It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Manual Top Secret/Majic Eyes Only: Extraterrestrial Entities and Technology, Recovery and D

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have a gut feeling it is fake. Such a document would never have seen the light of day in my opinion, partially due to the very limited number of them ever produced.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This olddddddddddd....
I've had this for so long, and seen it pass the revenue so many times.

We'll Never know if this is real...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Below are a number of arguments against the authenticity of various MJ-12 documents:

The FBI investigated the matter, and quickly formed doubts as to the documents' authenticity. FBI personnel contacted the U.S. Air Force, asking if MJ-12 had ever existed. The Air Force reported that no such committee had ever been authorized, and had never been formed. The FBI presently declares that "The investigation was closed after it was learned that the document was completely bogus."

Critics note that the documents are of suspicious provenance. Shandera and Good both claimed to have received documents from anonymous senders, and most subsequent MJ-12 documents have surfaced under equally questionable circumstances.

Page 11 of the Special Operations Manual SOM1-01 refers to "Area 51 S4", which is the same nomenclature and location referenced by R. Lazar 35 years later in 1989. Given the history which is known about Area 51, it is unlikely that the S4 facility could have been built as early as 1954, nor that the government would continue to employ the same nomenclature, and the same physical facilities, for 4 decades.

Source

Don't put any stock whatsoever into anything the FBI says about these documents because they would not even have the proper clearance to gain access to any document like this to begin with!
Top Secret compartmentalized information like this would never be given to ANY member of the FBI ever,
Just lookup a verified letter written by the FBI director at the same time these documents are purported to have come out at..
J. Edgar Hoover stated that the Army would not allow them any access to any UFO materials of the time.. And that has not changed to this day.
My main point about this is all of these so called high up groups like the FBI and others coming out and making claims that these documents are bogus would NEVER be given clearance to see anything like this to begin with.
Documents like these would also never follow any particular format because of the ultra high security. They would do this so if they ever were leaked they could be claimed to be non genuine because of non conforming typographic protocols..
The author Timothy Goode first published these documents in September 1989 and at that time said he felt they were real, but now I've heard he thinks they were forgeries...
There are a lot of reasons to believe they are fake, and also just as many or more reasons to believe they are genuine...
It is difficult to choose which is correct, but one thing is quite apparent in those documents, and that is that the information revealed follows what many consider could only come from someone who definitively had access to that type of information and based them on insider knowledge.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by UfoSpecial]

[edit on 10-5-2010 by UfoSpecial]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

some were even found in official records, etc. So source is an issue, but not for ALL the docs.

if your talking about any with reference to mj-12 the documents were planted in the archive. Even the few people who think some of the documents are genuine concede they were planted. So we dont know the source only that they were planted there by either 1. the hoaxers or 2. a "deep throat" character on the inside trying to reveal the truth

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Richard Doty used the term MJ Twelve in his Aquarius teletype to Paul Bennewitz in 1980. The first MJ 12 papers surfaced in 1984. Coincidence? I think not.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
All of the above are also tied with the infamous "Aviary" group though...so again, some big reasons for doubt....

if your talking about any with reference to mj-12 the documents were planted in the archive. Even the few people who think some of the documents are genuine concede they were planted. So we dont know the source only that they were planted there by either 1. the hoaxers or 2. a "deep throat" character on the inside trying to reveal the truth

A good point, that indeed, it is possible these few were planted given the circumstances of those docs, but again, hard to prove one way or another. (and, would have been a good plant, as other records had similar doc numbers within the same file box)...

While I pretty much take anything from an "Aviary" source with a heaping teaspoon of salt...I do have to admit how much the claimed story stays consistent with so many sources involved, and the level of supporting information and research needed to conceive of such a hoax....if that's what it is (the whole aviary mythos, that is...aliens liking strawberry ice cream, tibetan chants, the whole bit.....)

