what it is, take some antibiotics and come back in a week"

Well I refused as there is no infection.. no pain, no heat, no redness.

The lump is now almost 3 inches tall adn 2 inches wide if I push my finegrs in to feel it... it can also be now seen in the mirror and hubby says he can see it too now.

As for headaches.. I have had a 'hangover' type headche since Christmas.

So... are you anywhere near Essex and if so what do you think is effecting us? Can't be pollen...

or is it a koinky dink?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Sorry to hear about the lump you have under your ear. I think maybe I'd get a second opinion on that.

I'm in Bedfordshire.

And yes the headache you describe is like Ive had on and off. I also suffer from migraines and normally get them once a month. But last month i had three and they were so intense.

EDIT: I know its not hay-fever as i get the full works with that. Runny nose, watery itchy eyes and bunged up!
edit on 14/3/11 by boo1981 because: add info

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Normally I would'nt post something like this ,but I had a conversation with my husband about this yesterday.There are 4 boys and my husband and 2 girls and myself in the house. none of the boys have been ill at all recently ,but the girls and myself have all been ill.
Tireness,Flu like symptoms,spotty,stomach upset,headaches,you name it we seem to be having it.I would like to stress at this point that we are not wimps,my girls are normally really healthy and I battle on through most things ,but just recently I have not had that get up and go feeling that readily comes with being a mother of six!
I hope it is just one of the latest Viruses ,he seems to think it's the weather or the fact there is a super moon soon or maybe even the disruption in the earth's crust!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sussex here. I hardly ever get any sort of illness but since around November last year I have been almost constantly ill. From mild sniffles to full blown flu. I have had problems with my back and painful joints. I have just got over tonsilitus which I only ever had once before when I was about 14yrs old (I'm 28 now). My stomach feels like its a baloon, swollen and hard. Horrendous headaches too.
I've been to see the doctor numerous times but they can't find anything wrong. It gets you down. I feel like a hypochondriac
I do find I am sensitive to pressure changes etc for instance I'm nearly always right when I say a storm is coming, even hours before hand. I often sense if an earthquake is due too. I'll feel quesy or a few days and will have moments where I'm convinced the floor just moved. Really weird lol
So yes, I do think maybe we are more in tune with our senses and so we 'feel' things more than some other women and a lot of men.
I think in terms of the gender difference it could be that women are just more likely to actively TRY and connect with the finer senses.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh.. op is a lady.
When I saw this thread title I initially thought it was a male ATS creeper trying to out the women on the site so he could flirt.
Carry on.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

I understand were your coming from. I was a bit dubious about making this thread. But seems as so many of my friends and family have been feeling the same i thought id see if there are others that feel the same.

And as in your household. We have two girls and two boys. Both me and my daughter get these illnesses and my son and partner don't.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

I must say that when we had the solar flares in February i had such an intense migraine. It made me feel so ill.
I think that there is a possibility we are in tune with the Earth.

I haven't bothered to visit my GP as you do feel like a hypochondriac! But i know I'm going to have to if i keep getting like this as i have children to look after and thats hard when your unwell.
edit on 14/3/11 by boo1981 because: info

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Oh.. op is a lady.
When I saw this thread title I initially thought it was a male ATS creeper trying to out the women on the site so he could flirt.
Carry on.

Well that gave me a giggle.

All 100% woman here!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

That is a bit bizarre is'nt it?
I know it not just because it's a bit chilly or changable ,I go out and work in the garden when it's terrible weather and it never bothers me!
Maybe we are all in sync at the moment,I hate to say it but a bit like when there is several ladies in the same house and all of your periods seem to happen at the same time!
Sorry response is a bit short,trying to do about six things at once and not doing any of them very well!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
hello i'm english living in france i came back to england for christmas and since returning to france have been ill with all of the symptoms you have flagged. i was completely well before i came to england and am on the verge of going to the doctor here. i think there is definitely something going on, i know quiet a few women here who have been having unusual headaches all of whom came back to england over christmas time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

Yes thats so true, it is like we are all in-sync.
I also go out and do gardening when the weather is not to great and been fine after.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I am a man so there is no point in sharing that I have gone through the same spell of illness's as the OP. Including the bizzare ear pressure with the last illness. Now over that illness but the ear pressure thing still seems to be playing up.

Anyway i better leave as this for some bizzare reason is addressed at women only. Maybe I will set up a male only thread for it elsewher.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
hey boo,

i'm in england too, & agree that the rapidly changing weather seems to bring out the bugs, or keep them going

i get migraines, but not so many over the past few months, though nothing else of note otherwise

i don't think it's crazy... it might just be that you're around each other a lot, & keep passing around whatever new bugs you each get... so there's always some of them on the go, & feels like some strange correlation somehow

i think good friends (females) do synchronize their monthly cycle - i know of it happening too many times with too many people to pass it off as coincidence... but you probably know that anyway

i have no proof, but i believe that we are attuned to the feminine energies of our planet to some degree - it's just a strong feeling i've always had

this may just be psychological... or maybe because some of us are more feminine-focused or aware in our outlook &/or spiritual philosophy

something i ALWAYS get (enjoy & thrive on) just as spring is right around the corner ( weeee now!
) - is a fabulous feeling of subtle-energy build-up inside of me... i know this could be psychological in nature too, as we all look forward to it after the crappy winter months etc... but it definitely gives me a HUGE energy boost that, to me, is so much more than just an excitement etc... hard to explain, really... it's like i'm being totally energized from somewhere - spring/nature?

aw man, i'm rambling on here... i'm knackered lol

sorry, don't think i've helped you really :S

hope you all get well soon, & get a big spring-boost too

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beverley001

that doesn't sound good. Since coming to the UK you have been unwell and so have others?
My partner said to me last night when we were talking about this that maybe its like that film were all the women are wiped out by a virus!!

The cheek of it
Not sure what film he is talking about though
Have to ask him later if he can remember.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah I have been for maybe 2 months. I usually get sick maybe once or twice a year and haven't had the stomach bug since I was in 4th grade. I'm 25 now. I had vertigo for 2 weeks and it was a pain in the rear, the flu maybe 4 times and just got over a 2 week cold. It seems like I never am well
men are getting just as sick but does it seem like our immune systems are much weaker this year?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I am a man so there is no point in sharing that I have gone through the same spell of illness's as the OP. Including the bizzare ear pressure with the last illness. Now over that illness but the ear pressure thing still seems to be playing up.

Anyway i better leave as this for some bizzare reason is addressed at women only. Maybe I will set up a male only thread for it elsewher.

Thank you for sharing with us. Maybe your are one of the unique men that are too in touch with mother Earth?

The reason for the thread being directed at women is because i know of no men that have been feeling like this. It seemed to be quite a large number of women.

If you look at one of my above replies you will see that in my household there are two female and two male. Only the female's have been unwell.

This is in no way a sexist thread and if any men wish to contribute then please feel free.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
just saw everyone's posts... i hope all you girls get better as asap!

hugs from ooop north

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join