It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant mystery monolith appears on top of Welsh hill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Reminds me of the movie 2001 a space oddssey, the finding of the monolith symbolised an evolutionary change.
Perhaps the artist is pointing towards our evolutionary change with the new world/times we are moving into.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

go take it home.
no joke
middle of nowhere, its up for grabs.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   
are the other monoliths still standing? a reply to: Cymru

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I honestly wish at this point they would come or the asteroid hits.

Cause random a-holes hoaxing crap is getting boring!

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 02:54 AM
link   
They've been popping up I think of them like the mysterious flocks of plastic flamingo's craze.
Dolmen come in shiny silver?
Hahahahaha!! It's actually pretty neat!!

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: houserrr

I think we are devolving as a race quicker than we evolved... so, in a way, a reboot to 'original factory settings' is required.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

As monoliths go, a "10-foot-tall block of steel," is not "Giant."
I like my giant monoliths about fifty feet tall, of a decent circumference, and outta stone.

I know what you mean, some of those ancient monoliths are mind blowing.

Saying that I bet this 10 foot tall steel block was helicopter dropped into place, as its at the top of a hill with no easy access. Regardless I doubt it’s just some art project, unless the artist is rich, has an obsession with 2001 a space odyssey, and doesn’t want any recognition for their work.

Seems very similar to the ones that have popped up internationally too. Whoever is behind this has quite some resources and wealth at their disposal. Wonder what the message is meant to be?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

If you take a look at the bottom of the picture, the turf appears to have been cut in small squares.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
perhaps its a sheep magnet?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Any free standing structure such as this would have to be partially buried in the ground or it will just topple easily. I can see footprints and mud around the base and you would have to cut the turf before digging a hole, but it’s not as messy as I would have thought. Looks like they carefully filled it back in and even put back most of the grass sods.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The access is fairly easy with a small 4WD in summer. At this time of year it may be difficult or impossible and would certainly leave tyre marks. It's hollow and made of thin sheet so could have been carried or pushed on a wheelbarrow Allegedly the Utah monolith was pushed over, partly dismantled, loaded onto a wheelbarrow and taken away by four men in eight minutes.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TimBurr

The access is fairly easy with a small 4WD in summer. At this time of year it may be difficult or impossible and would certainly leave tyre marks. It's hollow and made of thin sheet so could have been carried or pushed on a wheelbarrow Allegedly the Utah monolith was pushed over, partly dismantled, loaded onto a wheelbarrow and taken away by four men in eight minutes.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Since there is no way to drive up to the top of the hill
www.bbc.co.uk...

I've been in a series one Land Rover that was driven effortlessly up the hill. Getting down was different. We took a route that has probably never been driven by a motorised vehicle before or since. We had to move a few rocks and, (farmers please forgive me), cut a fence. I've got a photograph somewhere but not easily available.
edit on 13-3-2024 by TimBurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Sent PM.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Any more news on the Welsh toblerone? Is it still standing or has it been 'borrowed' yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join