It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity superior to other faiths for very specific reasons. Awaken to true FREEDOM..!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: burritocat
Yeah they are annoying. But on a scale of "cool to be around" to "will kill you" they are at "will bore/nag you to death with bs" if you know what I mean.

Edit: Also sorry for your uncle. Hope he goes back his old self whether using religion to find his way or not.
edit on 12-5-2024 by jofafot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

You believe what you will. I'll not try to convince you.

Matthew 10:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 10:12-15 The Message (MSG)
“When you knock on a door, be courteous in your greeting. If they welcome you, be gentle in your conversation. If they don’t welcome you, quietly withdraw. Don’t make a scene. Shrug your shoulders and be on your way. You can be sure that on Judgment Day they’ll be mighty sorry—but it’s no concern of yours now.

Do you not wonder why the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah is being referenced in the New Testament over 2000 years after it supposedly happened? Think about that.
edit on 12-5-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: charlest2
a reply to: nugget1

Matthew 7:13-14 New American Standard Bible - NASB 1995 (NASB1995)
“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

And every religious sect/cult/orginization will tell you they're the only one who can get you through the gate.

I wouldn't climb a ladder to enter a secluded place that denies the majority. NDEs don't really point to exclusivity do they?

"Woe onto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites..." Just saying, what's changed? It's my understanding the gates should be open for everyone with the desire who don't give in to the wrong choices. Right and wrong is a highly debatable topic.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
The truth is, demons exist.

TRUE! Don't ever doubt that.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Seems to me that asserting the superiority of one religion over others is a personal stance shaped by your beliefs and theological interpretations.

Ultimately, the value of any religion lies not in its perceived superiority.

But in its ability to inspire individuals to lead lives of compassion, and integrity.

Regardless of their faith and tradition.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
And you lost with me with: "Now I get that the thread title is a little inflammatory, and I fully expect the usual suspects who relish trying to destroy the credibility of the Way, or Christianity as it became known early in its two thousand year history."

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

The need to assert your church as the one superior authority over all other metaphysical authorities, is what crosses the line from spiritual wisdom to dogma and cult behaviors. It's extremely off putting, no one of any expertise is going to say "I'm the best" because that's not authority, that's EGO and any informed audience will immediately pick up on it.

And you hit the nail on the head.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jofafot
Yeah they are annoying. But on a scale of "cool to be around" to "will kill you" they are at "will bore/nag you to death with bs" if you know what I mean.

Edit: Also sorry for your uncle. Hope he goes back his old self whether using religion to find his way or not.

Oh, if you mean like Muslims being violent today, then yeah Islam in that regard is worse. However, the only reason Christianity is not currently as bad as Islam is because it has been been overcome and reduced in power severely. It has had its teeth pulled, so it cant hurt people like they used to. If we lived 600 years ago, it would be very different, and Christianity would be killing you for apostasy and unbelief, or even a different belief. Look how Christians slaughtered each other just for believing in different versions of Christianity.

Christianity and Islam are alot like to big lions. One is intact, and one has had its teeth and claws pulled. The intact one is Islam, and one who had his teeth and claws pulled Christianity. The intact one is certainly alot more dangerous, although the toothless one is still somewhat dangerous just due to his size and physical power but he has still been reduced in threat. However if you gave him back his teeth and claws, hed be as dangerous as the other one.

And using the example of lions is deliberate. Lions are predators, and Christianity and Islam are the most predatory religions on the planet.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It is very rare I agree with someone 100%. Most of the time there are points I agree with and disagree with but this message is among very rare ones.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The support Vlad the Impaler got from Christians... I needn't say anymore really.

I totally agree with you but the OP wouldn't, zealotry is a backwards pass time that's absolutely backwards and has no place in the 21st century. It didn't even have a place in the last one either.

That said, there's genuinely good humans in all walks of faith including the abrahamic faiths. It's genuinely sad a few bad apples can ruin the bunch in the minds of men so to speak. Genuinely sad. I wouldn't discount people of any faith because of them.

Genuine pacifists are some of the strongest people around, can you imagine how hard it must be to adhere to non violence when people around are more than willing to be evil because "beliefs"?

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

The support Vlad the Impaler got from Christians... I needn't say anymore really.

I totally agree with you but the OP wouldn't, zealotry is a backwards pass time that's absolutely backwards and has no place in the 21st century. It didn't even have a place in the last one either.

That said, there's genuinely good humans in all walks of faith including the abrahamic faiths. It's genuinely sad a few bad apples can ruin the bunch in the minds of men so to speak. Genuinely sad. I wouldn't discount people of any faith because of them.

Genuine pacifists are some of the strongest people around, can you imagine how hard it must be to adhere to non violence when people around are more than willing to be evil because "beliefs"?

Yes, I greatly respect people committed to peace and non violence, because it takes alot of personal courage and conviction to choose a position that puts your life and safety at risk, as well as being mocked, ridiculed, and bullied by people in society. People say it takes alot of bravery to go to war and fight, but I think it takes even more bravery to refuse to partake and stay firm in ones pacificst beliefs.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   

edit on 5/13/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

NDEs don't really point to exclusivity do they?

