It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checking on the status of the website

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSkepticGuy23

He was referencing the political environment on ATS and how the 2016 election changed the atmosphere. I just managed to see it before it was removed.

I'm not trying to get off topic either. Just some context on what he meant.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

As much as Simon used to get harassed, I genuinely don't see a NDA as a reg flag alone. ATS has attracted some real crazies over the years, so I understand wanting to be anonymous. I just don't think its possible in today's world.

From what I understand, the new ownership was pretty convincing at ensuring everyone that they genuinely cared about ATS. It's a shame that was a lie, but there's no shortage of con-men in the world. Anyone can be had.

23 years is a hell of a run though. I'm proud of that number, and I'm proud to have been a part of it then and now. The evolution of ATS is one of my favorite bits of life's nostalgia.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It wasnt politics that killed ATS, it was the new owner dropping the ball. Were all capable of scrolling past mudpit threds, we're not all capable of paying the hosting/domain.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
a reply to: yuppa

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's okay. Different people have different ways of dealing with stress......... and loss. We are all dealing with this thing -- this ATS meltdown thing -- in our own way.

As it turns out, I kind of took offense as you did in Zanti's abrupt announcement, however, look..... we're all in this together, yes? Zanti, apparently, wants us to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and deal with it like warriors. I have no problem with that. I have no problem with people gnashing their teeth or stamping their feet.

I think we deal with the possible meltdown of ATS in our own way, and we need to afford each other the grace to do so also. That is what I think.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Thank You Kind Sir .

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: theshadowknows

Hmm.......Here's an Idea . " Someone " with some " Pull " get in contact with Elon and Make a Pitch to him about " Maybe " getting him to make a Safe Investment in acquiring ATS . God Only Knows this Site could be a Great Outlet for his Personal Views on things Without having to answer to the Corporate Ghouls that Haunt him Every Day over the running of X . At Best , it would be a Great Tax Write Off come April 15th and his Inventive Tech Savvy could Turn this Site into a Real Great Place for Free Public Discourse On ALL Topics Again .

edit on 8-5-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Darko was Musk IMHO, look at some of Darkos posts where he doesnt even understand tinfoil 101 but thinks he just stumbled on the idea so its now his...

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I seriously doubt Musk would want to keep ATS as it has (mostly) been for all these years, someone that doesn't like criticisms is not the best person to understand what a discussion board is.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I really hope the lights stay on....I've spent twenty good years making sure the Intellegence Agencies have a comprehensive profile on my brand of weird.

I even pimped put my Profile Page with all the bells and whistles!

If we go dark I don't know how I'll start over.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I wouldn't worry about that. Lights on or no, if they ever wanted it, they'll have it forever.

😎

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Still here! Nice to see.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
In the greatest conspiracy of the millennium : the universe's premiere conspiracy theory website is wrangled from those that birthed it and loved it.

Bamboozled by swift-talking lawyers.

I want to thank all that birthed and maintained the site over those years.

It's just a bit sad that it all comes down to money, and lying lawyers.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

I just need a copy for my own records....but I have no idea how to scrape my contributions to print and file away in a binder on my shelves for people to find after my death.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I just need a copy for my own records....but I have no idea how to scrape my contributions to print and file away in a binder on my shelves for people to find after my death.

It's easy get a listing of your own posts. Once you do that, you can open each post and print it.

It's going to be a labor-intensive and time consuming process, but it can definitely be done.

If you're a prolific poster make sure you have plenty of paper and replacement ink nearby.

Let me know how you make out.

edit on 5/8/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I'm not super prolific, but it's twenty years worth.

I'm kind of on a tight budget, so I might just copy cut paste to a dedicated .pdf and print later.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

No need to cut and paste. If you are using Windows PC, you should have the option to print to pdf directly.

Right click a page and select print; the option should be present in the drop-down menu of available printers.

edit on 8/5/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Danke.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I'm not super prolific, but it's twenty years worth.

I'm kind of on a tight budget, so I might just copy cut paste to a dedicated .pdf and print later.

That's a good idea.

Keeps your options open.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

It's just a bit sad that it all comes down to money, and lying lawyers.

Why should today be different?

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Filed away at a NSA server farm somewhere in Utah.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theshadowknows

Under a dome beneath a mesa on Skinwalker Ranch.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join