It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Superstition of Full Moons Filling Hospitals Turns Out To Be True!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this ...

There is an old superstition that hospitals see massive upticks in patients coming in on full moons and that cops and police stations have increased activity. Anecdotal evidence says this is true. Multiple studies also now say that it's true. Read the article. The comments section was interesting as well.

BTW ... May 23, the day ATS may go 'lights out' is a full moon. The name of that full moon is the Flower Moon and it's scheduled to go totally full at 9:53 a.m. EST USA. Will the full moon effect TEOTWAWKI for ATS?? Will everyone go primal? I guess we'll see.

Doctors Weigh In on Full Moon/Full Hospital Superstition

During his many years in AC, Becher specifically saw patient volumes increase and noticed people with chronic problems tend to come in “out of the blue” on full moon nights as well.

“A significant portion of that increased volume are abnormal situations that you don’t see every day. A lot of emotional problems, a lot of psychiatric problems.” After all, the word “lunatic” derives from the Latin for “moonstruck.”

In 2007, a police department in Brighton, England would bring in extra officers on full moon eves due to an uptick in aggressive behavior. A research paper from 2011 also found that 40% of health workers believe the moon’s phases have an impact on human behavior as well.

Recent research from February has found hospital workers use their panic buttons 9% more on nights of the full moon.

Down south, Dr. Frederic “Kip” Wenger, the former chairman of Emergency Medicine at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, has seen his fair share of hysteria while a full moon was present.

National Library of Medicine - Popular belief meets surgical reality: impact of lunar phases, Friday the 13th and zodiac signs on emergency operations and intraoperative blood loss

New Data On Aggression Emergency Departments - PRNEWWIRE

National Library of Medicine - Assessment of effects of moon phases on hospital outpatient visits: An observational national study

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Having friends and relatives that are in law enforcement, I've always known this to be true.

Some may, or may not, place bets on how "weird" things may get.

Unsurprisingly, the "naked" people calls are never as fun as they hope. LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I worked as an ambulance EMT in my late teens, and indeed, we were usually busy AF on full moon nights.

We all talked about it, and it was spooky, but I guess considering what the evidence is in this thread ... I guess we were right to be spooked, since it turns out to be real!

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ancient shadows gather near
A place haunted, don't tread here
You may be pure of heart, and pure of soul
But you'll become a wolf when the moon is full

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The Superstition of Full Moons Filling Hospitals Turns Out To Be True!

My ex, the EMR nurse, hated full moons. The East Bay became course and brutal, more so than usual.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anyone know for sure if there is any truth to the rumor that ATS might go bye bye in May? I am not interested in saving any of my posts I made, just hate surprises especially when I was warned all ready it might happen. All my life people have been saying things are possibly going to happen, and most times they don't. My wife keeps harping on me to finish the trim under the sill on two windows, I gave up telling her I was going to do it over thirty years ago now. Now I tell her that when I finish building the house I will probably die. Now she is bugging me even more...damn life insurance policies

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Anyone know for sure if there is any truth to the rumor that ATS might go bye bye in May?

The domain name ends on May 18.
If it isn't renewed, there is a five day grace period that takes us to May 23.
Then godaddy can go 'lights out' on ATS.
There is a countdown clock on the front page of DI at the bottom of the page.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Anyone know for sure if there is any truth to the rumor that ATS might go bye bye in May?

The domain name ends on May 18.
If it isn't renewed, there is a five day grace period that takes us to May 23.
Then godaddy can go 'lights out' on ATS.
There is a countdown clock on the front page of DI at the bottom of the page.

If the bill is expensive, I would wait till the last day to pay the bill if it was me. It could be true or it could just be normal business practice. It isn't like the old days, you can do it instantaneously with bank transfers, before you had to mail a check and it got delayed in the mail.

Also, this is a conspiracy site, the owners might just be giving us something to make a conspiracy about.

edit on 22-4-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   
yep full moons brings out the crazy in people.
when i was a Barracks Baby in the Corps, one of the posts we had to stand was on the front gate on navy side of the base. some wild sh@@ use to happen every full moon.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If the bill is expensive,...

