It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of College Fraternity Secrets Threads

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by krotzkrotz
This is ridiculous. There is not a shred of a legal claim for removing threads exposing the idiotic practices or the teenage mindset of college fraternities.

Thank you for that unsolicited testimonial.

So now what?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So what happen-
A few guys complain and no information about"secret" frats is allowed.
The reason Masons don't threaten to sue for lible or slander is that they would have to go to open court...

There has to be more to this then has been stated-
They have little or no legal footing for threats to this site

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLeamer
So what happen-
A few guys complain and no information about"secret" frats is allowed.
The reason Masons don't threaten to sue for lible or slander is that they would have to go to open court...

There has to be more to this then has been stated-
They have little or no legal footing for threats to this site

GLeam-less,

It must be terrible to be so scared of the Freemasons. Paranoia is an incredible thing.

Get off it. It's getting old! You've missed the original threads on this subject (College Fraternities) because they've been removed. Why don't you get removed. No room for trolls here.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23rd_Degree

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
the beer drinking frat boys are worried about the world knowing that they dress up funny, and paddle each other

Hold on now. Us frat boys drink beer, that is true. But are you suggesting that Masons are not drinkers? I've heard quite the opposite. But I guess it would be silly of me to make such a generalization about a group as large as the Masons, no?

Dress up funny? I don't think a Mason is in any position to talk about funny outfits. Honestly, do you consider a suit a funny outfit? Maybe we have different ideas on that.

And really, the whole paddling thing is bunk. I've never heard of anyone in a fraternity actually being hit with a paddle, and I've talked to a lot of different fraternity groups about hazing. I'm sure it's happened before, but I can assure you it ain't the norm. Animal House is a great movie though.

I almost always agree with damn near everything you post, but I have to take issue with you here.

OH the Masons DO drink and drink plenty. I go to the local Masonic Lodge and we drink a LOT of beer at very cheap prices ( 50cents Australian a pint!).

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
lol, so the freemasons are a front for cheap pubs all over the world... i KNEW it!!

Reflector

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Top secret government information that is relative to national security can be discussed freely, yet not the secrets of an exclusive "club."

What are we coming to.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My first post --

I have studied Ritual Books and the secrets of college fraternities for a few years. Fraternities, not counting secret groups like the Skulls, do nothing to improve a member's chance of becoming successful. Besides subconcious side-effects of belonging to a group or feeling like one belongs to something extremely important.

The idea of belonging to an important group is perpetuated by myths of the occult. Many fraternities believe that their ritual is the greatest in the collegiate system, and that the ideals of their organization are somehow superior to those of other fraternities.

Before Christianity was widely accepted, Christians used similar systems of challenging to identify each other. (most of you should be able to find the story of the fish symbol) They even wore robes similar to those you frat boys wear. (Imagine the KKK robes minus the face masks and starch on the hoods. A variety of colors is sometimes symbolic of one's role or significance in the ritual, and the color may even be a symbol for one of the ideals of the fraternity)

One could write a book about the symbolism of the robes and their links to freemasonry -- the identification of these organizations with Greek letters may also be attributed to the link between Freemasonry and ancient Greece. I am not really an expert on that part of this subject, but my point is that the rituals of fraternities, themselves, come from Freemason rituals.

What separates each fraternity is the ideals which it claims to pursue. The main difference that I have discovered between white and black fraternities is their theme. Many white fraternities pursue themes that are based in christianity, while the black rituals I have studied emphasize a symbolic recreation of slavery.

If you are wondering what a fraternity's ideals may be, take a look at their symbols or even their names. If you notice 3 or 7 of something on one of the fraternity's symbols, it may be a vague reference to the trinity or the seven churches -- christianity. If a fraternity begins with an Alpha and ends in an Omega, it is likely to have some Revelations like imagery in its ritual or at least mention christianity. Tau of course represents the cross in many fraternity names. The Chi and Rho -- Constantine's image. Constantine himself may be a part of some of these rituals.

A summary of Constantine's role in the ritual and symbolism of secret societies. The story of Constantine is an integral part of the Ku Klux Klan ritual. (You might be able to find a copy of the expose that outed many secrets of the KKK in your local library -- The Terrible Mysteries of the Ku Klux Klan; it's not exactly the ritual, but some refer to it as a public copy of their ritual). The KKK used the story of Constantine (God appears before Constantine before battle, proclaiming "In this sign (the cross or the chi rho) you will conquer"). The KKK interpreted this as "In this sign (the cross) you will conquer." What they inteneded to conquer was integration. Their interpretation lifted Constantine up as a militant-religious symbol. The flaming cross that was so prevalent in their ritual and terrorism is the ritualistic symbol of that sign which was given to Constantine. This relates to fraternity rituals because some rituals have been able to incorporate Constantine into the ritual without focusing too much on his militancy. However, one fraternity has all but copied the ritual of the KKK.

(btw - many fraternity members will adomantly deny even being associated with rituals or a ritual book, while fraternities like Delta Upsilon (I believe that's the one) have posted their entire ritual on the internet.)

