It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 was the end of American exceptionalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The changing of America i believe began in earnest on Sept. 11. The new millennium, combined with this seminal event began the shift of American hearts and minds from generally patriotic to generally self-hating.

People point to other events that happened in history which im sure you're all aware of in the scheme of globalist evolution but what is the first thing that has to happen for globalism to gain a true foothold?

Fear. I was reflecting on Sept. 11 and thinking about the news coverage at the time. Reuters wouldn't use the word terrorist for fear of offending someone, because one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

All quotes are from this link
newrepublic.com...

The news agency has decided not to refer to what happened in New York and Washington as terrorism. "We all know that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter," explained Stephen Jukes, the head of global news at Reuters, "and that Reuters upholds the principle that we do not use the word terrorist."

The anti war contingent was afraid of retaliation. Some were blaming America's actions around the world in the middle east and other places for the shocking destruction witnessed that day.

The bastion of ultra left wing elitism, Michael Moore said on Sept. 12, the day after thousands of people lost their lives suddenly and tragically

"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!"--Michael Moore

Afraid and ashamed to fly the flag of their country

"My daughter, who goes to Stuyvesant High School only blocks from the World Trade Center, thinks we should fly an American flag out our window. Definitely not, I say: The flag stands for jingoism and vengeance and war."--Katha Pollitt, The Nation, October 8

The events of Sept. 11th marked a sharp turn in the American personality as prior to this, we were generally proud to be the defenders, the retaliators, the country you didn't mess with. Yes, anti war sentiment was high during Vietnam, but I can guess that if the North Vietnamese or their allies pulled off a brazen attack on our own soil, killing thousands of innocent Americans the attitudes about that war would have been totally different. Same with all other wars. Well except the obvious Pearl Harbor.

There was an added layer of flare as well because of the sheer number of people parroting the news broadcasts regarding motive behind the attack. Going all the way back to the Ottoman Empire to explain why this attack occured.

I wondered the whole time even at 14 how these people could be so ultimately anti American and self hating that they would blame a totally underhanded unprovoked attack on civilians on the actions of our own country. I didn't see and still don't see how 9/11 was our fault, no matter what we had done across the globe. We didn't do anything like that. We don't target civilians. Collateral damage happens, but we do not target civilians.

So this was really the end of American exceptionalism. So many claiming that America and Americans were hated around the world, nobody liked us or needed us. We deserved it because xyz BS reason and once the slide into irrelevance started, its been hard to stop.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You don't need to go all the way back to the Ottoman Empire to see the motive of 9/11.

9/11 was a ripple effect of the CIA's meddling in the Middle East with the installation of The Shah and subsequent Iranian Revolution.

You really want to know where we dropped the ball?

It was around the time of Nixon and JFK.

Secret societies getting away with the assassinations of MLK, JFK, RFK.

Nixon taking us off the gold standard, Watergate and we just watched as we let the crook fly away in that helicopter.

“There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

Our energy would simply prevail.” So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

-Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
You don't need to go all the way back to the Ottoman Empire to see the motive of 9/11.

9/11 was a ripple effect of the CIA's meddling in the Middle East with the installation of The Shah and subsequent Iranian Revolution.

You really want to know where we dropped the ball?

It was around the time of Nixon and JFK.

Secret societies getting away with the assassinations of MLK, JFK, RFK.

Nixon taking us off the gold standard, Watergate and we just watched as we let the crook fly away in that helicopter.

“There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

Our energy would simply prevail.” So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark — that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back.”

-Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72

Well as I said, people bring up a lot of red herring events in history to point to the real end of America but I believe it ended in those moments between possible accident and deliberate attack. A large portion of America reacted like a battered wife. Oh please, we'll be good, we won't seek justice for this attack we promise! Just don't attack us again. This created a large wedge between groups of people that supported the war and those who didn't, those who felt we deserved it and we should not take any action.

By your response, im guessing you too believe we were responsible and maybe I can agree that the US destabilized the middle east for our own gain and provided training to the Taliban and guerrillas to help further our own agendas, but what we never did and have never done is go onto another countries' soil and deliberately attack civilian targets with absolutely no strategical or military relevance.

