It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing Earth Theory in Regards to the Pyramids World Wide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Creighton,

This is really more of a question to you rather then a posting of knowledge.

Have you heard of the Growing Earth Theory?

There is a Gentleman named Neil Adams who is pushing this theory and to be honest with you, it is one of the first theories about the Earths growth and tectonic movement that has actually made sense to me.

Here is the Mr. Adams 2 minute presentation.

Now, I understand that this gentleman is saying that the amount of time for this to happen was in the millions of years range, but I believe it could of happened faster then this and here is why. I believe that myths written off by modern society either to hide truth or suppress it actually have much credence to them such as the stories of the Flood, Gilgamesh, Atlantis, Lemuria etc.

The reason I say that is, I find it highly unlikely that the people back then were really that much different then us in the way of just being people that work, come home take care of their families and so on. I believe personally that we have come and gone many times, yet always on earth, but the point is that with so many similar stories and legends around the earth of these types of events that there is corroborating evidence that such events actually happened on a world wide scale either very suddenly or very close together.

I also believe, and I know this sounds weird, but that with this Growing theory that the earth actually grows to accommodate the amount of hosts that are on it. That being said, I believe that in "ancient" times the earth was much smaller, as seen in the model Mr Adams put together and that because of population explosion, the planet had a "contraction" if you will like a pregnant woman. That is to say, the population was growing so fast, that the earth couldn't keep up and therefor grew extremely fast, so that perhaps the land masses that were together in the video literally pulled apart so fast that it was as if Atlanta(s) was swamped by water becoming the atlantic rift and thus the ocean of the atlantic.

This is where I believe there might be some really interesting prospects. If you look in the video we see that Antartica was butted against peru, columbia against africa, india down towards the bottom of africa etc. as seen in the video.

I've also held for a long time that the Pyramids of the world are Noah's Ark(s). I say that because of a mistranslation in the king James bible. They never knew what the material for the ark was. The word being Kefa. Because the G of Gopher and the K of Kopher/Kefa was not clear, they just added wood thinking it was Cyprus. It is clearly not what was originally intended. Please forgive this lengthy article, but it has much information on the study of this topic. Though they do not suggest that it is Baetlys

The Hebrew word "gopher" is used only once in the Bible, in Genesis 6:14. God told Noah to "make yourself an ark of gopher wood." Because no one knows for certain what "gopher" means in this context, the King James Version and the New King James Version simply leave the word untranslated and say "gopher" wood.

Most modern English versions of the Bible translate it as "cypress." This is probably incorrect and is really only a guess supported by very weak evidence. Why cypress? In trying to solve the identity of "gopher wood," some guessed that a transliteration might be involved ("kupar" into “gopher”). Adam Clarke's Commentary says, "supposing the Greek word kuparissov, cypress, was formed from the Hebrew rpg, gopher; for take away the termination issov, and then gopher and kupar will have a near resemblance."

Another supposed evidence for “cypress” is based on the fact that cypress trees are large and strong, and in the post-Flood earth, at least, once grew abundantly in Chaldea and Armenia. Armenia is where the ark is believed to have landed, in the mountains of Ararat. Cypress is far from the only guess made by translators. Other trees and plants include pine, cedar, fir, ebony (Bockart), wicker (Geddes), juniper (Castellus), acacia (Religious Tract Society), boxwood, or slimed bulrushes (Dawson). Tree. Photo copyrighted. What's wrong with all such guesses that attempt to identify a particular tree or plant with "gopher wood?"

First, if "gopher" is a tree or a plant, it is not necessarily one that still exists today.
Many plants have become extinct. We know little about the kinds of wood available to Noah in the pre-Flood world. No one today has seen the pre-Flood world; it was destroyed. [See: Has the Garden of Eden ever been found?]

Second, we don't know where in the wide world Noah lived; there is little or no evidence, only assumptions. Based on even conservative rates of population growth, Earth could easily have been widely populated in the 2000 years between Creation and the Flood.