How Much a GoDaddy Domain Name Costs
They cost like 20$ a year. Unless you get a 'premium name', which can cost '7 figures'. I have no idea what abovetopsecret is. If it's a regular domain name or a premium one.
edit on 4/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Oh yeah on our Ambulances and rigs. The crazies come out...and the weirdest calls..

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   

From what I've heard, they are not interested in AboveTopSecret, they want the Above Network, of which ATS is just a small piece.

www.apollo.io...

The Above Network, LLC was founded to create and manage extraordinary online communities. With its exclusive custom community platform, Above Board, The Above Network, LLC services millions of visitors every month. It's primary community, www.abovetopsecret.com..., is a legendary platform for discussion and debate of an extraordinary range of provocative topics. Content from "ATS," what it's known as, has been featured on the front page of nearly every major newspaper in the US, discussed by every network and cable news station, been featured on major network television series, referenced by NASA, and much more. Members include international celebrities, celebrated scientists and academics, presidential candidates, state governors, NASA mission commanders, journalists, and more.The proprietary technology platform, Above Board, is the most sophisticated user generated content software available anywhere. Developed in house by our CEO (who has several patents), the technology was created specifically for a high-demand community that offers a broad suite of free services to those who contribute content. With more than four million pages of content on an excess of a million topics, it's the largest and most sophisticated website of its type.The Above Network, LLC also manages disinfo.com..., another highly regarded destination for uniquely provocative topics, in a more curated and journalistic environment.

On Topic _ My Wife has been an RN for almost 30 years and dreads going to work during a full moon.
edit on 22-4-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

In India surgeons are very reluctant to operate during the full moon as bleeding seems to become a great problem. They could know something.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If you’re like me, and you assume the Moon sucks the life out of Earth, and the Sun gives it back, then the conclusion of the study comes as no surprise.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yup its true, the cops always say it's so much crazier especially on the real,y warm nights and another place that gets crazy on full moons that people might not think about is the old folks homes and the retirement homes. These places always get really lively on nights with full moons, way more then you would ever imagine

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Parasites are active during a full moon and a lot of people are riddled with them. I did a full moon cleanse and I was shocked what came out of me. My wife was an RN for 20 years before opening her own wellness center. She swore by full moons that the hospital ER was affected.

I think I was on a cellcore cleanse, which got rid of them for me. Totally mind blowing.

posted on Apr, 22 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I personally have seen this to be true. I used to live on a farm for a little while and I remember all the animals were noisier and more ornery when the full moon was out. And whenever I go out on a full moon, I notice people also act crazier and everything comes alive more. My cousin was a state patrol trooper and said full moons are when he has the weirdest and most interesting traffic stop. The full moon definitely has some sort of energy that seems to wake up life on earth and make it behave weird.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   
What is it that makes this happen?
it can not just be moon gravity.
or the solar eclipse would send people loony.

The Reflection from the moon must be the effect so how?
It is the full moon This night!
I will be looking up tonight.
and will then hunt some humans for sport.
they dont tast good. its all the toxings they eat.

edit on 23-4-2024 by Scratchpost because: demons this time.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Music to go crazy to .......

THERE'S AMOON OUT TONIGHT

www.bing.com... 06AB791651D&&FORM=VRDGAR

Doowop classic by the Capris

edit on 23-4-2024 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I did 20 years in Fire/EMS here in Florida. I screwed up about 4 years in and accidentally found out I was a good paramedic. Then I REALLY messed up and let admin figure it out too. That led to around 11 of my last 15 years riding shotgun on the busiest ambulance in the county. I say all of that to say this:

The superstition is absolutely, unequivocally, 100% fact. And it makes no sense. Most of our full moons here in NE FL are cloudy as hell. It can’t be gravity (for a lot of reasons). This is one of those weird Rupert Sheldrake-esque Morphic Resonance things that just pulls everyone into some sort of collective unconscious hive-mind that makes people behave with more vigor than usual 😁
edit on 23-4-2024 by FloridaManMatty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join