It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska plans to send National Guard members to Mexico border in support of the federal government

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Did you miss this? I did too:

The state of Alaska is planning to send members of its National Guard south to the Mexican border, responding to an order from the federal government for assistance securing the international boundary.

According to the Alaska National Guard, 20 Guardsmen and two helicopters could be deployed as soon as late September. Exact mobilization dates will be determined by the secretary of defense and the Department of the Army.

Link

I don't think it's as dire as Tim Pool is characterizing in the video below. Yet there are quite a few correlations and analogs to our first civil war. Biden activating states National Guards in order to work against other states borders?

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

From the article it says 20 guardsman and 2 helicopter deployed as soon as September. It didn’t specify if it was Texas that would be the destination.

If they were planning on getting more footing for the fed, guardsman is a bad play, and Alaska no less. They’re one of the most autonomous and state loving out of the country. Doubt those boys would play ball.

Deploying normal military would be a horrible look, alphabet agencies would probably play ball.

I think Tim is just losing grip on his brand. He used to be a little more sensible but lately has been venturing into Jones like hyperbole.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think these kinds of actions warrant a close watch seeing as it's so close to the election. I have to wonder what else is being planned.....

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The details are as slim as the number of NG, granted.

Yet, and to Pool's point, this is the feds working against a state, even if in an adjacent manner.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
All this craziness is doing, is inspiring me to take a vacation down to Texas and see what all the fuss is about.

A bunch of nonsense about the Federal Government failing to do it's job, leading to Texas to do the Federal Government's job, which lead to the Federal Gov suing Texas over them doing their job, which was their job, and now trying to Order other states to help do the Federal Governments job of not doing their job that Texas is doing, which isn't really in the job description of the other states?

I wanna see. In person. With popcorn. And a chair.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video but a deployment in September is awfully suspicious. That sounds more like plotting/planning to subvert the November election than anything to do with the southern border.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yet, and to Pool's point, this is the feds working against a state, even if in an adjacent manner.

At this point I think the only reason the feds is pushing back is pride. They’re failing at their jobs to keep secure borders and a state is showing them up at efficacy and basically saying we don’t even need your help at this point.

I’d be shocked if this escalated anything past exchanged words in the public discourse.

There’s an undeniable crisis, and one of these two entities is making an effort. People notice that, even many in the left.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What a conflicting situation. Interesting though.

The state of Alaska is planning to send members of its National Guard south to the Mexican border, responding to an order from the federal government for assistance securing the international boundary.

***SNIP***

Part of that mission involves National Guardsmen called up from various states to support Customs and Border Protection officials. Between April 2018 and August 2020, as many as 2,579 National Guard members from 34 states and U.S. territories were sent by the DOD to the four border states, according to a Government Accountability Office report.

Since 2021, Texas’ government has been undertaking what it calls “Operation Lone Star,” a multibillion-dollar state military and police action along the Texas-Mexico border.

Gov. Greg Abbott, who launched the operation, has repeatedly said he believes that the federal government has deliberately degraded border security and that the state has no option but to reinforce the border itself.

So this initially began in 2018 and it's being extended???? Is that it? The situation is completely different. Good griefers. What a fluster cuck. Has the agenda changed? How does Operation Lone Star affect it? I'm a bit confused.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Always the rosey outlook.

The question is, has been, keeping along this trajectory, who backs down first?

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The question is, has been, keeping along this trajectory, who backs down first?

Feds for sure.

Abbott wins in either outcome. He makes the Feds back down or they force him to stop which is still a political win.

Politically the only entity that has something to lose is Biden, and that’s only if the Feds continue. It’s not like he has a large portion of his base ready to die on the hill of allowing millions of illegals. Hyperbole aside, he’s about as status quo as politicians get. Aside from some diversity hires he doesn’t really strike me as super progressive or against the norm.

Plus, for those who are honest about empathizing with migrants, even they know there’s a lot of exploitation on the path to get here only to work for a fraction of the cost and have poor living conditions.

The real debate over migration that’s actually a wedge issue is who should have asylum, and the amount of legal immigrants should come in each year. The ones who pander to illegals are a minority and most are far far away from the border.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Your assertion is predicated on Biden fearing a loss though.

As usual, we mostly agree however.

The immigration process is broke as is the asylum process. So the govt solution is just to open it up. A capitulation that clearly benefits the govt....

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

There shouldn’t be any sort of mechanism to seek asylum for economic reasons. That’s the key problem, I’d venture to guess a vast majority claiming asylum are purely looking for a better economic outcome.

And while I could appreciate someone trying to better their families position, that’s just now how asylum works, and it clogs the system for people truly running for their lives.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

There shouldn’t be any sort of mechanism to seek asylum for economic reasons. That’s the key problem, I’d venture to guess a vast majority claiming asylum are purely looking for a better economic outcome.

And while I could appreciate someone trying to better their families position, that’s just now how asylum works, and it clogs the system for people truly running for their lives.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Another added effect is the lies and fraud used by "asylum seekers" as is evidenced by the mounds of fake passports left at the border as well as illegal immigrants from Africa and China.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Alaska plans to send National Guard members to Mexico border in support of the federal government

Perhaps this time it will be US forces in to clean up the cartels' human smuggling biz. Pandoras Box....
edit on 5-2-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Why would the US govt clean up the biz that they are desperately trying to keep going?

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A lot can change before September

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
alaska better keep their national guard at home. they may need them when ol farty decides to take back alaska.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered a government unit to search for real estate abroad that belonged to the Soviet Union and even the Russian Empire, the state news agency TASS reported on January 19.

Putin is trying to track down overseas properties that the Soviet Union owned and stake claims on them

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I’m not too worried about their Saber rattling on Alaska. They don’t even have an aircraft carrier at the moment and can’t even move the frontlines with a neighbor that has less than a third of their population.

Russia wouldn’t be able to project quick enough. We bombed three countries in the Middle East with planes that took off from the states in the same night.

Not to mention if they did anything in Alaska, it’s not only us they’d have to contend with (which they can’t) but the full force of NATO.

He was stirring the pot. Best reaction to stuff like that is no public reaction IMO. Make some preparations to play it safe but keep it private.

All that said, 20 guardsman and two helicopters aren’t enough to tip the scale.

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So Pool brings up a scenario. (if not in the video then in a past one)

Say, the Alaskan NG heads down to the border in AZ. Near Texas. And there is some non violent, hell lets even call it passive aggressive tit for tat.

Could Biden use the insurrection act?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join