It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I experienced a "classic" UFO sighting: Nov. 28, 2010

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I like the way you described the event. And since you didn't produce a pic or a video, it is nice to see that your OP isn't getting bashed left, right and center. Hope this is the beginning of a new trend.

I would recommend reporting it to MUFON, there might be other people in your area that witnessed the same event.

S&F.

It's only because he's an owner. Do you really think an average unknown person would/could get away with just a description? Heck, even photos don't suffice half the time.

I'd like to think you're right (thinking this may be a new trend) but, we've grown more skeptical and cynical about every single thing so....not likely. I hope I am wrong and just one of those 'skeptical/cynical peeps'

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Perhaps. I wrote the reply to SO fully knowing that he is the owner. It was meant as a hopeful message.

It has to start somewhere and I hope that this thread leads by example. It does so far.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'd simply like to add that I had a similar sighting last night. I walked out my front door and saw an orange colored sphere/light moving overhead. It didn't have any other colors. I pulled out my phone to film it thinking I'd finally have something interesting on video. When I got the camera switched to video and looked up to aim the camera - the orange light was nowhere in sight. If it moved out of sight, it moved hundred to thousands of miles per second.

The only think I could suggest is that it was a flare or something, it was orange and moving across the sky from the horizon.
I live in Kansas so I can't come up with anything. Just sharing.

A.

link   
Even though many members here are skeptics I want to write this to your post on the last page SO.

From my knowledge we can't really go by the way we do things. For example time, money etc. and all that is a we thing. They don't use money, time has no meaning and they all work together to do what has to be accomplished.

Look at Peru and the Mountains in and around Nasca....... all the make up of this Planet can just about be gotten at that location alone.

I have to chuckle really they don't have Unions running there workings and from the many I have been in the presense of I will say we are unique in our strange way.

You can't really compare life to the way we are and what we need to survive or the way we do things...there are better ways and in space it is all free energy.

We really do need to start moving past UFO's and start with Alien life and AFO's Alien Flying Objects.

Keep your camera handy SO you never know.

link   
I'm glad you decided to share the experience with us! Not only was it descriptive, but also really quite fascinating. While it's true that your credibility does help secure your tale as being more than fiction, I am always welcome of anyone willing to share their UFO experiences. They generally leave me with a feeling of wonder and amazement, which is the reason I came to ATS in the first place.

It's not as cold out tonight as it has been, I think ill step outside for a few...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Most people here on ATS who have been around awhile know me as being "skeptical" that UFO sightings represent something of non-terrestrial origin. I've been on record several times stating that I simply don't believe we mere earthlings would be interesting for any advanced civilization capable of interstellar travel. However, last night I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.

Skeptic Overlord, I must say that am also well and truly pleased that you have experienced something that clearly defies explanation. Fabulous, isn't it? Gets the old gray matter humming it does... As others have said, welcome to the other side.

But having said that, although I too have had several sightings over the years, none have "defied physics" as we humans understand physics, quite as spectacularly as yours did. A couple were moderately spectacular, though, in the moment at least, but man, did you luck out.

I do disagree with your reasoning for for your basic approach, that of "they would find us boring." I say that because ever since a child I've always been fascinated with nature and am interested in so many things... indeed, there are scientists who devote their entire lives to researching the lifecycles of tiny little bugs in remote locales, people who are thrilled to discover a new tiny frog deep on the jungle, people who... well you get the idea. I can relate to those people.

If one must assign an anthropomorphous nature to the aliens; assuming of course that there are such and that they are responsible for what so many and now you have seen; is it not unreasonable that they might have journeys of exploration to other worlds to gather ever more information on the diversity of life throughout space, just for the thrill of seeing and understanding new lifeforms, just because they can... just as we do in our own fledgling way?

Surely... you'd understand that, no?

Going back to the beginning of the post, my reflexive thoughts have always been that "things in the sky" are not of fantastic origins beyond this earth. But this defies explanation as something earth-bound technology could produce, especially in the apparent speed of the two "objects" that broke away and apparently split to travel north and south at an exceptionally high rate of speed.

I tend to agree with that... as, in my opinion, even if the military is twenty or thirty years ahead of us, even given the implications of that on our civilian technology timeline, I find such a level of capability hard to fathom. That said, there is that famous quote from Ben Rich, who I hold in high regard, so... maybe! But still... such a thing boggles the mind.

So, the question remains, since it cannot be a bolide, what... and who... was that?

All you have is my word

Good enough for me. I tend to believe those people I find credible. I just wish the same'd happen to some of my friends! Ha!

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Wow this is big news. The owner of ATS saw something fantastic in the sky. This is great news SO, perhaps we'll make a believer out of you yet.

