It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyson Foods Hiring Migrants Sparks Calls to Boycott

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Looks like Tyson Foods, a huge employer, is supposedly planning to hire some 52,000 Migrants to work for $16 an hour + some "benefits.

Tyson is closing some plants and last year they laid-off 4000+ employees (they have around 140,000 employees).

Big deal is Migrants start replacing other "Legal" workers.

Is Tyson involved in some political BS? Who put this idea in their heads?

Why are they planning on hiring so many when layoff are always looming?

What's this all about?

Anybody have inside info?

Tyson Foods Hiring Migrants Sparks Calls to Boycott

Tyson Foods is facing boycott calls for planning to hire 52,000 migrants to work at its factories after closing a plant in Iowa this week.

The company announced this week it is seeking to hire some of the thousands of asylum seekers who have arrived in New York City, Scripps News reported. The program could alleviate headaches for city leaders, who have voiced concerns about the migrant population growth straining city resources. It would offer these migrants a job that pays $16.50 per hour in addition to other benefits such as legal aid, child care, and temporary housing.

The announcement came after Tyson announced on Monday that it would close a plant in Perry, Iowa, that had about 1,200 employees amid a drop in demand for some products, according to Reuters. Tyson has shut down six plants in the past year.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good luck Finding and alternative to buy meat if you don't let be in a rural area.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They've closed so many plants. They state it's because of less demand but who knows. Covid shutdowns and illness played hell with these types of companies. Tyson has always hired a large majority of workers that needed work visas so this isn't anything new. In 2021, they couldn't get enough workers and downsized quite a bit. I guess they must be on the upswing. But I imagine 10 million+ new people in the USA would impact the food market.

But the bottom line is, meat will be more expensive so don't expect prices to go down anytime soon.

But hey, eggs are protein and somewhat affordable, or you can grow your own with a little help........

edit on th31202400000031bFri, 15 Mar 2024 13:40:54 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I won't be eating their food. These illegal aliens are infested with measles and other diseases.

Pass.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Migrants are in those jobs because, no one else will do those jobs.

An estimated 73% of agriculture workers today were born outside of the United States.

www.fwd.us...

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Migrants are in those jobs because, no one else will do those jobs.

An estimated 73% of agriculture workers today were born outside of the United States.

www.fwd.us...

Aren't they being forced out and replaced with illegal aliens?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Migrants seeking asylum who have declared themselves as such through the approved channels and are following the rules are legal unless and until an immigration judge decides otherwise, at which point they could be deported. Would it be better to have them not able to pay their way and have them broke and living in tent cities on the street somewhere?

Tyson and other food processing plants laid off workers and closed plants last year because inflation was around 9% in June of 2023 and there was less demand for their products. They can't keep factories open turning out the product if no one is willing to buy it. The current inflation rate is 3.2%, so there is a lot more demand now and they are staffing up to meet it. It's called the Free Market.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
Migrants seeking asylum who have declared themselves as such through the approved channels and are following the rules are legal unless and until an immigration judge decides otherwise, at which point they could be deported. Would it be better to have them not able to pay their way and have them broke and living in tent cities on the street somewhere?

Tyson and other food processing plants laid off workers and closed plants last year because inflation was around 9% in June of 2023 and there was less demand for their products. They can't keep factories open turning out the product if no one is willing to buy it. The current inflation rate is 3.2%, so there is a lot more demand now and they are staffing up to meet it. It's called the Free Market.

"Migrants seeking asylum" are illegal aliens. They should be deported immediately and forced to come to America the legal way.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Nah, do a little more digging please.

They have laid off thousands of people.
Now, they are looking to hire migrants to "do the work nobody else wants too"

And they are in trouble for using migrant children as workers.

So, basically, they are getting rid of people making a decent living wage, to hire cheaper migrants.
Yep, they deserve the boycotts.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The issue is these new Migrants with special work visas, not normal Migrants and people with Green Cards.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

The issue is "Asylum" has not been determined by judges yet. What if some of these Migrants get clipped off and Asylum is denied? šŸ˜€ How is THAT "Justified"?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Please do. Less demand means more supply which means lower prices.

I'd like to eat cheaper chicken while I know that others are denying themselves. It will make it taste even better.

Oh, and why don't you tell your kids there are opportunities awaiting them at Tyson in the chicken plants and see how they react. If immigrants don't do them, will any of you? NOPE.
edit on 15-3-2024 by Disgusted123 because: (no reason given)

(post by BernnieJGato removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen Let the Boycotts begin

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

I'd like to eat cheaper chicken while I know that others are denying themselves. It will make it taste even better.

Wow. Spoken like a true left wing elitist scum wad.

Oh, and why don't you tell your kids there are opportunities awaiting them at Tyson in the chicken plants and see how they react. If immigrants don't do them, will any of you? NOPE.

No one cares about your spoiled brat kids. The fact is that people WILL do these jobs if you pay them. There are plenty of unskilled workers without a college degree in this country already. This is just more left wing racism. "Get the brown people to clean my toilet." "get the foreigner to make my food."

People like you just want cheap labor and someone to look down on.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Here where I live at in GA, Perdu only hires mostly migrant, many illegals on top of that with fake ID cards, but they are doing great now that biden is giving them ID cards, no longer need to buy fake identities, that includes criminals that he has been flying in secret into the US that can not pass the regular checks for coming into the US.

Isn't democrats great when stepping on the backs of taxpayer legal citizens.

Democrats are replacing American citizens with foreign illegals and darn if they are criminals and terrorist as long as they vote for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Suddenly people care?
lol
Oh yes election year.

This story is 5, 10, 15, 20 years old. Even more.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Frank Perdue is Smiling in Heaven with his Rivals Un-American Ownership and Wokeness..........

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't trust any company replacing us with illegals

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

even more

I first became aware of Tyson's business practices over thirty years ago. There was a push to get them to clean up their act but it when nowhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join