It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman MIKE GALLAGHER R-WI Suddenly Decides to Resign - Possibly CHINA Related.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Friday, March 22, 2024

I think it's pretty rare for a member of Congress to decide in the middle of a term to throw in the towel, without giving a good reason why, is it not?

Congressman MIKE GALLAGHER(R-Wi) is resigning his position, effective April 19th.

What's interesting (to me) is that he chaired the "Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party"...

Politico reported Gallagher’s forthcoming resignation Friday afternoon, and the congressman later confirmed he planned to exit the lower chamber on April 19.

I’ve worked closely with House Republican leadership on this timeline and look forward to seeing Speaker Mike Johnson appoint a new chair to carry out the important mission of the Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party,” he wrote in a post on X.
More at: www.breitbart.com...

The pressure from certain members of Congress, Government, Former Officials, and Businesses, to get China out of American society's inner workings (i.e. Tik Tok, Buying Farmland, China Police Stations, etc.), is building quickly this year.

Is it possible Congressman Gallagher was getting too close to uncovering something, causing Communist Chinese officials, or maybe corrupt U.S. officials, to threaten his family? (The Biden family received $$$ and jewels from China, in return for ???)

Or maybe Gallagher himself had some illegal deals with China that were going to be exposed, causing him to resign?

Does anyone here on ATS know more about Mike Gallagher and/or the Chinese Communist investigation(s) he was in charge of?

-WeMustCare

edit on 2232024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   
He's another BAMN victim. ☠️

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   
He's like the fifth Republican in the House to leave office early since January 2023.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He's another BAMN victim. ☠️

I'll wait until you explain that to those of us who are not familiar the latest terminologies.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
He's like the fifth Republican in the House to leave office early since January 2023.

Is he a Trump supporter, or is he a Biden supporter?

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Why does that matter?

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   

What if he's neither? The common thread among most of these Republicans that are leaving office early/not seeking reelection is that they don't like the direction the Party is taking.

Trump is not some Great Unifier. He has split the Party and it's going to sink him in November.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Remember when Democrats and Liberals hated the other side of the split in the Republican party? When they believed people like Dick Cheney were the "Next Hitler". Now liberals are all about bemoaning how those Republicans are leaving office because they "don't like the direction the party is going in".... this country is so bipolar when it comes to political conventions.

edit on 22-3-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Remember when the otherside was certain Obama was going to bring an end to the world? Ya people say stupid things. But in this instance I believe the Republican Party is being split by one person and his camp. And the Republicans are just letting it happen because if you dare say something negative about him you will be labeled a commie. Great tactic on his end to strike fear in the weak minded.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yes I am afraid this is correct. These crazy Trump fans have already given Biden 4 more years. It's not even November and I am already trying to get out of my funk. I really don't want another Biden administration and the truth is, that's what we have. Sigh

What if he's neither? The common thread among most of these Republicans that are leaving office early/not seeking reelection is that they don't like the direction the Party is taking.

Trump is not some Great Unifier. He has split the Party and it's going to sink him in November.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vance2
Yes I am afraid this is correct. These crazy Trump fans have already given Biden 4 more years. It's not even November and I am already trying to get out of my funk. I really don't want another Biden administration and the truth is, that's what we have. Sigh

Haha, Biden sucks but it’s never Biden’s fault.

Everything is crap in the US but it’s not the current admin’s fault.

It’s all Trump Trump Trump.

So sick of the dumbness. It flows like the runs.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

What's interesting (to me) is that he chaired the "Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party"...

What's interesting to me is that we have a "Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party."

Why do we need a select committee of lawmakers to worry about the political party of another country? Sounds more like a job for the CIA to me.

But I'm guessing this must be some lower level committee. Which is a cause for concern in itself. Think about "higher level" committees and how inept they are, like budget committees.

I'm betting the "Select Committee on the Chinese Communist Party" thinks General Tso is in charge of the Chinese army.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm not following. I'm an independent voter and I am not wanting another Biden administration. But I know Trump can't beat him. Sorry if you were confused.

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: vance2

Haha, Biden sucks but it’s never Biden’s fault.

Everything is crap in the US but it’s not the current admin’s fault.

It’s all Trump Trump Trump.

So sick of the dumbness. It flows like the runs.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Our Congresses are so screwed up these days, polarized to the maximum and not supporting the parties and not the citizens of this country. I sure wouldn't want to be working in congress or even state legislatures these days. It is nothing but promoting hate towards your parties opponents these days. Our country used to be a decent place to live, now it is all messed up. Our government is full of negativity towards their opponents and anyone who does not agree with some of the politicians that can't think property and are leading their party. I have to say that the Republicans are better than the Democrats with their liberal and progressive anarchists at the helm.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: arcticshuffle

So I guess with that think then everything bad that happened under Trump’s watch is his fault then?
Your type of thinking not mine.
edit on 22-3-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 12:41 AM
link   

It's the " Timing " of his Resignation that Concerns me . It has a Direct Effect on the Reps Majority in Congress . It Smells to High Heaven.......

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 01:11 AM
link   
GOP majority reduced to 1.

This is going to have some Antonin Scalia levels of ripple effects.

It's almost as if both sides are being made equals in influence in order to reap maximum division.

If I had to guess as to why these Representatives are leaving (4 vacancies by 4/20/24) is because they know that social security and medicaid are going to sink this ship and they don't want to be Captain when the crew mutinies.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It's the " Timing " of his Resignation that Concerns me . It has a Direct Effect on the Reps Majority in Congress . It Smells to High Heaven.......

They will all be making massive salaries shortly, in various ways.

We continue to see new ways of depraved corruption from the dems and left.

Whittling down the GOP majority simply through bribery.

I didn’t think they could just keep inventing new methods of cheating and stealing/ wrecking the country.

But here you go. Yet another low for the cheat.

Ronna McDaniel just got paid off hugely for keeping the RNC non-functional for the past several years.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: budzprime69
a reply to: arcticshuffle

So I guess with that think then everything bad that happened under Trump’s watch is his fault then?
Your type of thinking not mine.

Could be. I’m an adult. Tell us what you think, not just silly moaning and groaning.

Covid ? Maybe not. Everything Covid wrecked ? Maybe not. Falling for democrat operative Fauci ? Yeah, probably. Falling for big pharma ? Yeah, probably.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: arcticshuffle

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They will all be making massive salaries shortly, in various ways.

We continue to see new ways of depraved corruption from the dems and left.

Whittling down the GOP majority simply through bribery.

I didn’t think they could just keep inventing new methods of cheating and stealing/ wrecking the country.

But here you go. Yet another low for the cheat.

Ronna McDaniel just got paid off hugely for keeping the RNC non-functional for the past several years.

And this where the term and concept of RINO came from.

In the past there was at least some semblance of belief in the country and the values of your party.

Today, nothing. All for sale. The dems got replaced with 100 % psychos, and the GOP with about 95 % who will sell it all down the River for 5-10 million dollars in one form or another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join