You also made me really want to purchase an ipad after playing with my girlfriend's dad's ipad over the thanksgiving holidays.

link   
I always put myself in the other shoe, If I ever witnessed something similar I think It would piss me off.
The reason why is that the event you saw was way off in the distance. It could be anything, natural occurrence., maybe a satellite, to a secrete satellites,to the space station to even china or russia doing something. The speed in space orbit is roughly 17,000+ miles an hour which is darn fast. then it could have been a meteor that broke apart.
So me being a skeptic If I saw it, I would just put on the shelf with the likes of a shooting star. I'm not about to give aliens if they exist any credit unless it is total undisputed. There is too many what if's. with these type of sitings.
You may have to take a couple days to go over it in your mind and decide how you want to file it in your memory.

link   
S & F! Great job on documenting your sighting. I, too, have seen objects in the night sky that defied a rational explanation. Whether these objects are biological in nature, terrestrial or extra-terrestrial craft is unknown and why we classify them as Unidentified. Thanks for sharing scientifically and for expressing yourself over your first real unexplained aerial phenomenon! The Night Skies are so vast, what is it that we aren't seeing? Kudos to you, SkepticOverlord!

edit on 29-11-2010 by Synthesist because: typo

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Interesting report.

I must ask regarding your statement, "... I experienced something that defies terrestrial explanation.", why would you make that assumption? A light that makes the moves you describe certainly defies explanation but "terrestrial explanation"? To make the jump to assume that what you observed was extraterrestial is questionable, IMO.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
People should spend more time looking in the sky.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Whose saying we're not considering that these might be off-world entity-driven-crafts? I certainly entertain that notion especially the ones that split and divide (like OP said) or stop on a dime, then accelerate in another direction etc.

I feel many/most are man-made howeva, where did man get the technique and technology?
People scoffed at people like Bob Lazar who 25 years ago said we (black ops) were back engineering off-world vehicles.
And now that we feel that is probably how this came about (because no one is sharing this info with us stupid people...) we almost have to apologize to these 'wackos' and say 'thank you'

Once you had an experience,(and this might have been an epiphany for SO....I dunno but) your mind expands, logic leaves, frustration sets in then....... anger turns into acceptance. You just don't care who believes you anymore.

Like I said earlier, I hope I am around when the truths are revealed.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

One of us, One of us.
Welcome to the club
It's the white light..ooOh... so bright....Day and night...magnetic light.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

I think all those logical explanations enters your mind automatically but then your intelligence takes over dismissing those explanations.

If you're watching a star for many minutes....staying still.........then moved.....then sat still again only to divided and split up well.......I think a kindergartner would know that ain't no meteor.

So just accept the fact that many things simply defy Humanly explanations at this time. Perhaps the ancient cultures knew but we Neanderthals of the 21st century (who are seemingly going backwards in progression) haven't a clue and our 21st century-egos, doesn't like that conclusion.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

you are right but I thought of all those things, that is why I came up with the analogy of myself.

when I was a kid at the beach I dug a hole all day. Y? cause I wanted to see what was down there, energy time hunger none of that mattered.
look at most art and artists in general do they all get famous and rich? no but they do what they do most every day because they love it alot of people would say they are wasting there time, I know I have been told that several times. but I still melt glass even though it will break eventually.

reminds me of forest gump running across the country, no idea where he is going just Runnin' maybe thats what their doing just exploring cause they can. whomever they are.

your reasoning though makes sense no matter how determined you are there are costs and maybe that is why we only get very few visits?

I missed your post Pixelduster exactly my thoughts. *

edit on 11/29/2010 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackghost
People should spend more time looking in the sky.

Yeah but their hand-held gadgets are all in their hands though.
Parish that spiritually inspired thought. Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak will all have your head!

Great idea. Instead of having some dumb holiday like Grounds Hog Day, there should be a "Keep Quiet, Shut off all Electronics and Watch the Skies" day!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Glad you had this sighting...

About the issue of us not seeing any reason why they would come here, If they are so far advanced of us, then they could have found thousands of reasons to come here that we don't know about..

I like the thought of not letting my non-understanding of the reasons for visitation being any barrier to knowledge..

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Capella Star!!

Ok on October the 9th and 10th I saw what you saw, and I've been seeing it in the direction of Capella. adept2u.blogspot.com...

I don't suppose I have much to add except you aren't alone. I've been about stuck to the sky since before I saw it and ever since then about every night.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That is not necessarily true about the bashing, what set SO's thread apart was the way he describes and documents it, even down to planets I have never heard of before. Really when a member comes forward with an extraordinary claim about anomalous lights in the sky it is how it is presented which makes it or breaks it within this community.

I have seen WAY way less info brought forward with a much larger response from members both good and bad, but if stars and flags count which they do, it simply means if you are lying your going to get hung and fast.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I giggled when I saw the word "classic".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join