It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'Uniparty' officially throws Christians to the lions...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yes, that's it, they did it. Christianity is now illegal in the United States.

"What?" I hear you say?

Well, the 'Antisemitism Awareness Act' was passed with the traditional "broad bipartisan support" shown to 'important' acts in the national interest as various Conservatives "crossed the aisle in solidarity with Democrats on this crucial blah blah blah...."

You all are probably aware that this bill has been passed in the wake of the pro-Palestine protests sweeping across the nation on college campuses from coast to coast, and indeed the whole point of it at first glance is that it provides teeth with which to chomp down on those antisemitic protest leaders (and the many useful idiots who express equally disturbing views). But what we mustn't fail to observe here is that one consequence of the bill, whether intended or not, is to criminalise the preaching of the Gospel message upon which Christianity, and dare I say it, all of Western civilisation (Christendom) was built...

That is precisely because the language used in the bill which is used to define antisemitism, includes a portion stating that it is antisemitic to claim that Jews killed Jesus.

Excuse me?

If the Jews didn't kill Jesus, then who did? The Romans didn't do it, because according to tradition, the Roman governor, Pontius Pilate, literally washed his hands of the matter. That's where the very expression "He washed his hands of the matter" comes from! It is a matter of tradition & scripture, and indeed history from some accounts (Josephus?) that the Jews were the ones who called for His execution:

When Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but that instead a riot was breaking out, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd. “I am innocent of this man’s blood,” he said. “You bear the responsibility.” All the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!” So Pilate released Barabbas to them. But he had Jesus flogged, and handed Him over to be crucified.…

Matthew 27: 24-26

But it isn't really anything controversial when you consider that Jesus Himself was a Jew by birth & tradition, and His ministry was primarily aimed at preaching to the Jewish nation:

Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the district of Tyre and Sidon. And a Canaanite woman from that region came to Him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is miserably possessed by a demon.”

But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Matthew 15: 21-24

Later in the scripture Jesus does indeed grant the Canaanite woman the miracle she had sought, though He tests her beforehand & exemplifies the point - that His ministry whilst on the Earth was intended only for the House of Israel - the Jews. Later, the Apostles would preach the Gospel "to the ends of the Earth", but His focus was on calling the Jews to the New Covenant. And unfortunately, some amongst the Jewish people ganged together & demanded that He be executed.

Whether or not you believe in the divine plan of salvation, the fact of the matter is that Jesus believed He was sent to minister to the Jews, and to a large extent, they rejected Him, and due to the influence of highly authoritative Jewish leaders, with one voice they had Him crucified by the Romans.

But now, in the USA, it is illegal to say that.

Really? Is that where we are in History right now?

Whether or not this antisemitism bill was intended as a sneaky measure to outlaw the pro-Palestine protests (protests I personally do not agree with), the fact is that this Bill could be used to justify serious legal aggression against Christians, whether ministers or lay ministers, even lay members of the congregation could be legally attacked on the basis of the substantive language of the Bill, that it is unlawful to state that Jews killed Jesus. Even though it is categorically & fundamentally correct to say that Jesus was indeed killed at the behest of the Jewish authorities of His time.

Certainly there's room for sensitivity when stating that truth - it is inappropriate to just blurt out "The Jews killed Jesus!" However, if we are being told that we are no longer allowed to simply quote the Bible on the matter, then there is room for serious, serious error. There are several places in Scripture in which it is made clear that Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus, such as the following from the Book of Acts of the Apostles:

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers and elders of the people [of Israel]..! If we are being examined today about a kind service to a man who was lame, to determine how he was healed, then let this be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. This Jesus is

‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the cornerstone.’

Salvation exists in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

Acts 4: 8-12

The thing is, the Gospel is not about who killed the Lord, but who raised Him from the dead. God took what was a terrible tragedy of the rejection of the King of Kings by many of His own people, and raised Him from death to glorious Life, ultimately to an ascension which had never before been witnessed, the meaning of which would echo down the generations that followed for thousands of years. Salvation is the chance to live anew, even beyond death, no matter what one's former life had been, it is possible to be reborn, with a new heart & new purpose.