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Good stuff OP

The whole MJ12 subject is very fascinating. Its been a long debate on whether or not this group even exists or ever did exist.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
haha "aliens" of course they are, i mean its not like they are...humans from the future ..slightly more geneticly advanced then us. leaving thier "trash" to slowly prepare us for whatever nearly destoryed them.
of course i could be wrong, just a theory, they do tests on us leaving us nice gifts (us recovering thier technogly) honestly think about it for a moment, why would an advanced alien race just crash on our planet like they are morons? either its us shooting them down *why wont they react?*
they dont recover thier dead or lost technogly, so clearly they dont care if we study them, infact i think they are hoping for it

that being said, how do you think the public we react to "people from the future aiding us before we either destory oursevles, destoryed by cosmos terrors, outside threats"

next few years alot of things will change, enjoy life for now, our survival is garrenteed.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

I just love it when I go to download a file and I've gotta join all kinds of crap to get it.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I posted this in the last SOM1-01 thread, might as well post it here as well.

A document entitled "SOM1-01: Extraterrestrial Entities and Technology, Recovery and Disposal" (ref. 209.132.68.98...) and found on www.majesticdocuments.com contains paragraphs with subheads set in the sans serif "Helvetica" typeface. The document purports to be from 1954 yet the typeface in question was first designed in 1957 by the Swiss graphic designer, Max Miedinger.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist
I posted this in the last SOM1-01 thread, might as well post it here as well.

A document entitled "SOM1-01: Extraterrestrial Entities and Technology, Recovery and Disposal" (ref. 209.132.68.98...) and found on www.majesticdocuments.com contains paragraphs with subheads set in the sans serif "Helvetica" typeface. The document purports to be from 1954 yet the typeface in question was first designed in 1957 by the Swiss graphic designer, Max Miedinger.

The Woods answer to this claim is straightforward.

www.majesticdocuments.com...

An examination of the 1959 USGPO publication, “Specimens of Type Faces” has revealed two fonts for the sans-serif bold headers that could have been used in the era: the Franklin Gothic and the Square Gothic, the latter seeming to be slightly closer to the images in the original photographs because of the constancy of line thickness and because of the letter spacing. If Square Gothic was used, this puts to rest the suggestion that Helvetica type, not invented until a more modern era, “proved” that it was a fake.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this! I just wonder if this is a document that is questioned because of its authenticity? It seems to me that it would be very difficult to manufacture such a hoax.

Stars and Flags...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by majicbar

Thanks for that majicbar. The Woods are wrong about the font being Franklin Gothic or Square Gothic. All you have to do is look at the letters. I have some work to finish here first, but I'll be back later to show that the font in the SOM1-01 manual is Helvetica.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
So who runs the ufo show in america? Is it the cia or nsa?

What about in other countries such as norway where everyone was denying the spiral was a wormhole?

What is the purpose for the cover-up? Are we heading to global slavery at the hand of alliens and corporations? Does the nato military-industrial complex spend trillions on ufo/alien "black" tech?

What about all the underground alien bases scatttered throughout our planet? How many are there and do humans cohibit? How many people get abducted each year for medical experiments?

Who will answer my "burning" questions? Do I have to join free-masonry to have fun..... and learn about disc-lo-sure.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This document has already been posted. I have seen this and supposedly the FBI performed an inquiry into Maj-12 and found no significant proof that the organization even exhists.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Of course the section that contained the pictures is missing......

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I have some old CIA documents from that era. Got them with FOIA for a research project a few years ago. All I can say is, the formatting of the cover page and index is wrong.

Forget the information, I could care less about it. The "top secret/majic eyes only" wording just isn't used with that type of font. If I had a way to scan some declassified talent/keyhole documents, you'd see what I'm talking about.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
It doesn't really prove anything, I could probably write something equally convincing this evening if I was inclined to do so.

Of course you could. So could I. But the real question is why would you even bother? Especially if you don't get any credit for it.

I really have better things to do with my time then hoax a large manual for the military.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is such an obvious fake.

The Gothic New Century Bold 12 pica font face wasn't even INVENTED until 1955!!

SO there!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Antor

Hmmm, just checking assuming that this document etc is from the 1950's the text appears to be fully justified, was that doable on typewriters back then ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join