What I have found the most interesting about fraternity ritual books are the ciphers/decoding methods. Without revealing which fraternities they are, I will provide two examples.

One fraternity was founded through an association with Confederate Civil War soldiers. They codified the secret parts of their ritual with a polyalphabetic code, which was what many Confederate soldiers used to relay messages during the war. It is also known as the Vigenere cipher, and you can probably google to find out the details of it.

The other method was to leave the most important words out of the ritual book entirely, and to pass the words on through oral tradition. The words are important, I know them, but do not find it necessary to post them here.

Of course, nothing in this post is really secret; just knowledge I have obtained by looking at fraternity ritual books. Just remember that the only reason that it seems like people in those organizations seem like they are getting an unfair advantage in the world is not because of the organizations themselves, but the means by which they make it into the fraternities. First, they are enrolled in college -- which better explains the excessive drinking than their fraternal association. Second, they have money for the dues. That means a lot of them have mom and dad to back them up if they don't quite make the dean's list each semester. Third, they have some kind of social ability to appease the leaders of the fraternities, which means they have the discipline that is required in many aspects of a career environment that would yield uncommon success. (they make good sycophants) And fourth, the prestige of the particular school has a lot to do with one's membership in a fraternity. Good fraternities are found at good schools. The fraternities at Harvard are being led by smarter students and better leaders than fraternities at less prestigious universities.

Fraternities are not taking over the world, but their secrecy is what markets them. That's why many people want to join -- to find out what all the secrets are about.

If you want to acquire a ritual book, there are 2 ways -- legally and illegally. I can not condone the acquisition of books illegally, and will let you imagine for yourselves the methods by which people have acquired ritual books illegally. As for legal means; check thrift stores or any place that may sell used books. People will donate ritual books unwittingly to the Salvation Army, an Antique Store, or a Used Books Store -- I'm not talking about Barnes and Noble or the local College Textbook store. Another method is through online auctions -- I just checked, and there is a Sorority Ritual Book on ebay for about $300 dollars.

Keep up the interest. These rituals are top secret, and date back to around reconstruction. Maybe you can't provide details about a single fraternity, but it does not take a history professor to figure out that the organization of these secret societies and college fraternities has something to do with Reconstruction, Gender, and/or Race. The KKK is a prime example of how race and gender were involved. Look at the organizations on your campus (if you are still in school). Do those fraternities or sororities look for certain types of people? Are they all black and male, all white and male, all christian and male, all jewish and male, all white and female, all christian and female, all black and female?

Hopefully, this gives you some insight on the history, significance, and motives of secret societies around you. They aren't as secret as they think they are, and they aren't as important as you think they are.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that the legal claim cited by the Sigma Chi Fraternity, Inc. may be found in those last three letters of their name -- Inc. Not many fraternities turn as corporate as Sigma Chi. I don't think they are any more secret than other fraternities -- remember that secrecy depends on the initiated members, and that Sigma Chi is one of the largest (if not THE largest) fraternities in the world.

Sigma Chi owns the rights to itself.

Keep in mind the fact that secrecy, or even the illusion of secrecy, is a big part of the reputations of these fraternities. That means that websites like the "anti_sigma chi" website, which provides false information about the fraternity, still threatens the image of the fraternity. Though the website does not reveal any secrets, it appears to reveal secrets, which does not help to attract new members -- why go through the ordeal just to discover what has been posted on some website.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i found your topic very lucid,,well thought out,,and informitive,,,and my alternate state of mind gives you thumbs up

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Good post about why people join. As for deleting posts about Fraternities, that certainly won't help shed light on secret society conspiracy. What law are we breaking by discussing secret rituals? By discussing news items? You guys deleted a post about a Mason who killed another Mason. Why?

I am also have knowledge about Copyrights and Secret information, since I used to do Admin and handle Clasified and secret docs for the Military. Copyrights, in response to Masonic Light (I think it was ML way back there) are just that: you need permission to copy and, perhaps, if you wish, distribute the material. If somebody actually copyrighted the ritual and then pasted it on the internet without permission, they could be liable, in my country. However, the ISP may not be liable. On my website, I aknowledge copyrights in a disclaimer linked on every page, and if the user of my site does not agree to the Terms, they are not allowed to use my site. Discussing what you have read is completely different: you don't need permission by anyone to discuss intellectual property, like books, rituals, etc. And outside of trade secrets, the only other thing that is a no no is sharing Government secret information that has not been declassified. Well, you shouldn't be reading/handling it unless you have the proper security clearance.

And I have really lost respect for this forum. You can call it a Slippery Slope argument all you want, but if Simon and gang are this spineless, what is in store for the future here? You guys totally contradict your mission statement. It is distrubing that you would be pushed over so easily, specially from a frat club. My advice: consult with a good lawyer and learn your stuff, so we can share "sensitive" information without the "Godly Hand" controlling us, since we all come here, I presume, to get away from the control freaks that are the Wordly Octopus.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by freudling]

[edit on 17-2-2005 by freudling]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Trade secret, would that imply that such fraternities are PROFIT organisations indeed ? Do the pay taxes ?

