It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relationships with inhabitants of Celestial Bodies a classic controversial document revisited

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: quintessentone

More correctly, it looks like you thought the same as the people that wrote that page, as the document doesn't say "Gray".

Well it stands to reason, doesn't it? If you look at the bottom remarks by the proofreaders, the President is mentioned, so it's not a large leap to figure out that the Gordon mentioned may have been someone close to the President at that time.
edit on q00000000131America/Chicago2727America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Btw… I can’t find the bookmark of the source where I downloaded it in pdf form. At some point I might find it.
👽

This is one possibility.

And I found an old ATS thread about it, here.

Edited to add that on that site they talk about the initials at the end being from Vannevar Bush.

The Wikipedia page about Vannevar Bush has an image with his signature.

If we look at Vaneevar Bush's signature it matches the initials on the document. I'm positive it is him.

www.ebay.ca...:g:i58AAOSwlf5liy~D&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwFU8hWdhvOWir3kepbYMlzgTLP1xiOrF%2FPYewcmAQU3TPYNtJBJ KGCT%2Fw17Wsf5LiA%2FiQ0NvR9uIp9XzReMA8CLoyAoNkTzmvouClaKcVYlPCI8jdluI3v3FiCwJLnHtlczX2eQPlsn7foWq4sQpZh65ZJ5otXkLkDg%2B3qTOf17Q0Rmj58GtA9SIAHQ54pncIOp x9nkWh2jEsHt6vvbLVAr4DK%2BKZEgzapHRqP4jjUv71nBaLHyRt1iyo2mg1RZM0A%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-SSrMecYw

edit on q00000012131America/Chicago0202America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Btw… I can’t find the bookmark of the source where I downloaded it in pdf form. At some point I might find it.
👽

This is one possibility.

Edited to add that on that site they talk about the initials at the end being from Vannevar Bush.

If we look at Vaneevar Bush's signature it matches the initials on the document. I'm positive it is him.

www.ebay.ca...:g:i58AAOSwlf5liy~D&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwFU8hWdhvOWir3kepbYMlzgTLP1xiOrF%2FPYewcmAQU3TPYNtJBJ KGCT%2Fw17Wsf5LiA%2FiQ0NvR9uIp9XzReMA8CLoyAoNkTzmvouClaKcVYlPCI8jdluI3v3FiCwJLnHtlczX2eQPlsn7foWq4sQpZh65ZJ5otXkLkDg%2B3qTOf17Q0Rmj58GtA9SIAHQ54pncIOp x9nkWh2jEsHt6vvbLVAr4DK%2BKZEgzapHRqP4jjUv71nBaLHyRt1iyo2mg1RZM0A%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR-SSrMecYw

You WIN!!! .. Q

Exact match! In overall closeness….

I’ve seen Vannevar Bush named in other UFO related docs somewhere ….

But Q you nailed it!

🍾🍻🥂

Thx!

So ……now we have

George C. Marshall
Vannever Bush

Q……re-read my post a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I think Lincoln Gordon is the best candidate as pointed out by BernieJGato….and then the additional link I provide mentioning Lincoln Gordon, and Oppenheimer.

(We can now dismiss Vincent Barnett as a possible candidate based on your excellent find!)

He was iffy for me based on the initials which needed better scrutiny…..which you did.

Now I remember

Among the names who appear as original members of MJ-12: Rear Adm. Roscoe Hillenkoetter, first director of the CIA; Dr. Vannevar Bush, who headed the wartime Office of Scientific Research and Development; and James Forrestal, secretary of defense.

👽
edit on 7-1-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Glad I could help, but reread the proofreaders' note at the bottom of the document, to me, the context is all about whether of not to discuss the writing with the President, and Marshall rebuffed the idea of it being discussed with the President, and then Gordon agrees.

I'll hold off on which Gordon it is for now.
edit on q00000001131America/Chicago1515America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I added a paragraph to my previous post at the bottom….

😉

👽

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I added a paragraph to my previous post at the bottom….

😉

👽

Yup, I did a quick scan of his career, he was dabbling in everything.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   
On the flip side……if thought of as a hoax….one could say that the hoaxter sought to find a Vannevar Bush signature which had Vannevar’s lettering style….perhaps finding the very book cover of the 1949 book “Modern Arms and Free Men by Vannevar Bush Signed first edition, first printing” in which his signature is not only imprinted on the cover but also as a (free hand actually inked) “signed” copy….

…..and practiced writing the letters for the initials….ultimately forging them onto the Einstein/ Oppenheimer document proofreader’s statement.

That’s the skeptic side of me……heh heh heh

👽

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

👽

This is one possibility.

Wow ArMaP! I totally skipped by your post…..your link contained the clue to answer my search about the “who” was VB..after all.

Thx to you and Q

🥂

👽

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

It's interesting how much that's been consigned to the hoax bin that now seems to fit the bigger picture. MH370 anyone? (Honestly I had put that to bed myself, back on the fence)

I agree….the hoax bin of documents should be re-examined from time time to see if there are relevancies to the newer changing dynamics and possible revelations of UFOlogy.

There’s one other document I’ll be posting, new thread, from my archive….to be re-scrutinized …..if anything, just for the mental exercising fun of it….

👽

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That's where I got VB's name from it's just I went searching on the internet instead of going to the ATS thread. I wanted to match his initials format with his hand writing. Kudos go to ArMaP for sure.
edit on q00000033131America/Chicago5757America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join