It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Unhealthiest Sodas On The Market

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
From what I found, yoohoo would have 60.6 grams of sugar in a 20 oz serving.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Pepsi eating out
Ice Tea @ home

fake juice in the am. too much sugar, I know...

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   

because consistently sipping on soft drinks has been linked to weight gain and increased risk of diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

Not to mention obliterating your teeth.

Enough time in the chair and enough dollars to our already-wealthy dentist got me to change. While I'll still splurge with a couple on the list, now it's mostly tea and iced tea.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thank goodness Cheerwine isn’t on the list!

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If it has high fructose corn syrup I won't touch it. The wife and I stopped everything with HFC about 4 years ago. I lost 30 pounds and she lost about the same. We just wanted to live healthier so we could be around together. We both weigh what we did in 1989...that's a very good thing
No processed foods, we do meal prep twice a month. Lots of stews & soups.
Ever wonder how so many things that are banned in other countries are allowed in America? Look up "GRAS" Generally Recognized As Safe. It has gotten so much worse over the past couple decades. Sorry, a sore spot for me.

GRAS

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I'm surprised Yoo Hoo isn't on the list. .

This is just a soda list ... and YooHoo has 25g of sugar so if you want to compare the sugar, it's much lower.

Woo Hoo!

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: VictorVonDoom
From what I found, yoohoo would have 60.6 grams of sugar in a 20 oz serving.

Do'h!

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

If it has high fructose corn syrup I won't touch it.

I trademarked the term ‘High Fructose Corn Cancer’ over a decade ago.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
And don't forget you get other problems with constant soda consumption. Like it causes knee arthritis.

link

And the diet stuff seems to do it too.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 08:35 PM
link   
All the sodas on the list should start with the word "diet". Aspartame gives you cancer.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I like to know how that compares with the 15 unhealthiest beers.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: stosh64

I trademarked the term ‘High Fructose Corn Cancer’ over a decade ago.

Cancer sure does have a sweet tooth. ☠️

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I very partial to "Fizzy Lifting Drinks" lol.

Joking aside, I haven't had a soda in years. Can't remember the last one I had. However, when the chugging was good, I gravitated towards anything Henry Weinhard's with not a single regret.

Fantastic stuff. I really miss it.
www.henryweinhards.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Mountain Dew was on the list a few times for being in the top unhealthiest sodas. But apparently you can now make Mountain Dew Wine! Yep ... read at the link ...

NY Post - Mountain Dew Wine

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage
Rarely drink a soda unless there is nothing else to drink too much sodium, which is far worse than the sugar and hidden.

Ummm... not even remotely close to true,,,

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
If I drink any sodas I would feel like dog crap, especially any diet sodas. I was getting these weird heart beats and found out it’s from diet soda, I quit drinking sodas a few years ago. No more weird heart beats.

Coffee in the morning, and water the rest of the day. Maybe some 100% Beet juice every now and then to change things up.

Water is best of course, but f you like beet juice, learn how o make beet kvass (a fermented drink made from beets), it is amazing, ands has far less sugar than just juice since the sugar is converted into lactic and other organic acids during the fermentation process.

There are lots of directions for making it online, all are pretty much fine with one exception - most ill tell you to start drinking it after just a few days, but it is only just getting started at that point, we ferment our for at least 6 weeks.

This is likely the healthiest drink in the world, as beets are loaded with natural nitrates that are easily converted into NO nitric oxide).

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

HFCS being much worse than sugar is a myth. HFCS only has slightly higher amount of fructose that regular table sugar, meaning, it is only slightly worse.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Cant drink Cola - Coca Cola, Pepsi, etc

The phosphoric acid in it combines with minerals in body and causes kidney stones, which are gawd awful painful

Spent 2 days in hospital couple years back having to be get them removed as blocking the urinary duct

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
The phosphoric acid in it combines with minerals in body and causes kidney stones, which are gawd awful painful

Yeah, I used to drink a lot of coffee and diet pepsi. Had a kidney stone around 2008. WORST PAIN EVER. I swore off coffee and pepsi - both of which cause kidneystones. Haven't had one since. Hope I never get another one.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I like a Coke every now and then. One of my favs is called Ting. It's a grapefruit soda from Jamaica. Lucky for me it's hard to come by otherwise I'd be drinking a lot of it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join