Reminds me of SCO vs IBM, "they are violating our Unix license, but we can't show you the evidence, it's a trade secret "

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberI
If anything I think the Sigma Chi challenge thread should be removed b4 the college fraternity secrets thread was. That thread specifically has info about their secrets. The college fraternity secrets thread if i recall correctly never stated any secrets of various fraternities in the thread. correct me if i am wrong.
are you by any chance a KA?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I for one believe that the secrets of fraternities should be kept secret. It is part of the joy of joining a fraternity. Is it the ritual itself that changes your life? no. it's the experience of being in the fraternity and bonding. However, the ritual attaches a purpose of sorts. I would never have seen myself joining a fraternity, but I am very happy I did.
I also know that the ritual of Beta Theta Pi was on here in some detail. While it wasn't completely correct, there was enough there to supremely piss off the betas. The Beta Nationals are quite powerful as well and, knowing the place of the ritual posted in the learning process, would not be happy at all to see it on the internet. I would not have wanted to know what I know now before the proper time. I wouldn't want any other prospective new member to know these things before it was time.
A note to simon, I joined this site yesterday and found the ritual of Beta on the posts, quoted by another member. I recognize that you may want to keep it up, but the members of Beta would certainly appreciate it if you would take it down. No disrespect, but it is important to the process of becoming a beta.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
if they want their games off the web then thats ok. because in the grand scheme of things they are just childish clubs that some people fell the need to join so they can feel some sort of superiority over others. a secret society is just that. secret! you know the secret societies that we know about, we know about them because we are supposed to know about them. the Thule society, the Illuminati two of the so called "real groups that are in control of things". we know just enough about them to be wary of them, to try and uncover them and prove that the exist, in essence, waste time and energy on decoys that have been in place for centuries. the people (beings) that really pull the strings are far more intelligent (and creative). do i have a name for them? no, if i did then they wouldn't be very secret. do i have any proof for my assertion? no, after anylizing many factors over many years(of my life)and looking at the direction that mankind has traveled through history it is a logical conclusion that our acension as a civilization has been controlled, the pace dictated by others. by a true secret society that has been around for eons.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jurasicdog
if they want their games ...

[much excess verbiage snipped]

...that has been around for eons.

All of which has absolutely ZERO to do with the Removal of College Fraternity Secrets Threads...but thank you for that oh-so fascinating and informative post.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace

Originally posted by hallucinated
Lol, what the hell is with college fraternities. These people need to get lives.

some fraternaties is probably a gateway to other "organisations"
mayby that's why.

My father was in Kappa Sigma, and they all know the history of the organization. He mentioned that the founder was actually a Mason.

What purpose would someone have to start another Fraternal organization if they already belonged to one? (thats a rhetorical/obvious question btw)

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benign
My father was in Kappa Sigma, and they all know the history of the organization. He mentioned that the founder was actually a Mason.

What purpose would someone have to start another Fraternal organization if they already belonged to one? (thats a rhetorical/obvious question btw)

It may be a rhetorical question, but you're talking about two different organizations. Kappa Sigma is a college fraternity....for college students and located on or near Colleges or Universities and typically in the United States ONLY.

Masonry or more correctly Freemasonry is an Order for ANY man of legal age (in most areas 21, but 18 in some) who believes in God. ...and located in MANY places around the world.

William Sprigg Hamilton was a member of Kappa Alpha Order (college social fraternity) and was a major reviser of it's ritual. He was also a Freemason (33rd Degree) AND the founder and author of the ritual of Psi Omega Dental fraternity. What can I say...he LIKED fraternal organizations.

I belong to several myself...although I think there are plenty around so I've never attempted to actually "start" one.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The world for my sandpit

Someone throw my rattle back in please

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Nothing more than a protective mechanism for our brothers.

Has nothing to do with any type of copyright or law !

It is censorship when is comes to discussions about Freemasonry !

As soon as there are copies of thier material from the Holies of Holies so to speak they start freaking out !

Why ? If they have nothing to hide ?

Maybe there truly is something secret about this organization ?

Hmmmmm starting to wonder about the whole thing when I look and notice that there are Masons on board as moderators, official, etc.... !

Come on ATS we don't want to believe that this is true ?

Please Please say it isn't so that you are folding to this group !

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotSoSecretSocieties
My first post --

I have studied Ritual Books and the secrets of college fraternities for a few years. Fraternities, not counting secret groups like the Skulls, do nothing to improve a member's chance of becoming successful. Besides subconcious side-effects of belonging to a group or feeling like one belongs to something extremely important.

That is incorrect. By joining a Fraternity you have a change to meet many different people. Many whom are all into adulthood. This can help you learn to get along with others, and help you to get a job by meeting a Brother who is older and can offer you one.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join