They do not!

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

NDEs don't really point to exclusivity do they?

A whole other topic ... an interesting one!

NDEs happen to everyone around the globe.

I read that the vast majority of NDEs are 'the void'. 'Nothingness'.
That surprised me.

The classic seeing the light and the tunnel and dead people happen
to people of different religious backgrounds.
Experiencing God and a loving light and a life review also
happens to people of different religious backgrounds.

But then throw in D M T and chemicals the body makes for
a dying brain and the possibility of hallucinations ...

It's so convoluted ... but a great topic to discuss.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Organized religion is about one thing and one thing alone. CONTROL. It was this way when religion started, it is still true to this day. More and more people are seeing this fact and running away from organized religion. It's interesting that you posted this two days ago and have not been back to the thread once.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jofafot

I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for this thread.

When I created it I was thinking in terms of the superiority of the culture of Christendom in terms of providing the bedrock for advancement of the civilisation which followed in the pathway of the faith over the past two thousand years. I had some really specific points which I felt were sure to demonstrate that culturally speaking, Christianity provides the superior pathway in terms of how a human civilisation can progress, when compared to Islamic culture, or Buddhist culture, or Hindu culture, etc.

As a Christian I do believe that Christ is the gateway to Heaven, and none can enter Heaven except through Him; however, that doesn't mean that only Christians can enter Heaven, and of course Christ's mercy extends to all peoples of all cultures & religious faiths, or those with no faith. But there is an element which must be present - which is the heart upon which God has written His laws. A heart which believes in justice, mercy & humility before God. That heart can be found in a Buddhist, a Hindu, a Sikh or a Taoist, and indeed there is much wisdom to be found in all other religious paths (along with a lot of error).

The problem with this thread is that I didn't present clearly enough my concept of cultural superiority by virtue of civilisational progress as the justification for that claim - that in practical terms, Christianity is the superior cultural pathway. And I didn't head in the correct direction when revealing how the religious faith of Christianity has an incredibly positive impact on the person who bears the faith, in terms of emotional, psychological & spiritual health. I went down the wrong track & with the benefit of hindsight shouldn't have bothered introducing the concept of the demonic hierarchy - which, even though true, is not a suitable entry point into a discussion of the faith.

So although I stand by most of what I wrote in the OP, it was lacking in a massive amount of context, and the perspective lens through which the OP was delivered was skewed as a result.

Please don't hang my error around the neck of Christ Himself - be open to the conversation about the Christian faith & its great virtues, don't take this wonky thread as any sort of justification for rejecting that path, please. I wrote it on a whim, with a few ideas churning around my mind, when I was very over-tired, and the results were plainly off-key.

Thanks for reading this post - please understand that I realise I made big mistakes with this OP, please give me a chance in the future to correct my errors & deliver a better presentation of the Gospel message & its myriad, infinite benefits.

Thanks,

FITO.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Christendom in terms of providing the bedrock for advancement of the civilisation which followed in the pathway of the faith over the past two thousand years.

I don't agree with this. Muslims, jews, buddhists, atheists etc are equally if not more involved in advancements of mankind.

As a Christian I do believe that Christ is the gateway to Heaven, and none can enter Heaven except through Him; however, that doesn't mean that only Christians can enter Heaven, and of course Christ's mercy extends to all peoples of all cultures & religious faiths, or those with no faith. But there is an element which must be present - which is the heart upon which God has written His laws. A heart which believes in justice, mercy & humility before God. That heart can be found in a Buddhist, a Hindu, a Sikh or a Taoist, and indeed there is much wisdom to be found in all other religious paths (along with a lot of error).

Fair enough.

Overall I don't find christianity or any other religions/beliefs superior in any way. To claim christianity or any other is superior would not be truthful as there is no objective way to prove it. If you look hard enough you can see worst points in every religion/belief. If you look hard enough you can see best points in every religion/belief. What you'll see depends on what you are looking for. If you want to prove one is superior to others you'll only see evidences that support your claim. Hence that's why I believe there is no objective way to prove it. I also believe everyone given chance is capable of contributing to advancement of humanity regardless of their beliefs.
edit on 13-5-2024 by jofafot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The support Vlad the Impaler got from Christians...

They may have been supporting the fact that he was helping hold back the Ottoman invasion of Europe. It may have been despite the cruelty not because of it.

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat
Oh, if you mean like Muslims being violent today, then yeah Islam in that regard is worse. However, the only reason Christianity is not currently as bad as Islam is because it has been been overcome and reduced in power severely. It has had its teeth pulled, so it cant hurt people like they used to.

You're mixed up. Christianity is a good thing to have. Those in power formerly obtained more power by withholding access to it.

Doing so has become more difficult, so it is more difficult to obtain power by withholding access to it.

edit on 13-5-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are 3 things missing form your OP

1: Proof their is a god
2: The number of human beings killed in the name of your god or gods of others
3: The entire premise of god is a fairy tale.

Thats all i need to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join