It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Why Files does Mysteries Beneath the Ice: The Secrets of Antarctica

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 01:20 AM
link   
2:06 to 5:31 runs the annoying Ad. This presentation talks about some of the conspiracies and mysteries surround Antarctica .

Mysteries Beneath the Ice: The Secrets of Antarctica

Rumors of UFOs and other strangeness in Antarctica go back a long time.

Operation Highjump arrived in 1946 with a heavily armed US Navy fleet. Their mission was to extend American sovereignty over Antarctica. The mission was supposed to take six months. Instead, it lasted six weeks.

The Operation ended because of poor weather. At least, that's the official report. Eyewitnesses said aggressive flying craft chasing the Navy out of the area.

In 1985, a medevac flight was forced over a "no-fly" zone near the South Pole. The crew saw a giant hole in the ice, as wide as a football field. When the crew returned to base, they were debriefed. Not by the Navy. By men in suits. One of the crewmen said they had the typical "DC look."

In the 1990s, Navy flight crews reported silver discs zipping over mountain peaks at impossible speeds. The crews were told to never speak of it.

In 2003, a Navy SEAL on a covert mission found an ancient structure protruding through the ice. It was made of something that wasn't quite metal but wasn't quite stone. It was warm to the touch. And on that structure was a door.

Since the launch of Google Earth, hundreds of images of tunnels and entrances have been found leading into the Antarctic ice - miles deep, including a perfectly circular hole a half-mile wide.

In 2018, scientists in Antarctica launched weather balloons to study cosmic rays coming from space and hitting the Earth. They found cosmic rays. as expected. But what they didn't expect: the cosmic rays were coming from "something" two miles underneath the ice.

There are witnesses who have seen things, heard things, and felt things that should not exist in Antarctica. Yet they do.

Whatever's down there, we're not supposed to know about it. But one thing's for sure, something very strange - and very important - is happening at the bottom of the world.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I bet you Sir David Attenborough knows.

Im sure I remember a few years ago a lot of top people had a meeting there
and Attenbourogh was one of them.

I cant find a link but will check out the video soon.

cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Love the Why Files watched them all.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
They get better and better

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

To be fair it sounds better coming from them.

Than the likes of Linda Moulton Howe.

Entertaining.

My boy wants a "Heckle Fish" thingamabob toy.
edit on 23-2-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The stupid fish bit drives me crazy. Especially the long, draw out laugh they do with it. It makes me cringe every time.
It’s the reason I don’t share the videos with friends like I normally would. Lately the fish shtick eats up the first 5 -10 minutes with a sales pitch. I don’t get as excited for a new episode now.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Texastruth2

Easy enough to just skip the sales pitch considering the graphics generally change.

As to Hekkle Fish, i imagine it is rather a love or hate affair.

Like i said to SprocketUK my kid loves him and wants the toy.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Thanks for posting. I'm going to watch this today.

I'm not a big Ancient Aliens fan, but I'll admit that it's entertaining.

They did a show on Antarctica. I don't know if it was fairly recent or an older rerun.

If even a fraction of what was presented was true....then whoa! OMG!

Looking forward to watching this Why Files episode.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I enjoyed the episode. I've learned to tune out the fish so it's not as grating.
For the story, I'd heard some of those accounts before. I was a little disheartened to see him using LMH content though. That really knocks it down the credibility ladder a lot for me.

Hey Linda! Stick to Cows or GTFO!

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I love the Why Files
This story is very reminiscent of Jerry Ahern’s book The Takers. An excellent story about an ancient star base under the ice in Antarctica.
See the link below.

speakingvolumes.mybigcommerce.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You really love to promote this guy and his silly fish, don't you?

2 reasons I don't particularly like the guy and his fish... his accent is very annoting and he talks to fast, the fish is just an annoyance and puts me off watching the videos!

If I could give the guy some advice, it would be to ditch the fish and speak slower... can't do much about the accent I guess.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sounds like the summary of a Charles Berlitz book - lots of sensational wow! stories all completely made up (or greatly exaggerated/misconstrued/quoted out of context)

But hey, it's manna for the sheeple.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Just downloaded the epub version.

Was looking for some new sci-fi.

Ta.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This. This is why I joined ATS!

Thanks for the recap, I'll try to watch the vid later. Star and flag from me.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 2/24/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hey, check out the Google News feed news.google.com (aggregate) today. 2024-02-24 9 am CST. There's at least 2 articles listed titled "Are There Really Pyramids in Antartica?" or something of that nature.

Highly suspicious given the timing of these "articles" to appear and the release of the latest episode of TWF, don't you think??

I skimmed one of the linked stories and it's going over a few of the ones presented in WTF ep and contains notes from a noted geologist (I doubt anybody tracks the names of Geologists so this could be anybody, lol) stating that they're just rock formations in the shape of a pyramid, a very common shape in nature.

It totally sent up red-flags for me though just the timing of it. Why would this even be considered news when the only people familar with the notion of possible ruins in Antartica are fringe researchers and online adventurers like us, who watch content that continuously asks questions that go against mainstream dogma.

What are they hiding?
edit on 24-2-2024 by Raptured because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raptured

I remember when I was a young man and even a kid we trusted the government and its institutions to speak the truth; we had faith in justice, and the American way ... It is amazing how things have changed over the years for many people of this world.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

What age are you 727Sky if you don't mind me asking?

It's just I'm 48 and I've never thought our government to be all that or trust them much.

Different sides of the pond all the same, so different strokes for different folks.

But I'm just trying to work out when or what era it is that you imagine things changed and/or when people choose to become less patriotic and start questioning everything our respective governments do.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
FYI - during one of the 4 hour chat/video sessions, AJ let it be known that there are a set of writers and he chooses the topic, edits for his own voice, fish jokes and that’s it for the week.

I listened to the Neanderthal episode a week before. If the topics seem to come up after news earlier in the week then that’s why! It’s still my favourite..

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I love heckle fish! Some of his jokes are Hella funny

top topics

<<   2 >>

join