Third, the identification of "gopher" with “cypress” or any other known tree or plant, based on Noah's supposed location, ignores the fact that Earth was greatly changed by the Flood. Remember that the Flood devastated the entire globe. Here is a quick summary of some of the relevant events and their ramifications… All the fountains of the great deep broke up (implying massive earthquakes and splitting of Earth's crust) (Genesis 7:11). [See: Noah's Flood - Where did the water come from?] Such earth movements would produce huge tsunamis in the rising seas, producing further devastation. So massive was the amount of water involved in the Flood that it eventually covered all the highest hills/mountains (Gen. 7:19). There is no such thing as a worldwide, tranquil flood.

In total, such events would clearly produce major geologic and geographic changes. Massive devastation and erosion would occur: hundreds and even thousands of feet of sediment would be laid down during such a catastrophe (the biblical flood lasted more than a year). Massive destruction was clearly the point of this judgment: the destruction of all humans on the earth (except those protected by the ark), the erasure of every trace of these extremely evil people and their civilization, starting over with the only remaining Godly family, and leaving Earth changed in ways that would make it more difficult for evil to rapidly spread and dominate the globe—as it had in the physically more paradise-like, pre-Flood world which was much closer to the way God created it.

Based on the size of this historic event and evidence from the geologic record, pre-Flood and post-Flood geography probably do not correspond well. This is another reason why we cannot know the approximate latitude/longitude of the ark’s construction site. Fourth, the location of the ark’s landing is not very relevant. Remember that the post-Flood ark floated around for five months on tumultuous water. It could have traveled far from its construction site. In summary, if "gopher" refers to a type of tree or plant, we lack sufficient evidence to determine its identity. It is possible that "gopher" refers to a PROCESS or METHOD used to prepare the wood or to construct the ark.
Examples: 1. The words "gopher" and "ets" (wood) used in Genesis 6:14 are translated in the Septuagint (LXX.) as "squared beams."
2. The Vulgate version translated these same words as “planed wood.”
3. Some researchers have suggested that "gopher" may have referred to a lamination process, which might have been necessary considering the huge size of the ark (450 feet long or more). If true, the correct translation would be “laminated wood.” The Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry suggests that the true meaning of the word "gopher" may be found in a modern dictionary, and that forms of the word may still be in use today. "In the Concise Oxford Dictionary 1954 edition under the word 'gofer, gaufre, goffer, gopher, and gauffer see also wafer' it speaks of a number of similar things ranging from wafers as in biscuit making (layers of biscuit) or in a honeycomb pattern, to layers of lace in dressmaking, and hence goffering irons to iron the layers of lace."
4. Due to the similarity between a “g” and a “k” in the Hebrew alphabet (both resemble a backwards “C”), some have suggested that the first letter in the word “gopher” could be a scribal error, and that the word should be "kopher." Kopher is a Hebrew word translated as “pitch” in Genesis 6:14. Pitch is a waterproof covering. (No one knows for sure what kind of pitch Noah used). But if this scribal error theory is correct, then the verse would properly read, in effect, "Make yourself an ark of pitched wood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch." The bottom-line is that this ancient word remains a mystery. It is just one of many things I look forward to asking Noah about, when I get to Heaven.

Please note wood is only added because cypress

I believe they are being told to make it out of stone and that what actually floated were the techtonic plates with these pyramids housing the dead to be "Remember"

That being said, I believe Noah and his sons, being groups of humans, not single people were told to make these memorials to be remembered by God...the future us.

Regardless of all that, I guess what I am really trying to get at is that on a smaller planet, all of these "memorials" would have been much closer together and are perhaps throwing us off to the mysteries they contain because we need to be dealing with a different scale then we are used to.

For instance, an inch wouldn't of been an inch back then but, It would be a foot...just as example. Obviously the pyramids didn't change size, just the earth did. On a smaller earth you have much bigger creatures as well, which could explain how they moved such great stones, because they were Great men...what we see in our museums dressed as animals today or at least some of them. Perhaps we are just the Munchkins to Oz?

