It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Freudian slip regarding tomorrow!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:15 PM
link   
During a solar eclipse, some Indigenous groups believe it’s not just your eyes that need protecting - LINK

Some believe you should wear black if you are pregnant. Keep infants away from windows. Scientists will look out for odd behavior in animals

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

They've alerted National Guard and FEMA because millions will be concentrated in a fairly small area, many more than are usually there and there will be fights, drunks on the road, accidents, heavy traffic and all the BS to go along with it.

Humans and Chimps pretty much act the same when something strange to them happens. The run in circles, screech, flap their arms and strike out at anything available. Humans will be doing the same tomorrow.

Will there be naked people running in the streets?

If not, it would waste a good chance for some loon to be seen. Exhibitionists need little reason.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Fingers crossed. If they do, I'm sure it'll make the news.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Don't forget, they are firing up CERN tomorrow, too.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: DAVID64

They've alerted National Guard and FEMA because millions will be concentrated in a fairly small area, many more than are usually there and there will be fights, drunks on the road, accidents, heavy traffic and all the BS to go along with it.

Humans and Chimps pretty much act the same when something strange to them happens. The run in circles, screech, flap their arms and strike out at anything available. Humans will be doing the same tomorrow.

Will there be naked people running in the streets?

During the 2017 eclipse, we were parked near a strip club and the strippers came out half naked.

So, the best place to enjoy a memorable eclipse is parked in the parking lot of a strip joint?

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
Don't forget, they are firing up CERN tomorrow, too.

So, there CERNtantly going to have some seizmic activity.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm in the path of totality and in the middle of nowhere so it should be interesting.

Hopefully the local dogs are chill with it.

We've been joking Fenrir is going to swallow the sun, but he's gonna burp it back up again so don't panic!

ALL Will Be Fine.........................

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

And NASA are firing a lot of rockets too

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Thank you for Soft White Underbelly Grim Reaper Playing it now...

BOC had a local name when practicing SWU - Loved them when in Bay Area, now doomed.

I don't feel sorry for me moving from Cali Doom in 1984 but lol I did for 10 years but now realize I was ahead of the rush.

Burn baby Burn

PS If you are a grocery store and have been stolen from your retirement plan, you might have to go deeper in debt before closing your shop if the following is true! After Uni barely working two jobs plus GI Bill $329 per month to get through, I received a job from New York in California San Fran. I called on small Mom n Pops in all of the neighbourhood of doom in those days. Lorillard hired women. My territory snaked all over the city. All of the places Ladies would not go. Newports were No 29. I saw a gun and then a knife in two armed robberies. I left in 1984 and Lorillard replaced me 6 times then closed the territory due to crime and most normal people would not work. This Airborne Ranger was pleased for the job and now over 70 yrs of age really pleased as I was witnessing the starting of the end of civilization of San Francisco. I moved my Baby girl and English wife to England.

www.foxbusiness.com...

On the armed robbery I was able to id the gun man and lookout. Dan my Iowa boss was in the company car picking up trinkets that we gave retailers..... Had Dan walked in we would all have been shot. The DA 2 days before trial plea bargained the bad guys. Gunman 8 yrs lookout 5.

That would be a problem for me in 2.5 and 4 years as no crims serve full time and very easy to find a sales rep in their territory. I had to protect me from Karens and the Likes of Anne who hates those of us who served and were decorated for going out twice pulling back people who would not survive! Second time was for Russell fellow Ranger whom I had the pleasure of surviving all of our training together. I could not progress from Lorillard in the US. Russell BTW did not survived VN. My sister who works for the CDC looked him up and I have his military final resting place.

The cops who enjoyed my conversation for the willingness to testify suggested that I packed heat whilst serving my territory. Told them I was more scared of them than the Crims as I would not do well in jail for concealment and no permits were issued in those days. After the Knife attack in Hunters Point, the man with knife ended up with broken arm the police attending suggested I went to far. Had to protect my company car, stock and company Cash carried otherwise I could be suspected of a coke problem. Coke was everywhere hence the English wife lol. Every retailer had heat underneath their POS. I had to date check the tobacco so I knew everyone was armed but me.

I quit and moved. Hindsight here, they replaced me in 1984 - 85 - 6 times Six! Lorillard then closed that territory. BTW Newports was No 10 when I left, I did a good job!

Now to give up your shop that has been broken into stolen from to the brink of bankruptcy you must give 6 months notice so they can replace you....
edit on 4/8/2024 by IceHappy because: To add the article I just read

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I'm in the path of totality and in the middle of nowhere so it should be interesting.

Hopefully the local dogs are chill with it.

We've been joking Fenrir is going to swallow the sun, but he's gonna burp it back up again so don't panic!

ALL Will Be Fine.........................

The Championshop game is tonight, could "they" be trying to warn us?

Warning

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Even here in northern Canada I found it very strange that all the school kids must remain inside for the entire day and are even advised to stay homes

My wife is a teacher and was telling me this morning how all the recesses today are canceled and the school will be pretty much locked down today. There isn’t even an eclipse here……

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am in the path of totality here. The Walmart parking lot is filled with campers and people setting up cameras. Hotels are booked. Eclipse glasses are sold out. Even more crowded than expected because a lot of the path of totality, elsewhere, is supposed to be cloud covered. Some of the people that were going to watch elsewhere came here to see it instead. It will be clear here. So even more people are in this area than they were expecting.

Schools are closed. Some businesses are closed as well. Need dialysis? Tough luck. Centers are closed today. People are here from all over the world. A town of less than 20k is expecting an extra 40k I heard. That is a lot of extra people.
edit on bMonday000000America/ChicagoMon, 08 Apr 2024 08:22:01 -0500am2024-04-08T08:22:01-05:00America/ChicagoMon, 08 Apr 2024 08:22:01 -0500 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

They closed dialysis? That's insane. It's just a freak'n eclipse. I can understand having kids stay home, otherwise they'd be on the playground looking at the eclipse and burning their eyeballs out. But dialysis? This is insane ...

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes. The patient gets their treatment still because they made the patients go another day to make up for it. I guess they were worried about the extra traffic today? Not really sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Same here, 98.17% cover. But we've got heavy cloud cover all day, those who got free glasses or paid a couple buck will be spared. I can't put my trust in something that cheap lol.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I didn't see any glasses on sale anywhere here .... and I've heard that a bunch have been recalled that were for sale on the internet. So I don't know if I'd trust ANY glasses at this point.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Yeah I don't know why they're saying that. I'm just on the edge of totality, but both my trucks are filled up and I have about 5 years worth of beans and rice stored from buying a bag of each every time I go to the grocery store. Not sure my whole-home gen would work though, it's hooked into my natural gas.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: LSU2018

I didn't see any glasses on sale anywhere here .... and I've heard that a bunch have been recalled that were for sale on the internet. So I don't know if I'd trust ANY glasses at this point.

The Desoto Parish Library gave away thousands of pairs for free, and just released a statement yesterday that they were recalled and not to use them.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I love that song I have a remix on my music player with added OOMPH right now.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat
I don't have to leave my back deck to see 98% totality.

98% is good enough for me.

Without Eclipse glasses you won't even be able to tell a difference! Unless you look at a shadow you won't notice not at all! Too bad you couldn't get closer it truly is a once in a lifetime event unless you travel! Even at 99.5% you only start to see twilight!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join