It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would get your vote now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
OK ATS'ers.

AS we all know (R) Ron Paul got the votes in the straw poll at CPAC!

So. Who would you vote for in the presidential nomination?

1. Ron Paul
2. Sarah Palin
3. Mitt Romney
or
4. a Liberal "progressive"

Personally you all know who would get my vote.

Ron Paul, FTW!

Edited to add existing ATS link and source.
Ron Paul wins presidential straw poll at CPAC
Source

[edit on 21-2-2010 by havok]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ron Paul absolutely and positively is the only elected official with any common sense. Long live Ron Paul and his movement. Damn I love that man!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Agreed. There are tons of Paul supporters here.
I see lots of posts on previous threads about voting and supporting him.

I am curious of people's opinions on the other two.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
An unknown fiscal conservative with no real party affiliation, a very extensive background and resume showing a highly successful history of running a balanced budget, one who believes firmly in limited government and government powers over the people. Someone who can get the job done, and will stand firmly on the principles this country was founded on. A person with no ties to ANY special interests, political organizations and a fundamental understanding and respect for the constitution. One who will be strong in defense of national security..... BUT why waste time on what kind of leader we need?

It ain't gonna happen... it will come down to only two "choices" and of those either will simply be another puppet loaded with false promises and a hidden agenda.

The downward cycle continues....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It would be a toss up between either Ron Paul or Sarah Palin. I'm not completely sold on either one. On the other hand, I likely would not vote for Mitt Romney and would *never* vote for a liberal progressive.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

People are tired of politics as usual for the last 40 or so years. Unfortunately Obama was not the change we were looking for. Not his fault entirely.

I'm hanging on to optimism that people are waking up to the real need to restore our constitution, liberties and pursuit of happiness. Ron Paul is that ray of hope. I'm holding on!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I would love to see Ron Paul as president.
Unfortunately, he is un-electable, and isn't that a damn shame ?
Here is a man who understands the Constitution.
He would turn American politics upside down.
He would actually be good for this country. (And that's why he is un-electable)

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Who would I vote for...right now?

No one, really... I'm not even sure who's interested in running for President right now... No one has expressed anything more than a passing interest yet...

Seriously, gotta be just a bit shy of voting for anyone who "wants" the damned job right now...

The person who shows me some leadership is the one who'll likely at least interest me. That's what is sorely lacking in govt. right now...no leadership at all.

A Romney/Palin ticket would certainly spark some interest... That would seem to appeal to an across the board segment of the GOP/conservative party. Don't be surprised if a large portion of the "concervative" movement leaves the GOP sometime in the next year, to year and a half... Especially if a more moderate GOP frontrunner seems to be gaining momentum...

A dem ticket will, of course, include President Obama, but will the current VP, Joe Biden be there with him? I'm thinking unlikely at this point... Mr. Biden has brought little to nothing to the show... it wouldn't surprise me if he got "Eagleton"ed in '12. As to who replaces him? There I haven't a clue. I think it'll be someone a bit younger, and has some foriegn policy chops. Will he/she necessarily be a Dem? No rule says he/she has to be...

Will Secretary of State Clinton resign her cabinet post to run again? There's a dark horse for you... There's no loyalty there in the least. She'll run if she thinks she has half a chance.

[edit on 2/21/2010 by seagull]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Well, not necessarily right now.

More along the lines of, when the elections come, now that the straw poll is over.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
1. Mitt

2. Sarah

Of course it is too early to really tell who will step up

We may get a few more interesting names thrown in the barrel

Semper

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

semper did you see the speech Glenn Beck gave at CPAC?
If not I just made a thread on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I figured you didn't mean right now, but I couldn't help myself...

Honestly though, it's way too early yet... Though, of course, the same ole names will crop up. My interest lies with the unknowns that may be out there...

I'd like to see someone with a bit more in the way of foreign policy chops to run. An example, though not necessarily her, would be Condi Rice. Regardless of how many feel about her roll in the ongoing wars in the ME, she knows her stuff foreign policy wise... Maybe as a VP candidate with a Romney, or (and this ought to get a reaction) Jeb Bush...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Jeb Bush? Really?

Maybe Rand Paul. Ron's son but not Jeb Bush....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

Just about the reaction I thought would come

No, I wasn't really serious with Jeb... Though of that clan, he may be the brightest and best qualified. He's expressed zero interest in running to the best of my knowledge...

Oddly enough, I have little use for Ron Paul. Something about him just doesn't ring true about him to me. ...and I don't know what it is...drives me nuts. I just don't like the guy.

I think it might be easier to write what you want in a Presidential candidate, and see who matches up best...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The candidate who open sourced his(or her) entire history before the election began to make sure there are no blackmailable items in it. After that, the candidate who showed he(she) would follow her conscious over expediency or compromise.

If more than one such came up, THEN I would worry about the candidate's issue's stances compared to my own.

On a more realistic basis, the unwinnable candidate who comes closest to the above, and/or the one unwinnable candidate who stands the best chance of getting more than five percent of the vote as means of protesting against candidate who are puppets.

So yes, Ron Paul seems to fit the ideal candidate criteria and definitely the realistic criteria, while Dennis Kucinich fits part of the ideal candidate criteria, and part of the realistic criteria

The same measure applies to congress and the senate, though with a third agenda, namely to get voted out, anyone who committed acts like voting yes for TAARP. or who seem to treat their position as their due such as the late Kennedy did.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Erm...do we have any names of number 4, or are you tossing all as the same...

Seems the only choice really are specifics or basically "not a republican".

Well, since none of them are defined, then the real choice your offering is the choice of 3 republicans to run against the dems...in that case, the person on that list that I feel has the best potential and if won I feel would be the most rational and level headed would be Ron Paul.

I disagree with many of his stands, but my disagreements are simple philosophical differences. I feel he would actually put thought into boosting our debt even further with war against more brown people...he seems like the one least likely to be corrupted.

Palin would be my vote if I wanted to assure republicans never won another election once she was done...after a few wars, budgets gone out of their mind wild on military, etc etc...she would be like a hyper version of GWB. Although that is tempting, I still like the country and would rather have the continued 2 party system verses the full elimination of the conservative movement once and for all by putting a timebomb in office.

Ron Paul...seriously folks...you far right folks need to stop the promotion of the most insane of your party...give Ron a chance.

-edit:add- didnt mean to write the most potential as far as most potential to win...I meant he has the most potential to be a good leader...he simply isnt jingoistic enough to capture the hearts of the core republicans at this point because he is more substance than preformance...and people enjoy catch phrases moreso than plans with substance...hope and change, drill here drill now, etc

[edit on 21-2-2010 by SaturnFX]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

None of the above. However.........

5. Jesse Ventura

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
AT this point, I think I would seriously write in 'Larry the Cable Guy' because at least I'd have a fighting chance at laughing while having my wrists duct-taped to my ankles and pillaged by the PTB.

If I couldn't muster a laugh, at the least I'd be distracted while being used like a chamois at the corner car wash.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ron Paul is OK in my book.

Truth be told I do not know that much about Mitt Romney, so I cannot say that I would not vote for him, fairly...

I do know where Ron and Sarah Stand on the issues though, and out of those two, I prefer Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Bearakkaz Obama.
2nd

top topics

<<   2 >>

join