It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - It Happened to Me!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skinnerbot
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Both songs had a door as I recall.

? Door ?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yes Dolly had braces on the television version I have no doute. Someone did find a trace of braces on one pic but with all the utube videos out there , it really should be out there. Very strange.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone44
Yes Dolly had braces on the television version I have no doute. Someone did find a trace of braces on one pic but with all the utube videos out there , it really should be out there. Very strange.

I made fun of a girl in my class in school because of her braces and called her dolly but in a nice way which she took the wrong way , I got read the riot act by my school teacher shortly after , Yet the actress who played Dolly claims she never wore braces WTF .

That school kid with the braces is the only person in my life who I have ever met who claims she had 3 rows of teeth , yip it is a weird one that's for sure

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In my old timeline she survived...

www.bbc.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheInvisibleRedneck
Anyone ever experienced the Mandela effect? Not where you think you may remember something differently, but where you're certain something has drastically changed from how it really was?

I grew up in this area. I would visit my best friend's house after school and on the weekends starting around 1991-2. We used to go across the street from his house to an empty lot on the corner and play football or just ride bicycles & dirt bikes or just goof off. We'd always go to this specific lot because it was the only flat area around. We'd always play a neighborhood game of football there when it snowed or basically every other day in the summer.

There is no doubt it was this lot. We used to try to drive remote control cars through the creek tile running under the road at the corner of the lot. We blew up fireworks on the 4th of July on this lot.

I've driven down this road my entire life, since I was 16. I drove down this road everyday for about 10 years on my way to and from work.

I drove down this road and noticed something the other day. The corner lot has a big house on it. I did a double take, because I thought they must've built it fast in just 2-3 weeks, since I hadn't been on the road in a couple weeks.

The house looked old. The cement walkway was dirty from what looked like years of use. The asphalt driveway was dull and grey looking like it had been there a long time. The bricks looked dirty, like mud splashing up on them from rainstorms.

There is a huge barn right behind it that has always been there and a field next to it filled with cows and horses.

I looked at the property assesor website and the house has been there since 1988 👀

I cant explain it. Weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. I just can't explain it, I may need to go check myself in on a 51/50, 😂. No way I can be that wrong on decades worth of memories. Waiting on my buddy to call me back. I'm probably gonna sound like a coo-coo.

Anyone else have something from your past changed so blatantly and you can't explain it?

What specific day did this happen to you? Do you think it was on the 8th? If so, then, the dots connecting to LHC could be very much valid! 😳

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I mentioned the Billy Graham one and the Nelson Mandela one.

There are others that are widespread ...

- Is it Jif or Jiffy Peanut Butter?
People remember it both ways.

About Jiffy Peanut Butter: Washington Post wrote this on May 27, 1986, in their article "The Epic Search for the Challenger":

"CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. -- It was late Saturday afternoon, and submarine pilot Marshall Flake and rocket engineer Chuck Nighswonger were doing what they had been doing twice a day for nearly six weeks -- creeping along the murky ocean bottom in a tiny submarine, looking for space shuttle wreckage 40 miles off the Florida coast and 600 feet down.
"From Elizabeth City, N.C., came a unit of Coast Guard divers who called NASA and volunteered their services. To them fell one of the grimmer tasks -- recovering debris from the shuttle's crew compartment. More unsettling than the remains, which were not recognizable as human, were the arresting reminders of the humanity of those who died: a condiment rack from the shuttle's galley, including packets of mayonnaise and catsup; a jar ofJiffy peanut butter unbroken; a pair of jockey shorts, from the locker of one of the astronauts."

Can anyone find a scanned (or microfiche) copy of this exact issue of Washington Post, to check what really was written in the newspaper in 1986, about the peanut butter jar which was a part of the Challenger shuttle crew's belongings?

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arthurox1717

Actually, it was the morning of the 9th when I first noticed it. It had been a couple weeks since I'd driven it. The lot is on the corner on a bend in the road at the top of a small hill. You stare straight at the lot when you drive up the road. There was never a house there, now there is.

