It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of Representatives Passes Huge Bi-Partisan Bill Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The U.S. House has passed a massive Bill by a wide bi-partisan margin.

The hard shells opposition were cracked.

They plowed through the stall efforts by opposing Members.

The Bill was debated on very slow moving terms in order to get every detail laid down.

Now it's on to The Senate and maybe The President! Senate reportedly ready to ask Biden if he approves a delay!

There's no hiding from the facts!!

😃
H.R. 2560

Final Vote Totals

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A sea turtle bill? Sounds like a fifty percent match and a maximum of one hundred fifty thousand per application.

So, what are they planning to do with that bill and how will it be massive? Did you list the right bill?

Or is this supposed to be in the Humor category?

edit on 12-4-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You use the word huge but I don't think it means what you think it means.

So, the house said the following.

And what has this to do with the border, the economy, government corruption, voter fraud, excetra and so forth? Good news for sea turtles but what about the rest of the USA?

Just doing something to say they are doing something. Not a very useful something for 99.99% of the human population.

edit on 12-4-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

how could you not have the turtle kid in a turtle thread. Well done.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You sound bored.

Meanwhile, this also happened today:

House votes to reauthorize FISA, without the warrant requirement amendment

After three failed attempts and a heated floor debate, the House voted on Friday to reauthorize a controversial program that lets US intelligence agencies spy on foreign communications without a warrant. The bill ultimately passed 273–147.

Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act is scheduled by statute to expire on April 19th, though the FISA court recently granted a government request that would have authorized the program for another year without congressional approval.

The battle over the amendments to the bill revealed some unexpected alliances in the House over privacy issues. A bipartisan coalition of progressives and members of the far-right Freedom Caucus rallied together behind an amendment to impose a warrant requirement for surveillance of Americans, but was narrowly defeated 212–212.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sea Turtle Rescue Assistance and Rehabilitation Act
Roll call...so they voted present.

We need a Natural Born American Rescue and Assistance Act, to replace hardworking people's losses financially.

The federal government has and is robbing We the People blind. If something doesn't stop soon, nothing will be left of America.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So now we can get a grant of up to 150,000 a year to rescue sea turtles?!?!? Where do I sign up? Just kidding probably have to be a marine biologist or something.

Sea turtles are cuties that sounds like a magical job till you come across the poor dead ones.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
in the grand scheme of things, a sea turtle act is a good thing. but it should have came after U.S. citizens first.
then,

edit on 12-4-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm shocked they had time.

With that "going nowhere" Joe Biden impeachment. How's that going?

And what's taking so long for the Mayorkas paperwork to be sent to the Senate? The impeachment was so dire and urgent, But they did that in FEBRUARY. I guess that was just blowing smoke. Or are they waiting for a better political moment like BORDER SECURITY?

So once again, the Republican House shows it can't govern, but it can waste all sorts of money while complaining about the debt, deficit, and the border. Got it!

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If you think that's thrilling, just wait until next week.

There's three separate bills about appliances up for debate.

Nobody can say that Johnson and the GOP don't have their priorities sorted out.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Trust me when the crap hit the fan with the factions specially the south American gangs and terrorist, we have in America already thanks to open borders and democrats we are going to need that darn FISA bill and people will be glad that is still around.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This also happened today. GAME OVER folks.

m.youtube.com...

m.youtube.com...

Anyone got a "Plan B"? 🤷🏻

edit on 12-4-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: IndieA

Trust me when the crap hit the fan with the factions specially the south American gangs and terrorist, we have in America already thanks to open borders and democrats we are going to need that darn FISA bill and people will be glad that is still around.

FISA warrants aren't needed for illegals, the Constitution doesn't protect them.

FISA warrants add a layer of protection for American citizens by requiring probable cause and a judges approval before the massive amount of data that's collected and analysed on each of us, can be accessed by federal agents.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Why are we funding Mitch McConnell's boat?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

The House is only in session for 114 days @ year. And apparently, they feel that is too many?

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
If you think that's thrilling, just wait until next week.

There's three separate bills about appliances up for debate.

Nobody can say that Johnson and the GOP don't have their priorities sorted out.

Appliances have to go through vigorous testing to see if they are allowed to come into the country. But immigrants can get in with no problem. Maybe we can call appliances illegal immigrants so they can come here easier.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind a grant to identify a trapdoor spider I discovered around here 25 years ago or that beautiful subspecies of northern black widow with the blue and orange patterns. Probably tons of other rare and unidentified creepy crawlers here about in my swamp. Hell, that fungus that got in my ear might have been a rare and endangered species that I went and killed with that script from the Doc.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   
RE: abcnews.go.com...

THINK! 💡

"Warrantless" FISA will be VERY USEFUL to Trump's DOJ/FBI/NSA.

Just 10 months before this "tool" is in the hands of MAGA White Hats.

It is Just what the Doctor Ordered! 😈 💣

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

not as useful as you might think, incumbent congress critters must be notified.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The U.S. House has passed a massive Bill by a wide bi-partisan margin.

The hard shells opposition were cracked.

They plowed through the stall efforts by opposing Members.

The Bill was debated on very slow moving terms in order to get every detail laid down.

Now it's on to The Senate and maybe The President! Senate reportedly ready to ask Biden if he approves a delay!

There's no hiding from the facts!!

😃
H.R. 2560

Final Vote Totals

Wasnt the whole reason someone got rid of intellegience services(CIA and forethingy) because it could lead to what happened in Nazi Germany with the Gestapo? Cold War someone brought it back and we are now here listening to whatever they tell us to do. This is horrible and it happened. It must be dissolved. The world is at war but no one is gonna # with the US. Our "enemies" are too calm and happy watching the US destroy itself. From politics to geopolitics, it is a pipe dream. They(US/UN elites) don't want equals, just subjects.
edit on 13-4-2024 by DrBashir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join