To be Conti

[edit on 23-3-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i think this is all very interesting, but your missing the concept here. an "inch" back then wouldn't have been any different from an inch today. nor would the people have been any larger. the only difference the video is implying is that the actual overall diameter of the plant would be larger. he isn't suggesting that the actual creatures and life forms would have been any different in size.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas_Shadybrook
i think this is all very interesting, but your missing the concept here. an "inch" back then wouldn't have been any different from an inch today. nor would the people have been any larger. the only difference the video is implying is that the actual overall diameter of the plant would be larger. he isn't suggesting that the actual creatures and life forms would have been any different in size.

Actually during the "pre-flood" time period, the Earth had 7x more oxygen in the air. This caused creatures to evolve larger, a few scientist have reproduced results in a lab setting. Many use this is explain why dragonflys are now 1/15th the size they used to be (random number!), and why dinosaurs could grow to such proportions. As for people? Who knows, their are tales of giants afterall.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I believe that these races were all given specks on how to build this based on what they had seen "in the mountain".

Most of the cultures that built pyramids seem to have been influenced by Volcano's. We see Moses go to the top of the Mountain where he sees a bush burning but not on fire...but a wavey heat not consuming it...flash heat.

They are guided by the pillar of smoke and the fire by night...Volcano....Mount Tsion....Volcano.....Lord Pashcal Shield...Volcano....even Volcano....being Baal Cain....Vulcan....the first piece of solid ground from the primordial waters.

The bible also states that it had not rained before the flood but a mist came up and watered the earth...sounds like a young earth to me seething with volcanic activity.

A smaller earth would also explain how things from Egypt are found in the grand canyon and such...being that they were not that far apart or at least not the distances they are at now.

Also, Moses would of had an Egyptian education and would of used those standards for writing Genesis and thus the dimensions.

As for the Measurements. In the hebrew the measurements are broken out a little more then what is seen in the KJV. It says, 3 of 100's not 3 hundred as is commonly thought to be the length.

So it would be 3 each of 100 by 50 (1/2) by 30 and finished to above 1 cubit. 3 stories, the lowest, the queen and the kings chamber. There are windows in the side...(the air shafts) and a door in the side, which God sealed behind Noah(Kings or whoever it was) Noph? who is Memphis?

I believe they used their hands, that is the natural 90% angle of the forefinger and thumb to do measurements as an angle is angle at any size. It is all in scale, not measurement. Any worker could figure out angle and how much needed to come or go by the expanding width of the angle. It would never change that way and you could be working with any length, all that mattered was the correct angle....I believe that is why that word is so worked on us....Angel.

I know this is crazy as well, but I believe these are also the tower that have every one confused. In other words the towers of Babel. They even left off building some of them. Perhaps catastrophe broke them up and they couldn't finish, such as Dozer and so forth.

Another tie in is the Masons or Eben. People lay a pentagram over Washington D.C. I call ophisngtun dc...the serpent barer...Ussa or Joesph who is in MitZraim to this day. but if you lay a schema of the great pyramid over Washington dc it fits perfect.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fee62bbb5b2d.jpg[/atsimg]

to be continued...

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

The video is actually saying that the earth was smaller and has grown to the size it is at now.

I realize that and inch is an inch, all I am suggesting is at scale, on a smaller earth, the pyramid would of been the same size as stone doesn't grow, but in proportion to a smaller earth, it would have been bigger in proportion to the planet size, not itself being bigger.

Also, I am saying the reason for the bigger sized creatures, is because not only of the fossil record, but also the fact that we don't even know what accurately happened last year, let alone 4 billion years ago. It is absurd to think that the findings we have are conclusive. To many things don't add up or in this case scale up...

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620

Actually during the "pre-flood" time period, the Earth had 7x more oxygen in the air. This caused creatures to evolve larger, a few scientist have reproduced results in a lab setting. Many use this is explain why dragonflys are now 1/15th the size they used to be (random number!), and why dinosaurs could grow to such proportions. As for people? Who knows, their are tales of giants afterall.

What did you have for dinner a year ago on tuesday? Do you remember? What are the pyramids for? Do you understand my point?

For all we know the dino bones could be large chickens, what's to say these creatures of 2 billion years ago are what we are led to believe? Honestly...We've got a huge gap in history and not a clue other then guesses as to what happened or how we even came to be. How can we be sure about dino's and not even know about ourselves? We didn't just appear, but maybe we did and maybe dino's are not what you think they are. I don't know, but I'm trying....

