It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Easter ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I hope everyone has a great Easter, either with family or home alone.

The wife has a chicken roasting in the oven, stuffing on the stove.
Potatoes boiling. And I’ll be prepping the yorkshires to go in shortly.
Plus a load of roast vegetables in with the chicken right now.
It’s gonna be a great dinner!

I’m not a turkey fan, nor chicken fan for that matter, but I’ll do both maybe once a year.

What’s your go to Easter dinner?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I'd love to try putting together a sushi dinner for once. Saw it online recently, I think it's a welcome change of pace.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Blessed Easter, ATSers!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

That would be a good one to try!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   
we did a giant ham and some potato salad and deviled eggs. Neighbors invited us for tacos and they were great. Ham is secondary to the tacos. Really enjoyed the fellowship and the food from the neighbors. Happy to have options for dinner.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Happy Easter to everyone. Been a busy day for me, made two pies, rolls, and a turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy for us today. Also had to feed the cats and the deer multiple times and do a real lot of dishes. Getting the house ready for a dinner like that is a lot of work. Spent about eight hours with hardly any breaks doing what needed to be done....everything made from scratch.

It seems harder to do a big family get together than when I worked in a Restaurant when I was young. Although in the restaurant, there were commercial appliances, more than one oven to use and they are set up for efficiency. Our kitchen is not set up efficiently like that. It is all right, but not like a good restaurant has.

But We like having Family dinners together, and even though it is a lot of work, it feels good to do it. We will try to keep doing it as long as we can, the longer we keep it up, the longer we appreciate living. We went out and ate Chinese yesterday, the buffet was good, but no comparison to the home cooked meal we had today.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Happy Easter Monday (La Pasquetta where I am).

BTW, he wasn't on the menu. I snapped this pic at my local pet shop a few weeks ago. I think he was praying to be fed.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I love devilled eggs.
My mom makes the best ones.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Glad you got to spend time with the family!

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Hahah

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: network dude

I love devilled eggs.
My mom makes the best ones.

We make deviled eggs about three or four times a year, the wife does a good job at them. We always have eggs, but if we made them every month, it would not be a treat anymore, it would just be common food.

Same with making lots of things, we do things in rotation so we do not get bored with them which leads to avoidance of them and a need to find a special treat to make us feel happy. It is like that with everything, if you eat fried chicken every week, it is not desired anymore. People do that, they get T-bone steaks or Rib steaks at a high price often and do not buy cheaper steaks to grill. So, then they have to reward themselves with something they really do not need, raising the bar higher and higher can lead a person into debt. you are not going to go broke eating deviled eggs though, but if you have them all the time the novelty wears off.

Also, the time you spend making those deviled eggs is not wasted. When you are working on them, you are not out spending money somewhere or getting into trouble. With Making Deviled eggs a biblical phrase can apply ....Idle hands are the hands of the devil

top topics

join