It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason # 4762

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
That I hate cell phones.....and people.

Yesterday morning about 8 AM, I'm at Wal Mart getting some stuff and I like to go that early because there are very few people. I get my stuff and as I'm walking out, there's a woman ahead of me pushing her cart with one hand and cell phone in the other. She's not holding it up so she could see where she's going, she is head down and seeing nothing but that all important screen. She hits the side of the doors, looks up long enough to get through, clears the outside doors and starts down the lane straight ahead, never looking up.

She's drifting to the left and headed right toward some of the cars. She somehow misses most of them and then Bam ! she hits this.

Brand new GMC Canyon AT4X.

She had ran into the rear quarter panel behind the tire and it left a dent. Not huge but definitely noticeable, but to make matters worse, she yelled "People need to learn how to fu**ing park" and turned the cart without pulling it back, so now there's a big deep scratch. She finally looks up and apparently her car was on the other side of the lane and about 50 ft back. She'd been so in to whatever she was watching to see she's walked right past her own car.

My truck was farther away and this is exactly why I go early and park waaaay out in No Mans Land. I'd rather walk another 100 feet.

I spoke up and said she should stay till those people come out or at least leave a note. Her reply was "F**k them and f**k you too", throws her stuff in her car and takes off.

Wrong answer.

I make sure I get pics of her, her car and her plates, then I go sit and wait. The guy comes and and it's pretty obvious he's already seen it because by the time I walk over He. Is. Pissed.

I explain what happened, show him the pics, he calls the cops and this being a really small town they show up in a few minutes. I give a statement, send the pics to the guys phone and they go in to review security cameras just to have more evidence I guess.

Am I trying to be a goody two shoes rat fink ?

No. I just bought a new truck not long ago and that guy had just spent $55 - $60,000 and didn't deserve to have it messed up by some careless self entitled bitch who couldn't be bothered to pull her attention away from her phone.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

well done. Had that been my new truck, I'd have been really thankful you were there.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   

F her, I would've done the same. I really cant stand some people.

Peace

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
No you did the right thing.

In her own words. F’k her.

edit on 3-3-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You absolutely did the right thing!

Way back, when hubby and I were on our honeymoon, we went on a boat tour of pictured rocks. It lasts a couple of hours.
We were driving a borrowed conversion van.
As we left, we accidentally backed into a car. We jumped out, looked everything over, figured we must have just tapped the bumper. Not a scratch on either vehicle.

We could have just left, and nobody would have been the wiser.

But we couldn't. We went back in, asked any of the employees if it was their car. It wasn't, so it had to be someone out on a tour.
So, we left my cell #. (yeah, it was 2003, I had a work one) With a note about what happened.
Never did receive a phone call.
But it is what decent people do.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well done sir, very well done!
Not sure if this is the right one for a medal.... but please interpret it as such.... I'm not very good at emoji's but it looks like one.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Ummm…I think her sense of entitled social etiquette…was Trumped by your desire to be the arbiter of justice…

In the grand scheme of things however…I have my doubts as to wether either action was really worthy of expending any emotional coinage…

Also…shouldn’t this thread be in the rant forum…?

It’s a truck…trucks are meant to be dinged and scratched…dude should just tell his bros that he got it out in the pucker brush…

Unless it’s just one of them…pretty…”look at me”…trucks…

Then I’d be pissed as well…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   
As a sound guy, I hate people.

But people like her are special.

This song sums it up quite nicely.

open.spotify.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Right and wrong. Trucks are supposed to be dinged up by the owner not some random Wally walker.

a reply to: YouSir

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I go to Walmart often. We have one Meijers and Walmart in town, with another Walmart near my work. I have noticed in the last year or so how incredibly rude most people are in Walmart. It used to be for every impolite jerk there was someone who was super nice and polite and this was every visit to that store. Now it seems like all most everyone there is a selfish jerk that won't even acknowledge your presence. If you even get a look from somebody, it's a nasty one from someone barging through or blocking a lane without regard for other shoppers.

I know, it's not the greatest looking, highest quality people that shop at Walmart, but most of those people used to be polite. Now, when I might have shared a passing smile with a stranger in the past, I find myself imagining beating them down for being such dicks. Mostly I just do my shopping without thinking of them as real people, that seems to work the best for me when I go there.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Right and wrong. Trucks are supposed to be dinged up by the owner not some random Wally walker.

a reply to: YouSir

Ummm…true that…

I just get caught up in the observational tendencies of my own mind…always looking for the underlying motives and mechanisms…the why and how of human interaction…

That’s just one of my many foibles…

I suppose if I have any real role to play on this site…then it’s merely to observe…and occasionally comment on what passes as strange or humorous to me…

Humans are people too…I suppose…

I suppose…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Well done sir. Well done.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   
From my perspective there are two sides to this.

She was very out of order and should pay for any damage that will teach her a lesson and perhaps make her pay more attention in future and not be an entitled Karen.

On the other, when you spend such a huge amount of money on a truck (same as my house!) and leave it in a car park, suck it up if you think everyone in the world cares how shiny and expensive it is, it's just a "thing". There won't always be someone there to protect it for you.

I love my beaten up old Honda Civic with all it's dents and dull paintwork and often giggle to myself regarding loads of money but little sense.

And David64, you did the right thing with your vehicle, the woman and the owner.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

People need to be responsible for their actions.

You did the right thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
David64, if you see that truck in the carpark again and get a chance to speak to the owner, ask how they got on.

It would be interesting to know how this played out.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

What a Dck move.

It's not her fault that truck got in her way of the cart!

How was she supposed to know it would be there anyway as clearly whatever was going on in that device was more important. Not like she was trained how to use such a mobile device...either of them.

And you! The busy body gall! Two men picking on that poor woman who just wanted to go about her day. She even greeted you goodbye for crying out loud.

People today man...I just dunno

join