Peace to you

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sikmike620

It would explain why the Pharos are so large compared to the workers. Maybe myths actually hold some water to them. We can't think that everything they wrote about was as scared superstitious people. I would hope we could give them more credit then that.

I mean, we couldn't build the pyramid of Kufu. I would find it a little crazy to think they were so primitive.

People don't do things without reason, especially a project like that. If they had a reason, it was a good one.

Thanks for you words...appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The most important point that I wanted to address Mr. Creighton is the positions of the pyramids on a smaller earth and there relations to the stars.

I am no good at math, but in the video you see that africa was much lower then it is now, therefore placing the Pyramids at Giza in a different orientation then is current, IF any of this is even close to being correct.

I was hoping you might view the video and at least give your thoughts...

I thank you for your time sir,

Letthereaderunderstand

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Yeah I was just throwing examples out you know? dinos, people, fish, whatever heh. I do agree with your point about giving our ancients credit. They were not that dumb as modern historians seem to predict, I think they're selling them short. Probably more freethinking than current people today.

I didn't watch video but if Africa was lower it may explain its past geography. Egypt was an OASIS, and now, a dry desert. Perhaps because it was lower on the equator it was the reason for the climate. I haven't found any real explanation yet for whatever cataclysm or change occured to our planet 10,000-15,000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yeah I was just throwing examples out you know? dinos, people, fish, whatever heh. I do agree with your point about giving our ancients credit. They were not that dumb as modern historians seem to predict, I think they're selling them short. Probably more freethinking than current people today.

I didn't watch video but if Africa was lower it may explain its past geography. Egypt was an OASIS, and now, a dry desert. Perhaps because it was lower on the equator it was the reason for the climate. I haven't found any real explanation yet for whatever cataclysm or change occured to our planet 10,000-15,000 years ago.

I thank you sincerely.

The vid is really short, it just gives you an idea of how first and most importantly, the pacific fitting together. It would of placed Australia at california as well as antartica by baja. I think it really makes sense, the only thing is, that for the pyramids to work in this theory, the break up of the continents would of had to of been sudden and catastropic.

I believe this could be the case only because of the stories we count as myths. There are to many world wide to say it is a myth, plus we will of figured out how all the stories were similar...they all came from one source. Indians (american) never came over a land bridge and people could of been anywhere on a planet 1/3rd the size it is now.

Water and all that, I don't know, but the growing earth only makes sense, because it would actually go along with the rest of life here. Start small and grow to a max point...

Thanks again.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Exactly. I know these are the ark's of Noah. I have no doubt. The names were over groups of people not individuals.

Byrd will ask about the dove if it is the ark. Byrd I count Horus as the dove and Set as the Raven...

No one lived in the flood. If people read the bible it says, "The end of ALL flesh has come before me"

The only thing that is kept alive after something like that, is the spirit. The spirit of the truth movement. The spirit of the Game. the spirit of Noah better said "Rest".

Rest found grace in the eyes of the lord is what the scripture says, but it is called noah in english. It sucks because people are totally lost, because the don't know the meanings behind the names/

To be honest, I think we are headed for another flood when the world tips at 7 billion..."and I saw a beast rising up from the sea having 7 heads and 10 horns with a diadem on each horn"...a thought anyway.

Thanks again friend,

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i've heard of this a couple of times but never saw that video. it does seem to have a practicality about it. there are a few questions i have though.

first, where did all the water come from? if it came from space then shouldn't the moon have water on it too?

secondly, has the moon been growing also?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
No one lived in the flood. If people read the bible it says, "The end of ALL flesh has come before me"

I believe this could be the case only because of the stories we count as myths. There are to many world wide to say it is a myth, plus we will of figured out how all the stories were similar...they all came from one source.

OK so how do we get the "Myths" or "Stories" IF everybody died?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I believe this could be the case only because of the stories we count as myths. There are to many world wide to say it is a myth, plus we will of figured out how all the stories were similar...they all came from one source.

OK so how do we get the "Myths" or "Stories" IF everybody died?

