It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France makes abortion a constitutional right in historic vote

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Venkuish1

If there was such a referendum or constitutional amendment put on the national ballot right now, on the same ballot as this year's presidential race, it would overwhelmingly pass here, in the USA, too.

Abortion was put to a vote just like it should have been.

I think we should vote on all male babies having a vasectomy at birth. And only reversal surgery when they’ve proven they can support children/family for the rest of their life.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If there was such a referendum or constitutional amendment put on the national ballot right now, on the same ballot as this year's presidential race, it would overwhelmingly pass here, in the USA, too.

I think we should vote on all male babies having a vasectomy at birth. And only reversal surgery when they’ve proven they can support children/family for the rest of their life.

We believe you.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Can you prove god exists LSU2018?

No, if you answer honestly.

Hence what a person chooses to do with their own body is their concern.

Certainly not the state's concern or anything to do with absentee deities.

Also, an embryo or extremely early-stage fetus, is not a baby, just like an apple seed is not a tree.

Most forward-thinking nations, and states in your own nation, allow abortions up until 24 weeks.

Woman's body, woman's choice by my guess.
edit on 5-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When you impose a law that is dependent on other people, it is not a right but a form of obligation, or slavery at the whim of the state.

LOL

You make your own bullets, do you? For your own homemade firearm, that you yourself made from hewn lumber and forged steel in your garage?

I think it’s total BS that I have to purchase a gun just to exercise my 2A rights.
The government should give them to me.

Is your issue with abortion that it's murder or that it's too expensive? Which is it?

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ah the old it's murder card.

It's not murder, but since we've both stated two end stage debate talking points on the subject, it's just going to be going around circles beating the dead horse.
Again, you keep trying to drag people into your moral world view, I'll let people, and families decide for themselves how to run their lives.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When you impose a law that is dependent on other people, it is not a right but a form of obligation, or slavery at the whim of the state.

LOL

You make your own bullets, do you? For your own homemade firearm, that you yourself made from hewn lumber and forged steel in your garage?

Well, you do need MSM in order to post. . . .

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nobody lives in a vacuum, DB. We all rely on each other for everything to stay alive.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

But does a woman have a right to anyone elses body?

Ask one yourself, see what they have to say on the matter.

Thats the real question...

The real question is why issues such as abortion are allowed to be used as political bait or for religious kicks and kudos.

The french law has a 14 week limit....far from the "until it breaches the birth canal" ,as many leftists want and promote

Operative words now being French law, hence perfectly acceptable, in France.

As to "leftists want and promote"" nonsense what will it be next Democrats are aggressively pushing late-term abortion allowing children to be ripped from their mother’s womb garbage?

www.washingtonpost.com... fact-check-trumps-claim-on-abortions-up-until-the-moment-of-birth/

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If it does exist, I'd sure like ask it why the number one cause of death among women before modern medicine was pregnancy and labor.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm sure religion would manage to lay the blame at their dead feet somehow Sookiechacha.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

...ok so i asked my wife and she says she doesnt have a right to anyone elses body...

Stop with the religious bs... .thats a cope because you cannot back up your position with logic so you want to yell about "religious kicks"

Got news for you... My views are based on biology, history and law

California is already talking about post birth abortion..

Because people who agree with amurding a child are just that....

Murderers.

edit on am320243110America/ChicagoTue, 05 Mar 2024 10:55:46 -0600_3000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That's one way to tip the demographic scale back in the direction it came from.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Might as well have all females get their tubes tied at birth for the same reason.....

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

...ok so i asked my wife and she says she doesnt have a right to anyone elses body...

So then, why would you think someone else would have the right to your wives' body, or any other woman's body?

edit on 4520242024k57America/Chicago2024-03-05T10:57:45-06:0010am2024-03-05T10:57:45-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: LSU2018

No, if you answer honestly.

Hence what a person chooses to do with their own body is their concern.

Certainly not the state's concern or anything to do with absentee deities.

Also, an embryo or extremely early-stage fetus, is not a baby, just like an apple seed is not a tree.

Most forward-thinking nations, and states in your own nation, allow abortions up until 24 weeks.

Woman's body, woman's choice by my guess.

You can't answer my question?

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Nobody lives in a vacuum, DB. We all rely on each other for everything to stay alive.

This is mandated service.

I can't mandate that a gun manufacturer make and sell guns.

But state-sponsored abortion is mandating that doctors and nurses have to comply, and that tax payers have to fund it.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

No it isn't. And it never was, not here when Roe was enforced, and not in France now.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ask her if she has the right to her own body?

My position is clear Another_Nut, woman's body woman's choice, stands to rhyme and reason.

Tell us all your views based on biology, history, and law?

As to California, well the thread is about France, and abortion laws over there, as far as I'm aware California is not France.

As to your nonsense "Murderers" claim, do tell?

Or better yet, tell it to a priest, I'm sure they will entertain you.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

California is already talking about post birth abortion..

This is a bald faced lie.

posted on Mar, 5 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

No it isn't. And it never was, not here when Roe was enforced, and not in France now.

So it's all volunteer and for free and anyone at any time can walk away without repercussions?

lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join