If devious schemers take the Antisemitism Awareness Act and utilise its specific wording to undermine people who are professing their Christian faith, simply by quoting portions of scripture that have existed as revealed truth for thousands of years - then we are heading down a dark path, in which religious beliefs can be dissected as supposedly hateful semiotics & have value judgments railed against them, when no specific harm was ever meant by the speaker (no legitimate Christian minister ever intended for Jews be judged harshly simply because SOME Jews brought about the execution of Jesus).

Christians are at risk of censorship & 'lawfare' persecution here, as a direct result of legislation intended to protect Jews from persecution (& to censor Muslims).

What a dilly of a pickle.

It's going to take some interesting legal shenanigans to have the Christian's right to free speech, including the right to quote the Bible, enshrined appropriately. Perhaps TPTB are more than content to have the Christian's right to quote the Bible curtailed...? It may be the start of a very slippery slope.

Thanks,

FITO.

NB - for those who don't know, 'lawfare' is the use of specific legislation as a foundation for aggressive legal persecution of a person targeted by the authorities.

edit on MayFriday2415CDT03America/Chicago-050052 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   
There was another thread I saw about this recently. So you approve of this act when it is used to bite down on people you disagree with, but complain about it when it also supposedly discriminates against you? You are really shocked the rabid dog you are ok to release on your enemies has now turned around and bit you too? tsk tsk.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Despite the governors 'politicking' (probably to appease his wife), Jesus was specifically tortured and killed by officers of the Roman government. The details are clear in 4 different eyewitness accounts, and several secular histories.

edit on 2024-05-10T16:18:39-05:0004Fri, 10 May 2024 16:18:39 -050005pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Glenn Greenwald has an excellent take on this. I really appreciate his view since he’s Jewish and practiced as a constitutional and civil rights lawyer. He’s also put his neck out on the line in helping break the Snowden story once he became a journalist.

He’s staunchly against the bill, pointing out that it’s the first of its kind and gives preferential treatment to a hyper small minority at the cost of everyone’s right to speech.

The bill doesn’t just say you can’t accuse Jews of killing Jesus, but it also says you can’t accuse someone with dual citizenship of having more allegiance to Israel than America. You can do that with any other citizen. You could even say an American with no other citizenship who’s Catholic is more loyal to the Vatican. You can’t compare what Israel is doing in Palestine to Nazis. Yet I could say my own government is Nazis.

The bill in itself is anti American. It gives preferential treatment to another government above our own.

edit on 10-5-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'd like to comment further on this issue but I'm currently fighting the Federal Agents in the process of storming my house and trying to confiscate my Bibles.

I'll get back to you.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Biden won't sign it, he hates Israel.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burritocat

Are you mad? Where did I say I condone any action against anyone? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit it would seem. Just because I don't agree with the Palestinians doesn't mean I want them to be censored. I am a free speech absolutist.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Excellent post, thank you. You're right, the bill crosses many red lines & is unprecedented in its scope & selectivity about the preferential rights of a minority versus everyone else. And indeed Glenn Greenwald is an excellent source for educated, incise opinion on the matter. Thanks again.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yawn. They wouldn't have done it if the Jewish leaders hadn't called for it.

What you're saying is that the machinery of the Roman government was heavy & once cranked into motion, couldn't be stopped. But it could have been stopped, the governor called for it to be stopped, and except for the actions of the Jewish leaders, it would have been stopped. The governor's wife advised him to stop it, but he was a weak human like the rest of us & bowed to the pressure exerted by the Jewish leaders, afraid that they would foment revolution.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'd like to comment further on this issue but I'm currently fighting the Federal Agents in the process of storming my house and trying to confiscate my Bibles.

I'll get back to you.

Easter is canceled.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

What you're saying is that the machinery of the Roman government was heavy & once cranked into motion, couldn't be stopped. But it could have been stopped, the governor called for it to be stopped, and except for the actions of the Jewish leaders, it would have been stopped. The governor's wife advised him to stop it, but he was a weak human like the rest of us & bowed to the pressure exerted by the Jewish leaders, afraid that they would foment revolution.

Jesus also said: "Salvation is of the Jews" John 4:22.

In that regard, the Bible is clearly not showing an antisemitic bias. It is a set of documents from semitic sources. As such it would be invalid and counter to its message to use the Bible as a basis for vilifying semitic peoples.

