It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia has reached the lowest level of poverty in its entire history

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hello ATS!

Today we'll talk about poverty.
The poverty level in the Russian Federation at the end of 2023 reached a record low in the entire history of observations since 1992, amounting to 9.3%; 13.5 million Russians were below the poverty line in Russia.

How the poverty level is changing in Russia.
Share of the population with incomes below the subsistence level/poverty line, %.

On February 29, Russian President Vladimir Putin, in his address to the Federal Assembly, called for reducing the poverty level from 9% to 7% by 2030.

In the United States, the official poverty rate in 2022 was 11.5 percent, with 37.9 million people living in poverty, which is three times more than in Russia

Simultaneously. The French began to eat less - just so as not to listen to Putin
Food consumption in France has decreased by almost 17% over 2 years

Food prices in France have increased by 22% since 2021. And this does not take into account the still high energy prices in France.

The result of these rising costs was a decline in food consumption in France of almost 17%, the largest decline in the country since data collection began in the early 1980s. Until now, the decline (i.e., the fall from peak to trough) in food consumption has never exceeded 4%. And even when it reached this level, it quickly returned back.

However, today we are witnessing a steady and historically unprecedented decline in food consumption in the country. Modern France has never experienced such a blow to basic living standards.

The French figures match the data we have in the UK. A recent study found that one in seven Britons are skipping meals due to rising food prices. A survey conducted in France found that 57% of people had reduced their meat consumption, which is especially noticeable in a culture with a carnivorous diet.

What is the reason for rising food prices? Most likely, you can point to a lack of fertilizers. The World Economic Forum notes that Russia and Belarus are among the world's largest sources of mineral fertilizers. When the West imposed sanctions on Russia, it tried to create incentives for certain types of fertilizers, but bureaucratic red tape meant imports fell sharply and fertilizer prices soared. Hence the rise in food prices.

Rising food prices and falling food consumption continue to be extremely effective predictors of riots and social unrest.

unherd.com...

So it goes.
Thank you.

+17 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

The poverty level in the Russian Federation at the end of 2023 reached a record low in the entire history.

Lesson number 1. Never believe what you are told. Especially when it comes from The Russian State hirearchy.

Hope that helps ?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The poverty level in the Russian Federation at the end of 2023 reached a record low in the entire history.

Lesson number 1. Never believe what you are told. Especially when it comes from The Russian State hirearchy.

Hope that helps ?

All you can do is be offended by the official statistics))))

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
The poverty level in the Russian Federation at the end of 2023 reached a record low in the entire history of observations since 1992.
Rising food prices and falling food consumption continue to be extremely effective predictors of riots and social unrest.

Do you think this has any bearing on the rise of groups like The Freedom of Russia Legion? Maybe they want to end putin's destruction of the country?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

Give it a try. Just don’t cry or complain later)))))

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

All you can do is be offended

Offended ? I am pissing myself laughing on how absurd it sounds.

Bear in mind an election is coming, and Putin has to make sure that things are looking good in Russia.

As if he needs the help.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Nah, these are russians, in russia, who are sick of putin and aim to take him down. I'm not russian.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

At the beginning of May 2023, Rosstat updated the data on the number of people whose income is below the poverty line. At the end of 2022, this figure was 14.3 million, which corresponds to 9.8 percent of Russia's total population. This is the lowest level since 1992.

However, there are actually more poor people - Rosstat "lost" three million poor people after changing the calculation method, as the journalists of the To be precise project found out. If the poverty rate were calculated according to the old method, there would be 17.5 million poor people, i.e. 12 percent.

www.russland.news...
tochno.st... ionov-maloimushchikh-kotorye-vypali-iz-statistiki

Thank you

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju

Nah, these are russians, in russia, who are sick of putin and aim to take him down. I'm not russian.

Present a notarized power of attorney, speak on behalf of the Russian people.

(post by RussianTroll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: malte86

At the beginning of May 2023, Rosstat updated the data on the number of people whose income is below the poverty line. At the end of 2022, this figure was 14.3 million, which corresponds to 9.8 percent of Russia's total population. This is the lowest level since 1992.

However, there are actually more poor people - Rosstat "lost" three million poor people after changing the calculation method, as the journalists of the To be precise project found out. If the poverty rate were calculated according to the old method, there would be 17.5 million poor people, i.e. 12 percent.

www.russland.news...
tochno.st... ionov-maloimushchikh-kotorye-vypali-iz-statistiki

Thank you

So provide these official data. We are waiting)))

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I would still rather live in France than in Russia.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

I would still rather live in France than in Russia.

It is your right. Live wherever you want. But Russians also have the right to live in their own country.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't think the FRL needs my help. They are doing a pretty good job on their own.
If putin keeps destroying russia, they will only get more and more powerful. But look on the bright side. If they succeed, those poverty figures might eventually improve. Maybe Disney will open a Disneyland in Russia.

link   
quoted myself

edit on 13-3-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join