It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump suggesting Black voters relate to his indictments prompts swift backlash

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Democrats are once again pointing out that Donald Trump is racist after he made comments suggesting that black voters will support him because like himself they know what it is like to be unfairly treated by the justice system.

Trump suggesting Black voters relate to his indictments prompts swift backlash

"Donald Trump claiming that Black Americans will support him because of his criminalcharges is insulting. It's moronic. And it's just plain racist," Cedric Richmond, a co-chair of Biden's reelection campaign, said in a statement.

"He thinks Black voters are so uninformed that we won't see through his shameless pandering," Richmond said.

The Democratic National Committee went after Trump, too, with a spokesperson saying in a statement that he is "showing Black voters exactly what he thinks of them - and his ideas to win them over are as corny and racist as he is."

ABC

Even Donald Trump's top republican rival is participating in criticising him for his racist remarks. Haley believes her larger base of support from Democrats and Independents will translate into a greater chance of winning the general election. However the question still remains whether or not Democrats will begin to accuse her of racism if she manages to beat Donald Trump in the primary.

Donald Trump's primary rival Nikki Haley was among those who quickly called out the former president's statements on Friday in which he suggested he has strengthened his appeal to Black Americans because, he claimed, they relate to his indictments -- remarks that were widely criticized.

"It's disgusting. But that's what happens when he goes off the teleprompter. That's the chaos that comes with Donald Trump. That's the offensiveness that's going to happen every day between now and the general election, which is why I continue to say Donald Trump cannot win a general election," Haley told ABC News' Rachel Scott while campaigning on Saturday.

The interesting aspect to Trump's racism is that his support among black voters is larger than any Republican presidential candidate in 50 years.

As Black Voters Drift to Trump, Biden’s Allies Say They Have Work to Do

New polls by The New York Times and Siena College found that 22 percent of Black voters in six of the most important battleground states said they would support former President Donald J. Trump in next year’s election, and 71 percent would back Mr. Biden.

The drift in support is striking, given that Mr. Trump won just 8 percent of Black voters nationally in 2020 and 6 percent in 2016, according to the Pew Research Center. A Republican presidential candidate has not won more than 12 percent of the Black vote in nearly half a century.

New York Times

So the question does remain ... are Black voters supporting the Republican front runner in numbers not seen for 50 years in part because they do know what it feels like to be unduly targeted by the justice system and are sympathetic?

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm not seeing this as racist at all. For decades it has been quite a thing to hear minorities of any race not just black, communicating their outrage about how the justice systems and police always targeting them more.

Of course the real racists in the MSM are going to jump all over this.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Not really racist, just a little out of touch. Since you know hes a old white billionaire. I'm just waiting for the day he compares himself to the likes of Nelson Mandela or Ghandi, or ... uhh I better stop there.

Let's reflect on another use of oddly choice words to make back Americans into a political football:

If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black

+16 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

There's video of six+ months of many black folks saying this exact thing...

Not to mention all the inner city people pissed off about their kid's schools and activity centers being shut down to house illegals.

This is just democrat panic about losing the black and Hispanic vote.
edit on 25-2-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
I'm not seeing this as racist at all. For decades it has been quite a thing to hear minorities of any race not just black, communicating their outrage about how the justice systems and police always targeting them more.

Of course the real racists in the MSM are going to jump all over this.

You commented exactly what I was coming here to say.

Not racist at all, just a reality.

Funny that most places in America that profile minorities are Democratic strongholds...

So yea, the MSN will make hay with it.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Not really racist, just a little out of touch. Since you know hes a old white billionaire. I'm just waiting for the day he compares himself to the likes of Nelson Mandela or Ghandi, or ... uhh I better stop there.

Let's reflect on another use of oddly choice words to make back Americans into a political football:

If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black

I would point out that politically you are a little out of touch with Trump and minority voters...

But I'm a minority voter, so what would I know about the topic.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Maybe.

