It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horizon Post office scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The people in charge aren't doing their jobs properly. Passing laws 'willy nilly' to fix things that should never of happened.

The Post Office 'Horizon' scandal, post masters and post mistresses convicted on ropey evidence....

Horizon scandal wiki link

Plenty of people from the post office and government ministers trying to protect their butts because of their 'gung ho' attitude to prosecute when really it was a dodgy computer system.....

....AND THEN, rather than fix each case one by one they pass a law to quash the convictions. Absolutely dreadful mis-carraige of justice...

Convictions Quashed detail

Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak MP, said:

I want to pay tribute to all the postmasters who have shown such courage and perseverance in their fierce campaign for justice, and to those who tragically won’t see the justice they deserve.

While I know that nothing can make up for what they’ve been through, today’s legislation marks an important step forward in finally clearing their names.

We owe it to the victims of this scandal who have had their lives and livelihoods callously torn apart, to deliver the justice they’ve fought so long and hard for, and to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.”

The money which the staff were accused of taking wound up being put on the balance sheet and went to the top brass as bonuses.

Bonus monies for the top brass of the Post Office

Before 2012, Royal Mail and the Post Office were part of the same organisation - and its three successive chief executives, John Roberts, Adam Crozier and Dame Moya Greene, made a total of £12.8m. All three of them are due to appear at Horizon Inquiry which resumes on 9 April.

Take the bonuses which certainly aren't earned, as their service is #e.....
Local delivery problems

Staff going on strike, becuase of pay disputes.....
Post office stikes detials

the public saw industrial action by postal workers as justified, compared to 32% who saw it as unjustified.[33]

...... so yeah, laws being created to fix # that should never of happened and taking money that certainly hasn't been earnt..... effin twats

I hope the people who are responsible get a criminal conviction and a stint in Strangeways fair and square in the courts.

edit on 16-4-2024 by McUrnsalso because: stuff

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: McUrnsalso
I hope the people who are responsible get a criminal conviction and a stint in Strangeways fair and square in the courts.

Courts already convicted innocent people on flimsy evidence, so can they now be relied upon to actually serve justice?

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: McUrnsalso

There’s zero confidence in the justice system these days.
My best friend was murdered- the clown who did it got 7 years.
With 2 for 1 credit he served 4 years.
Thankfully, Street justice was served and the prep is no longer with us.

Other murders in my city and province get between 5-10 years usually.

I wouldn’t expect the courts to uphold any amount of reasonable justice these days.

edit on 16-4-2024 by Macenroe1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My husband and I worked at the time for the horizon system. I was on the helpline for the post offices. He was in IT background, but nothing to do with the system in itself.

All I remember is that we were kind of told that it was the postmaster's fault, but having spoken to a few of them, they sounded convincing and made sense even then.
They were honestly pissed off big time and had kept all the evidence.

There I was stuck in the middle, agreeing with some of them, disagreeing (and probably found cold and heartless) with others.

I bet that's what happened in reality. Some were genuinely done over by the system and I believe some tried it on too.

Some of us who worked together have discussed this online. But really we were just phone monkeys.
But I was right there at that exact time. Job between jobs.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wouldn't fixing the cases one at a time take longer and extend the agony? If I was one of the victims, I think I would want it done quickly.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   

edit on 4/17/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

edit on 4/17/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I remember doing a thread many years ago under a different account about the Figitsu hospital contract the government cancelled had to pay for in full when the company never did one bit of work on the contract at all according to a insider then had to fork out another 700 million quid on top of £ 2.5 Billion ?.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Money for nothing

new topics

top topics

join