9/11 made it cool to dog on America and talk about how hated we are globally because we are such the bad guy country that thousands of people who were minding their own business, maybe at work to provide for their families deserved to be annihilated in one fell swoop. I am sure that if that was true, the global community wouldn't have been and still be relying on aide and resources from America to assist them. All the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

I think your right it all went downhill after 9/11

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Opossum19

I think your right it all went downhill after 9/11

I mean there were lots of historical things leading up to what happened im not poo pooing that and the high level government conspiracy theories, but like when in the history of America have Americans been defending and justifying the murder of thousands of innocent people en masse? Because we kinda deserved it? These colors don't run. Oh wait, yes they do because we suck?

I am aware that my comment is probably like a dogwhistle for the Gaza Israel whatever thing is going on right now, everything else wrong America has done or supported globally but that isn't what I mean and I trust people here are open minded enough to get what I'm saying.
edit on 8-3-2024 by Shoshanna because: Inadvertent dogwhistle.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

9-11 2001 was wag the dog time ? ,it was the day I vowed to never trust my eyes or ears or the television again without first triple checking everything

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2001 was the day the bankers won and the prices worldwide went up like crazy overnight and the plebs partied like crazy thinking they were now rich with the rises they had seen in property values - worldwide .

That 30k home or condo flat is now 120 k down the line , and lots of unaccountable money just vanished from the pentegon as did the gold held in vaults under the towers , lots of people got rich in stock trades that day and the paperwork vanished like the buildings.

Lots of things changed that day , the lies stay the same

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The project for a new American centaury was one motive for 9/11 to reduce individual freedoms and increase the surveillance state capability. As with the nature of war, deception was a big part of it that day. WTC7 is one big clue to what really happened.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I thought 9/11 was a grand conspiracy involving the Bush administration. Swordfish was the social conditioning, six months released before 9/11.
The funny thing about the second clip is the entire part used to be on youtube, including it says where "your not hacking the bank, your going to break into it!" Right at thew end where he is looking at the diarama and realized it was an open assualt and robbery disguised as a terror attack.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   
at least the guys dancing to document the event had a fun time that day.
tells you who really 'pulled' the towers down.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Sho,

When I saw the "dissin' of America" was after we pulled out of S Vietnam and let their government fall to the communists. When we did that, almost immediately, hostages were taken by Cambodia which resulted in a bloody raid on the part of the USA, the Arabs jacked the price of oil up and sent Western economies into problematic times, and a bit later, the Iranis took the US embassy staff in Tehran hostage and held them so for over 400 days. Note those were all small countries; between 1945 and 1965, the only countries that seriously considered confronting the USA were the USSR and China.

Note as well we had legions of "America-dissers" from Vietnam forward, many of whom are now in senior positions of power. I suggest 1968 is a better starting date for you to work with in that regard.

The entire "outraged Islam" business has been cranking up since World War II; 2001 was a sort of culmination of that trend that reflected the dominance of American power in the post-Cold War world.

Cheers
edit on 9-3-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nice dude 👍

a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
The project for a new American centaury was one motive for 9/11 to reduce individual freedoms and increase the surveillance state capability. As with the nature of war, deception was a big part of it that day. WTC7 is one big clue to what really happened.

WTC 6 The customs offices and the missing core of the building are the one they really do not like talking about and the 1000 tons of gold ? That walked away

groundzeromedia.org...
edit on 9/3/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Although Building 6 apparently exploded at 9:04 a.m., the government-sponsored investigation was steered away from looking into what had actually happened. The Federal Emergency Management Agency funded an investigation by the American Society of Civil Engineers; however, investigators were reportedly blocked from the building by an order from the New York City’s Dept. of Design and Construction. On the same day, the Securities and Exchange Commission declared a national emergency and for the first time in U.S. history invoked its emergency powers under Securities Exchange Act Section 12(k) and eased regulatory restrictions for clearing and settling security trades for the next 15 days. These changes would allow an estimated $240 billion in covert government securities to be cleared upon maturity without the standard regulatory controls around identification of ownership.

Hmmm, that sure sounds a lot like operation swordfish from the first video I posted up there. Sounds like swordfish was a clear warning of what the plan was.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Building 6 photos were a eye opener to anyone who has worked in the construction industry as were the volumes of water pumped into that area and yet metal was running like in a foundry months later in the basements of wtc 1 and 2 .

And gold bullion being looted along with precious jewellery and stock certification from the vaults , it was one well planned out job

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Absolutely not. Under the context it was a duck hunt, in comparison.

edit on 7-5-2024 by Beesnestbomber because: (no reason given)

top topics

join