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck
same here1

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Yes there was. It's ALWAYS been that. I was in kindergarten in the early 70s. I vividly remember my teacher telling me the Bear's name, like it was STAIN on your clothes, when I asked about the book name.

People's crap memories is no place for conspiracy! Matter of fact, I remember everything as it always has been, the correct way. I also have an above average memory, going back as remembering when I was 1 and 2 years old.

a reply to: KKLOCO

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   
JIFFY was POPCORN! NOT Peanut Butter! Collective crap memory is all this Mandela effect is!!

a reply to: Doc Lithium

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   
NO. The actress and director have even stated this countless times in interviews.

a reply to: bluemooone44

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
My buddy and I went by there around 8.30pm last night. The house was never there, but now it is. He said he's gonna ask his grandma about it today and we may talk to the people who live there today or tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MauiWaui
The one Mandela effect I did figure out was The Black Eyed Peas song, "let's get it started." I remember the lyric being, and don't get offended, "let's get retarded." As in, let's let our freak colors fly, nothing about mental capacity, it was slang that was used frequently in the past.

That is not a Mandela Effect. They released that song with the lyric "Let's get r*tarded" but due to backlash the song was rereleased for radio airplay with "let's get it started". If you go to the Album version it still says "Let's get r*tarded"

youtu.be...

edit on 15-4-2024 by TheSemiskepticII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSemiskepticII

I thought so. The radio version vs the explicit version. A lot of songs have different versions like that.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is getting weird.

We talked to his grandma, she's 91 now, but she's not senile or anything, just old.

He asked her if she remembered when we used to ride our bicycles across the street and make ramps and stuff. She said yeah and recalled the story of when his footpeg broke when he jumped and he landed full force on on the cross bar between his legs. He was crying and said, "I can taste my butt". She though it was really funny. That happened in the empty lot and she agrees the lot was empty.

She talked about how his mom would yell at his dad about fireworks and made him take us to the empty lot to blow them up.

Then he asked about the neighbors in the house on the lot. She remembers them being there too. She says they'd always have cook outs in the fenced in backyard and play their music too loud back in the early 90's. She remembers when they were building the house and we're having a hard time digging a well.

She also remember us playing football over there all summer back in the 90's.

She also mentioned how the farmer would always park his tractors on the lot before and after going out into the fields.

The lot isn't massive. You can't play football on the lot and have a house there too. You simply can't put tractors on the lot as a convenience. It would be too much trouble trying to maneuver them around the house, driveway, walkway and trees.

How can she remember the lot being empty, but also a house being there too?

There is no one home at the house right now. We're gonna check with them tonight or tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheInvisibleRedneck
This is getting weird.

We talked to his grandma, she's 91 now, but she's not senile or anything, just old.

He asked her if she remembered when we used to ride our bicycles across the street and make ramps and stuff. She said yeah and recalled the story of when his footpeg broke when he jumped and he landed full force on on the cross bar between his legs. He was crying and said, "I can taste my butt". She though it was really funny. That happened in the empty lot and she agrees the lot was empty.

She talked about how his mom would yell at his dad about fireworks and made him take us to the empty lot to blow them up.

Then he asked about the neighbors in the house on the lot. She remembers them being there too. She says they'd always have cook outs in the fenced in backyard and play their music too loud back in the early 90's. She remembers when they were building the house and we're having a hard time digging a well.

She also remember us playing football over there all summer back in the 90's.

She also mentioned how the farmer would always park his tractors on the lot before and after going out into the fields.

The lot isn't massive. You can't play football on the lot and have a house there too. You simply can't put tractors on the lot as a convenience. It would be too much trouble trying to maneuver them around the house, driveway, walkway and trees.

How can she remember the lot being empty, but also a house being there too?

There is no one home at the house right now. We're gonna check with them tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Truly bizarre. I guess we live in a simulation….

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yes this is well known. That's part of the mystery. Most people around my age (62) remember braces. a reply to: inflaymes69

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm 52 and watched it many times. Never any braces.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Does anyone consider the lost thunderbird photo a Mandela Effect?.

posted on Apr, 16 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I'm 61, watched the movie once and do not even remember that scene.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join