It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does my computer know

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If I am listening to an audiobook , for say an hour,and remove the earphones and do something else, the computer shuts down and goes into lock, where you have to sign in and wait for it to reconnect. It never used to happen it used to just carry on. So how does it know that you have removed yourself from it's proximity? If you think about it , it realises that it is not reacting with a human and goes into energy saving mode. But just doing nothing but looking at the screen it stays on as normal.Even listening to something on You Tube with the computer on the side table with the earplugs in it continues as normal. Something has changed.
edit on am420244America/Chicago430083024 by annonentity because: spelling

edit on am420244America/Chicago430153024 by annonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity
If I am listening to an audiobook , for say an hour,and remove the earphones and do something else, the computer shuts down and goes into lock, where you have to sign in and wait for it to reconnect. It never used to happen it used to just carry on. So how does it know that you have removed yourself from it's proximity? If you think about it , it realises that it is not reacting with a human and goes into energy saving mode. But just doing nothing but looking at the screen it stays on as normal.Even listening to something on You Tube with the computer on the side table with the earplugs in it continues as normal. Something has changed.

Sensors such as microphone, WiFi positionality, GPS, Bluetooth, accelerometer and camera can be used to identify activity, as well as mouse movements and keyboard. Also, smart devices like mobile phones and Alexa 'speakers' are usually networked and can share local data across Bluetooth, proximity wireless & LAN devices.

New services and updates to OS etc are not necessarily just functionality that the user wants.

edit on 2024-04-16T02:38:53-05:0002Tue, 16 Apr 2024 02:38:53 -050004am00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

edit on 2024-04-16T02:39:17-05:0002Tue, 16 Apr 2024 02:39:17 -050004am00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

I have tried to turn off auto lock twice, a tab popped up and said this function is disabled.This still does not explain how the computer knows that I am not listening to an audiobook, when i pull the earbuds and walk away. But continues to stream when I am listening.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Having worked in development in my youth, I've always said computers seem to have a mind of their own.

That was roughly 20 years ago.

I imagine it's only more true today, haha.

Though I tend to say crazy things these days.

Who knows!? 🤔

=P
edit on 16-4-2024 by BrotherKinsMan because: Fixed odddity

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

Check on the power management settings. Also disable all cameras, microphones, and any other technology that could be monitoring you.

Since I built my own computer I simply didn't add those devices. I'll put on a long YouTube video at night and it's still running in the morning.

edit on 4/16/2024 by ntech620 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Go into the power setting and adjust the "Choose when to turn off the display" and "Change when the computer sleeps" options to never.
edit on 16-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The tech is in the earbuds. Windows detects when the earbuds disconnect and pause the audio/video, then, Windows energy-saver settings take over.

In-ear detection

In-ear detection of TWS earphones is a technology that uses the microphones and proximity sensors in each earbud to detect when they are being worn. This allows the audio to be specifically routed to the correct earbud, providing a better listening experience for the user.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   

YouTube on pc/laptop will continue to play as it assumes the user is still watching , they got ads to plug

Depends on where your listening to audiobooks and what the settings are , some earbuds detect when they are in ear

Think your worrying about nothing myself but then again you do think we are bots in your other threads, so me answering may only add to your paranoia

Just assume it’s witch craft

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

in windows 10 the setting there will be a setting for turn hibernate, sleep, on / off if idle for such and such time, there also maybe more than one in different locations and for different users. you have to turn them off. you might have to go into your account settings to.

have you recently had a update or did this start after one after a update? sometimes i have to reset most of my preference after updates, and i have found that some have been disabled so i can't change it back.

edit on 16-4-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"Earbuds" !
what make and modle please?
maybe they have sencers in them?

did you put the earbuds in the chardger slots?

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's the earbuds. I never have liked earbuds...

My phone did a random thing the other day where it randomly turned on closed captioning for literally everything. Random people talking would appear as text on my phone. It gave me a notice hours later saying it was an automatic preference response, whatever that means. So even with all my location, Bluetooth, mic settings and everything off, it's still listening regardless...

I'm about to get a sat phone and a clamshell and pay some extra.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I'm guessing power, time for screen on, or just assuming your not reading anymore cause the clicking stopped, and it logs off.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Your best bet is the power management choice, I play games, I use an MSI gaming laptop, I have the choice to turn the laptop into gaming mode and that keeps the laptop from locking down or turning off when I am not around playing but want to keep the game on.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

I have tried to turn off auto lock twice, a tab popped up and said this function is disabled.This still does not explain how the computer knows that I am not listening to an audiobook, when i pull the earbuds and walk away. But continues to stream when I am listening.

If you are using Bluetooth earbuds, they often have pressure sensitive feedback spots that will activate certain actions on touch. This is likely what's happening.

Also, if you put them in the charging dock they will turn off, which will cause the app to pause.

:
edit on 2024 4 16 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
How does your computer know? Because it is out to GET YOU! WE ALL ARE!

Sorry, that was just a typo...how weird that it typed THAT of all things. DIE!!!!!

There it goes again!

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

you got webcam?

actually they can also use your speakers
and mic as kindof SONAR, like that batman movie
to catch the joker

your phones proximity sensor can paint a highly detailed
picture of your room also, add your phones computer and it
can make stop motion video, like GUMBY

cia got many cool tools

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Sensors such as microphone, WiFi positionality, GPS, Bluetooth, accelerometer and camera can be used to identify activity, as well as mouse movements and keyboard. Also, smart devices like mobile phones and Alexa 'speakers' are usually networked and can share local data across Bluetooth, proximity wireless & LAN devices.

New services and updates to OS etc are not necessarily just functionality that the user wants.

I was going to mention this stuff being active but I saw you already did. I do not know how to shut it off either. I do not have a camera on my desktop, and none on the monitor....I checked that before purchasing the monitor. I do not have a mic either. These things can actually still be partially active but cannot be accessed by anything but Windows unless we allow them to be used for that purpose. The info is not supposed to leave your windows system without permission. Taping the camera and the microphone is used by lots of people I know for guaranteed privacy.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

All of this and then some. When I was researching how to integrate the ICM-20948 (9 axis MEMS sensor) into my invention I learned just how much information they can obtain from high accuracy sensors that are mind bogglingly small. The IC I was working with was only 3mmx3mmx1.5mm in size and it could measure 3 axis gyro, accelerometer, and magnetometer with built in data fusion that could call signals for picking the device up, act as a pedometer, and so much more. And that was several years ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

If i am am listening to an audiobook, I put the laptop on a little side table, put the cheapo ear buds in , place the easy chair in the reclining position and enjoy the whatever audio book that I have decided to listen too, An hour or two will go by with the tale unfolding. Then I decide to get up for a break, remove the earbuds and place them either side of the computer so I can resume ,i note the time on the audio book so I can go back to where I left off.After five minutes or so when I come back to resume the session, I have to log in again as the screensaver is up with the bubbles. It must know that I am no longer listening and goes into an energy saving mode. The ear buds are not Bluetooth. It must have a proximity sensor. Or we have all been chipped into the internet of things, it is a small observation, but if the computer knows my spatial position you can bet your bottom dollar a lot of other things also have this function.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join