It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Baltimore, ship brings down bridge, mass casualties

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

The vessel might be double-hulled if she's less than 10 years old.

Would not be any surprise really if she's taking on water given the fact that she just collided with a bridge support.

And i suppose the list could indeed be down to tons of bridge material landing on the foredeck if it's still there.
edit on 26-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   
wow.... i seriously had a dream about this last night. holy crap. i was listening to the ufo-files from a different thread so it was more this exact structure in a space-to-earth configuration that started collapsing when a "ship" crashed into it. thats intense. i sincerely pray for everyone involved.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: RussianTroll

Update at 10:00 am - The collision with a container ship caused at least seven vehicles, including a tractor-trailer, traveling on a bridge to fall into the river, carrying about twenty people. There were about twenty workers on the bridge at the time of the collapse. After the fire, the ship sank, but the entire crew is safe.

www.trasportoeuropa.it...

Dude, ALL you have to do is open your eyes and look! Stop posting lies! Use your own eyes!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Reports say the water depth at that point is 50 feet.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The captain may have tryed backing with propulsion , causing the ship pitching ?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Cavemannick

Looks rather nasty.

news.sky.com...

What bridge protections will now be mandated?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare
You would think in such a critical, vulnerable area that something like tugs would have already been mandated to prevent such a thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So she could be resting on the bottom?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

A ship that size, that may be concerning all on its own, especially if she's carrying a heavy load.

A depth of 50 feet is required to handle ships above 10,000 TEUs.

What's her weight/displacement anybody know?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I don't have a clue im the other side of the pond.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
One question: does anyone know if the use of a harbour pilot (or whatever they are called) is mandatory?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

yes it had two pilots on board accordin to this report from CNN.

The container ship Dali, which had just left the Port of Baltimore and was en route to Colombo, Sri Lanka, was not being piloted by its own crew, but by local pilots who are used specifically to avoid accidents like the one that occurred early Tuesday morning.

7Th report down,
Who was piloting the ship? A local pilot

also the ship has been inspected 27 since it was built. there were two problems found that pretty much tells me it shouldn't have been in service.

from same link as above, 4th report

In June of 2023, in San Antonio, Chile, the Chilean authorities gave the Dali a “deficiency” for “propulsion and auxiliary machinery — gauges, thermometers, etc,” according to Equasis records. And, in November of 2016, in Antwerp, Belgium, the Dali was given another “deficiency” for "structural conditions” described as “hull damage impairing seaworthiness," due to it being holed, Equasis records show.

also ABC News reported the captian warned that they might hit the bridge, 8th report down Titled as
Mar 26, 6:32 AM
Ship lost propulsion, warned of collision, CISA report says

An unclassified Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency report said the container ship Dali "lost propulsion" as it was leaving port and warned Maryland officials of a possible collision.
The crew notified officials that they had lost control, the report said.
"The vessel notified MD Department of Transportation (MDOT) that they had lost control of the vessel and an allision with the bridge was possible," the report said. "The vessel struck the bridge causing a complete collapse."
Mar 26, 6:32 AM Ship lost propulsion, warned of collision, CISA report says

again being un seaworthy and having propulsion the ship should have been dry dock and overhauled. Not in service

edit on 26-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   
So they are now reporting that officials were able to stop traffic before the collapse.
They are now saying that the people they are searching for are the construction workers.

He kinda backtracked a bit and said they need to investigate more but that may have been a huge blessing.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Seven people are apparently missing, one was found, and another was seriously injured.

That water must be freezing.

Hope they are found alive and well.

www.newsnationnow.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
maryland"s Governor just verified the the crew warned the state,they had lost propulsion, ship was listing, and they were able to stop traffic from going onto the bridge, after mayday from ship.

trying to find a video now.
edit on 26-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Not what I heard. Maybe it was after I heard it. I heard that Buttigieg, the DEI bad hire, has not commented.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
a reply to: andy06shake

Reports say the water depth at that point is 50 feet.

So it could be sitting on the bottom then.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Engine Failure -- could be SABOTAGE!!!! ☠️💣

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My first thought after watching the video was that it was a computer hack, guided straight into the support. I thought terror or AI.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

What does this video you posted have to do with the bridge collapse?!?

I'm confused by your post.

It's a sheriff talking about border security. I think you may have put in the wrong video number.

🤔 🥱

edit on 3/26/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join