It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bombs Iranian Embassy in Syrian Capital Damascuss

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is just breaking news.... as title states.

A building next to Iran's embassy in Damascus has been destroyed in an airstrike, reportedly killing a senior commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps and five others - with state media saying Israel was behind the attack.
Pictures show the building in Syria's capital razed to the ground, with huge plumes of smoke rising from the site following the explosion this afternoon and emergency workers rushing to the scene.

Daily Mail with video
Well, this is going to escalate things......

Iranian ambassador to Syria says response will be 'harsh'
Tehran's ambassador to Damascus has said that the Iranian response to the strike will be "harsh".

He further claimed that between five and seven people had been killed.

The Iranian Arabic-language state television Al-Alam and pan-Arab television station Al-Mayadeen, said the strike killed Iranian military adviser General Ali Reza Zahdi.

General Zahdi previously led the elite Quds Force in Lebanon and Syria until 2016.

Syrian foreign minister Faisal Mekdad told the media after meeting Iran's ambassador, Hossein Akbari, that "several" people were killed, without offering further information.

Iranian state television said the Iranian ambassador's residence was in the consular building, which stood next to the embassy.

Sky news live updates
Is Bibby still under sedation?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Already posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1-4-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: Typo

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

And? 3 minutes apart and in a different forum

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

And? 3 minutes apart and in a different forum

And nothing, I was just letting you know that it was posted incase you wanted to read the stuff over there. There's a video of the damage posted. Mohammad Reza Zahedi is a confirm death so this is huge

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Agreed, it's massive.
Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel
Already posted...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS allows on thread in Breaking Alternative News, and a second thread in another forum.
IIRC, that is the only exception that allows a dup thread.

edit on Mon Apr 1 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hi DTOM, you might as well close this thread. Absolutely no need to have them both.
Thank you.
In the meantime, now we have this...

IDF says Iranian drone has struck Israeli naval base
The Israel Defence Forces say an Iranian drone has hit a naval base in Eliat.

Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said: "Tonight an unmanned aircraft made and directed by Iran hit the naval base in Eilat.

"This is a very serious incident.

"Minimal damage was caused to infrastructure, and there were no casualties.

"We are investigating the incident to learn, draw lessons, and enhance our defence capabilities in the Eilat area and its surroundings."

Sky Live updates
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Cousin's co-worker went to a psychic last week. Her 2024 predictions:
1) June - Nuclear bomb in Middle East (no talk of who drops it or who receives it!)
2) Assassination of one of US's presidential candidates
3) Nationwide (US) blackout in/around October/November, for about a month.

Thanks to Israel provoking Iran, #1 looks completely plausible. Admittedly, none of these predictions are jaw-dropping. More like "when", not "if" scenarios.

and popcorn!

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh great. Two threads on this subject in less than 3 hours.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Please don't start!
3 minutes apart in different forums.
Please see DTOM post above followed by my post requesting this one be shut down
Happy now?

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: WeMustCare

Please don't start!
3 minutes apart in different forums.
Please see DTOM post above followed by my post requesting this one be shut down
Happy now?

The other tread is in 'Alternative News'. This hardly seems like alternative news to me; I think it should stand.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:39 AM
link   

As I said in the other thread, I'll shed no tears over the death of this Iranian general.
But I certainly do question the wisdom of this attack.

I've supported and defended Israel for quite some time now.
And I still do...to a point.

Its a bit of a forbidden to attack the embassies and consulates of other other countries, especially considering this consulate is in a third country.
It just adds legitimacy to claims Israel acts outside the boundaries other nations operate within.
If they have clear proof and evidence that these people were actively involved in terrorist activities or that the building was being used to support terrorism then they should disclose it thereby justifying their actions.
If they don't then their enemies will milk this as much as possible.

Given the nature of Israel's continued action in Gaza the tide of public support does seem to be turning against Israel.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Thank you.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Its a bit of a forbidden to attack the embassies and consulates of other other countries, especially considering this consulate is in a third country.

^^^^^ that in a nutshell.
Now this morning I read this....

Tehran sends 'important' message to the US via Switzerland following strike on consulate
Iran's official IRNA news agency says Tehran has sent an "important" message to the US following an alleged Israeli airstrike on the Iranian consulate in Syria.

The strike killed two Iranian generals and five officers.

Iran sent the message via a Swiss envoy in Tehran - Switzerland has looked out for US interests in Iran since the US Embassy hostage crisis in 1979.

The IRNA report did not give more details about the message, but said Iran claimed the US had "responsibility" for the strike.

Meanwhile, Iran's envoy to the UN has asked for an "immediate" UN Security Council meeting to discuss the strike.

Bolded part mine..... I never knew Switzerland were involved, did you?

Then we have the overnight strike by IDF into Gaza which has resulted in the deaths of 7 aid workers: 1 British, Australian, Polish nationalities declared so far.
More info at this link...
Sky news live updates on middle east
Rainbows
Jane
PS..... Israel has 'gone rogue'
edit on am42America/ChicagoTuesday2024-04-02T02:53:59-05:0002America/Chicago04000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:45 AM
link   
While it may be “forbidden to attack the embassies and consulates of other countries”

There’s a small hunch that whoever ordered this thought they can do it and get away with it.