Or it could be the influx of illegals encroaching on their share of welfare turf. They know they are being edged out. Or at least someone should tell them that's the case, but they seem aware.
edit on 25-2-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He pisses off the government he must be doing something good for us

Aside from the anti trump types most people believe Trump's charges are politically motivated that definitely resonates with people who have been unfairly targeted

But to fully understand u have to look a little deeper with socal media and the Internet alot more people know the past of both sides of the government and are not happy

edit on 25-2-2024 by Markovian2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You arent black if my memory serves me right... not saying you aren't a minority, but this is s topic specifically about the black vote.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Culture. The one thing that the Democrats can never understand. Except Obama. He used it all the way to the White House.

There is nothing racist in this. It is just the truth. As someone else mentioned it has been discussed especially the mug shot. Remember when that was going to be the end of his campaign?

He will pull more votes in 2024 than he did in either of his first two campaigns.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I'm just waiting for the day he compares himself to the likes of Nelson Mandela

Speaking of Nelson Mandela, didn't president Joe say he got arrested while trying to see him?
Oh yea...that never happened. He was lying.
edit on 25-2-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I'm finding it kinda funny how you're trying to make this onto a joe v trump thing, or im pro joe, when I made a quote from Joe's very own lips that makes him look like an ass towards the black population in the US.

Also, yea I'd imagine joe would make such a claim, he's a liar.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So the media wants to ignore why the dems are starting to lose the black vote? Their bad! Perception is key here and Trump is not completely wrong is he? Of course the liberal networks will bring on the blacks totally bought and paid for to dispute it. Roll out the red carpet here comes Rev AL again!!!! As has been pointed out the illegals are poaching resources away from the black community and imagine the black community is getting upset. Maybe it has something to do with seeing how quick they bussed them out of Martha's Vineyard, them pesky white liberals not wanting to sully their homes to those in need. Nope send them elsewhere and preferably to where there are more needy. It is basically the white libs telling everyone else shut up and let them eat cake.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The way Trump's argument comes across is: "Hey, I'm a thug because I'm in a lot of trouble with the law, so you thugs ought to vote for me." Basically, a way of calling black people thugs, without calling them thugs which--as near as I can tell--is the new and slightly more polite way of being condescending to black people than using the N-word.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I'm finding it kinda funny how you're trying to make this onto a joe v trump thing, or im pro joe, when I made a quote from Joe's very own lips that makes him look like an ass towards the black population in the US.

Also, yea I'd imagine joe would make such a claim, he's a liar.

I couldn't resist. I'm just really sick and tired of the double standards and hypocrisy of the dems. Anything and everything Trump says is racist. He could say "Hello, have a nice day", and they'd say it was racist. As if that wasn't enough, we have that shrieking harpy uber-RINO Nikki Haley opening her big mouth. And then, surprise, surprise...Al Sharpton shows up.

GO TRUMP!

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

The way Trump's argument comes across is: "Hey, I'm a thug because I'm in a lot of trouble with the law, so you thugs ought to vote for me." Basically, a way of calling black people thugs, without calling them thugs which--as near as I can tell--is the new and slightly more polite way of being condescending to black people than using the N-word.

Actually, what he did is told Black voters "Democrats have screwed you over for years. So why not vote for me? What do you have to lose?"

That was one of the reasons he won in 2016.

And under his administration Black Americans hit an all time high in employment.

All American minorities saw that.

But thanks for your weird projection post.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmSun, 25 Feb 2024 19:24:58 -060024 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Did Trump say black people were thugs?

...or did you?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

...or did you?

Boomer did...

Sometimes it just slips out and they don't understand it.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmSun, 25 Feb 2024 19:29:35 -060029 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

You didn't even read or listen to his actual comments, did you?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: JinMI

...or did you?

Boomer did...

Sometimes it just slips out and they don't understand it.

How embarrassing.

Well, if there was self awareness anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join