The truth is that the death of Jesus was God's plan well before anyone had taken up the cry. Before Jesus even had disciples and followers, John the Baptist said of Him, "Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world".

It was both inevitable and necessary and not a single follower in 'The Way' would have salvation without it.

So, do we get all 'hatey' against God, then?

Clearly, it was our own individual sin which killed Jesus. If there had been some other way to deal with the consequence of our sin, then Jesus would not have had to die.

To vilify the Jews for Jesus' death is to put all blame on them alone. That isn't the message of the 'good news' because such does not save us in the slightest.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".

edit on 2024-05-10T18:35:53-05:0006Fri, 10 May 2024 18:35:53 -050005pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Pontius Pilate was the only person with the legal authority under Rome to execute Jesus. Even Herod did not have the authority for that, and passed Jesus back to Pilate for trial.

Pilate 'play-acted' one thing for the crowd, and then did the exact opposite.

If an officer of the law found Jesus innocent, then he should not have passed sentence.

Pilate is not free of blame. He directed the torture and execution of someone he found innocent.

edit on 2024-05-10T18:36:51-05:0006Fri, 10 May 2024 18:36:51 -050005pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

But what we mustn't fail to observe here is that one consequence of the bill, whether intended or not, is to criminalise the preaching of the Gospel message upon which Christianity, and dare I say it, all of Western civilisation (Christendom) was built...

You mean that I won't have to wake up to crazy people knocking on my door on a Saturday trying to shove Religion down my throat?

Who do I send money to so that they will vote for this?

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The Old Testament also says that Abraham’s first born son would father a great nation. His first born was a bastard child who was half Arab Ismael. Sarah had originally convinced Abraham to have a child with the maid fearing she was herself past fertility… but upon the child’s birth she was filled with jealousy and cast Ishmael and his mother out to the desert where God provided shade and food. Islam claims their lineage to Abraham through Ishmael.

The Bible also implies you have to accept Jesus as lord to get into heaven while also saying Jews are chosen and implying God is omnipotent. So Ishmael was a known quantity and part of the plan.

I myself am not religious (not necessarily atheist), but all three Abrahamic religions’ texts seem to acknowledge and validate each other.

Though, people tend to only point to these aspects when it’s convenient.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don’t see the need for alarm. I mean the bill is obviously in blatant violation of the first amendment and in the event Biden does sign it, it’ll be challenged in the courts immediately and rightfully declared unconstitutional.

It does however confirm the entrenched position Israel has over the US government. Seems like a huge misfire given the current political climate.

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not a great nation but rather just a nation.

Genesis 16:11-12
New International Version
11 The angel of the Lord also said to her:
“You are now pregnant
and you will give birth to a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,[a]
for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone’s hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
toward all his brothers.”

Genesis 21:12-13
New International Version
12 But God said to him, “Do not be so distressed about the boy and your slave woman. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring[a] will be reckoned. 13 I will make the son of the slave into a nation also, because he is your offspring.”

In those days and times, a nation was more akin to a clan than what we consider a nation today.
edit on 10-5-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2024 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I'll get back to you.

Easter is canceled.

Not Cancelled.

But everyone is going to have to take an awareness workshop and children will have an assembly on how Christianity systematically corrupted pagan holidays.

They will instill that most pagan sabbats were transculturated into seasonal celebrations scrubbed of their original affiliation. Like how Imbolc became symbolized by a mid-winter Pennsylvanian rodent.

It be exactly like CRT, and could even share the acronym. Everyone will be forced to learn how Christian cultural dominance oppressed and corrupted other religions in an attempt to supercede them.

It won't go over that well.
edit on 10-5-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

He’s staunchly against the bill, pointing out that it’s the first of its kind and gives preferential treatment to a hyper small minority at the cost of everyone’s right to speech.

Nothing new there. There are already pockets where they are doing this in favor of all kinds of deviants and perverts.

Thoughtcrime is a very real phenomenon in the USSA.

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

in the event Biden does sign it, it’ll be challenged in the courts immediately

By whom? The uniparty RINO's that haven't challenged any of the bills Biden signed already that should have been challenged? And who will stop Biden if it is challenged? The SCOTUS?

That's not how a dictatorship works.....

posted on May, 11 2024 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I believe they're ultimate goal is to either blame everything on Christians or make most religions illegal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join