Like with NATO in 99’ bombing on the Chinese embassy in Belgrade (killing 3 Chinese journalists) during the NATO bombing of Serbia for 78 days.

Which was a clear “whoopski” as it wasn’t collateral. It was hit dead on.

United States bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Serbia, China mark 24th anniversary of embassy bombing by NATO

english.news.cn...

The NATO bombing of Yugoslavia started on March 24, 1999. Over the course of 78 days, 2,500 people were killed and thousands of people more were wounded, while 25,000 homes and a third of the country's energy sector were destroyed -- often by illegal weapons such as cluster bombs and depleted uranium warheads.

On May 7, 1999, U.S.-led NATO forces carried out a brutal missile attack on the former Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, which left three journalists working there dead, more than 20 people injured, and the embassy building severely damaged.

One can imagine things would go differently today, now years later with Putin in charge (instead of drunken Yeltsin) and having a much stronger China today.

edit on 2-4-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This is just breaking news.... as title states.

A building next to Iran's embassy in Damascus has been destroyed in an airstrike, reportedly killing a senior commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps and five others - with state media saying Israel was behind the attack.
Pictures show the building in Syria's capital razed to the ground, with huge plumes of smoke rising from the site following the explosion this afternoon and emergency workers rushing to the scene.

Daily Mail with video
Well, this is going to escalate things......

Iranian ambassador to Syria says response will be 'harsh'
Tehran's ambassador to Damascus has said that the Iranian response to the strike will be "harsh".

He further claimed that between five and seven people had been killed.

The Iranian Arabic-language state television Al-Alam and pan-Arab television station Al-Mayadeen, said the strike killed Iranian military adviser General Ali Reza Zahdi.

General Zahdi previously led the elite Quds Force in Lebanon and Syria until 2016.

Syrian foreign minister Faisal Mekdad told the media after meeting Iran's ambassador, Hossein Akbari, that "several" people were killed, without offering further information.

Iranian state television said the Iranian ambassador's residence was in the consular building, which stood next to the embassy.

Sky news live updates
Is Bibby still under sedation?
Rainbows
Jane

Bibby and this War Cabinet of Horrors, yes.

US-based aid group World Central Kitchen says the foreign aid workers killed in the “targeted Israeli strike” were nationals from Australia, Poland and the UK, as well as a US-Canadian citizen. Israel’s PM Benjamin Netanyahu admits the Israeli army is responsible for the strike.

Israel’s war on Gaza live: Aid worker attack comes amid ‘man-made famine’

Maybe the World Central Kitchen looks like Hamas when the sedation starts to impair your mental faculties, but I'd reckon the ghouls are off their rockers.
Read their posts on ATS in case of doubt.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   

maybe don't go to an active and very active warzone......

let the IDF know you are there maybe?

this is do gooders thinking they know what they are doing and helping people, but in a real war zone n0ot the time to be handing out sandwiches

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PsiOPs

Talking of the World Central Kitchen attack......
IDF were informed of their location.
It wasn't one attack, it was 3 seperate ones over a distance of almost 2 miles.
As a consequence other aid agencies have 'stood down' for now.
I think Bibby was betting on this happening..... to extend his 'man-made' famine.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:30 AM
link   

It really goes against the grain for me to criticise Israel, I think they have every right to defend themselves and ensure that terrorist organisations like Hamas can not carry out any more horrific attacks against them.
Its undeniable that Iran have been arming and funding Hamas and in all likelihood actively enabling them in many other ways.
Israel will view them as a legitimate target in their drive to obliterate Hamas.

But this can't continue as it is.

I think both Iran and Hamas have targeted embassies and such like before but I think this attack was reckless and misguided and sets a dangerous precedent.

The lack of compassion Israel is showing in Gaza is alienating a lot of support, Hamas and Iran must be lapping this up.
They care just as little about the lives lost, its all about public opinion and the moral high ground.....and Israel is handing it to its opponents gift wrapped.

I know Switzerland does try to act as intermediary between countries that have little or no diplomatic ties but I wasn't aware they were the conduit for US/Iran communications.

Iran is on a loser if its thinks it can bully and intimidate the US into a corner.
When push comes to shove they will come down on Israel's side every time.

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

As I said in the other thread, I'll shed no tears over the death of this Iranian general.
But I certainly do question the wisdom of this attack.

I've supported and defended Israel for quite some time now.
And I still do...to a point.

It just adds legitimacy to claims Israel acts outside the boundaries other nations operate within.
If they have clear proof and evidence that these people were actively involved in terrorist activities or that the building was being used to support terrorism then they should disclose it thereby justifying their actions.
If they don't then their enemies will milk this as much as possible.

Given the nature of Israel's continued action in Gaza the tide of public support does seem to be turning against Israel.

Israel is done. They shall no longer take any sh#t from anyone for any reason.

You can't blame them.

They are surrounded by enemies on all sides and have lived in a constant state of hyper vigilance since their inception.

You had to know they would finally say one day "enough is enough".

Their people have had it. It's time to make the donuts.

It's going to get very sketchy in the ME very quickly.

The US leadership has to figure out right now what if anything we are going to do as things escalate and unfold.

edit on 4/4/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join