That is a good question my friend and probably goes along with "how do we know that dinosaurs were dinosaurs when not one is alive and how do we know evolutions true if no one was around to watch men transform from monkeys?" The myths we have, many of them are written in stone. As far as the biblical stories go, even though it's a lame excuse, weren't written about at the time of the "great flood", but century's if not millenniums later.

I had pointed out in another thread that we don't even know what accurately happened a year ago, let alone thousands and millions of years ago. We are grasping at thin air at best, but more like imagination.

Have you ever seen that dave chappel movie, the one with Jim Brewer where they play stoners in the movie? There is a seen when the dog "Killer" gets killed and they are trying to figure out how killer died...It's really, REALLY funny. If you have, that is kind of how I see historians constructing our past.

Peace

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The water could have been underground all along to be honest. underground oceans, its possible.

i also agree that our ancient ancient ancestors were alot smarter then we give them credit for. I think we kill ourselves or have a natural disaster every 10,000 years or so.

-------

this is off topic, but if you think the sphinx is only 4000 years old max, your an idiot.

1. the body is a lion, perfectly shaped, the head is not a lion.

2. the head is too small for the body (look at any egyptian sculpture, even hand held charms - perfect proportions)

3. you dont take a project on this large, to have the body the size of a transport truck and the head the size of a basketball (analogy)

4. the body has 100x the amount of erosion compared to the head.

5. the body has water dmg, the head does not.

6. 10-15,000 years ago the sphinx would have been pointing at the constellation leo as it came over the horizon. didnt know there was a human head on a leo.

7. stil counting dunno why, if you do a little research and not listen to the "facts" and put it together for yourself. you'll see that the sphinx is atleast estimated 15,000 years old.

8. man was thought to have only created fire 20,000 (i could be wrong) years ago. so they built the sphinx w/o knowing how to start a fire... hmm.. ok..

9. we are alot older then everyone thinks. id say 10,000 years ago was the last great KA-BOOM, hopefully we are due for another.

10. you want something to last - build it in stone.
metals - oxidize
plastics - deteriorate
wood - same thing
glass - turns to sand
hell NYC left unattended wouldnt exist in 500 years. now give it 10,000 and see if you can find a peice of it.

with the technology we have today, if we wanted to leave a msg for the future (if impending doom) how do we do it? yup - build that mother outta stone. and point it at a constellation so the future us can date it.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 30 Seconds

Hence, the Georgia Guide Stones.

I agree with you. I know it's weird, but I believe the earth grows with the population of earth. I think 7 Billion is the number. 7 is the magic number to the ancients who observed the times and the movements of people.

Maybe that's what the ancient calenders are. Not months and years, but lifetimes of people, the rate of growth and its rest time. Perhaps that's the hint in a thousand years are as a day and a day as a thousand years. They are to us, to look in the stone is to see thousands of years in a day.

On the guide stones it says, 5,000,000 in perpetual harmony with the earth. Kinda freaky.

Something else that is should be noted, is that he planet is about 2/3 smaller, if that video is correct, which is the same volume of water to earth and would answer some axis tilt questions.

Peace

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Heloo L.T.R.U,

LTRU: Have you heard of the Growing Earth Theory?

SC: Yes, I have seen this hypothesis some time ago. Alas, as to its veracity I am afraid I cannot comment since it is beyond my feild of study. Very interesting though.

Best,

Scott Creighton

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Heloo L.T.R.U,

LTRU: Have you heard of the Growing Earth Theory?

SC: Yes, I have seen this hypothesis some time ago. Alas, as to its veracity I am afraid I cannot comment since it is beyond my feild of study. Very interesting though.

Best,

Scott Creighton

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The best explanation I have ever seen regarding the Pyramids, as well as Stonehenge and other similar places was a documentary called The Code by Carl Munck.

I am unsure how available it is, but take a look for it since it was fascinating.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas_Shadybrook

Actually...studies have proven that in ancient times there was more oxygen in the air/atmosphere, which in turn resulted in much bigger life forms. As the oxygen levels diminished, so did the size of the lifeforms. (Dinosaurs, etc)

More details: www.physorg.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join