It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will DEI Survive the Scrutiny?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It’s a new year, and already promising to be an interesting and satisfying one for all who are disgusted by the open corruption of those in leadership positions across nearly all sectors of public life (government, healthcare, education, military, journalism).

In a delicious turn of events, Harvard University, which has been openly discriminating against Asian, White, and Jewish students, has found itself enmeshed in quite the tangled web. Their DEI hire president, beholden to the rabid far-left, was unable to say that calling for the genocide of Jews violated Harvard’s code of conduct. This refusal to state the obvious and only correct answer led to an understandable uproar and also precipitated a closer look into President Gay’s work and character.

Believe it or not, President Gay’s work and character are far from exemplary. It turns out that hiring a person based on fixed external characteristics is a bad idea. Claudine Gay stole others’ academic work word for word and put her name on it. We had a word for this in the academic world until recently--plagiarism. Harvard has recently changed the term to “duplicative language” because a direct word that has a specific meaning like “plagiarism” is problematic and discriminatory to the integrity-challenged.

If Claudine Gay had had an ounce of integrity, she would have resigned as soon as the bulk of her work was proven to be lifted from others with no attribution. Gay finally resigned citing racism as the impetus, with no mention of her lack of academic integrity in relation to her position among the highest ranks of academia. Of course, when you are hired based on your race and not merit, the only logical reason you would be fired would be for race, not lack of merit. The Harvard Corporation who had hired Gay did their best to intimidate those who threatened to expose their shoddy DEI hire and hide and obscure the facts. Please read this lengthy but brilliant opinion piece by Bill Ackman, Harvard alumni and billionaire donor for more details about the incestuous nature of DEI.
twitter.com...

In an act of good faith toward their pursuit of truth and free speech and ideas, Harvard has disabled the comment section for all their recent posts on X.
twitter.com...
edit on 3-1-2024 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
If Claudine Gay had had an ounce of integrity, she would have resigned as soon as the bulk of her work was proven to be lifted from others with no attribution.

I do agree with this statement, to a degree.

But, if she had had any integrity at all, she would not have taken the job at all, all the while knowing she had plagiarized and knowing that the only reason she was hired for the job was for the color of her skin.

All entities are starting to realize how much of a cluster F this DEI bs has turned into. Sadly, for them, they realized it too late. The damage is done and we have entire generations believing that they are superior to others simply because they got accepted into "X", hired on at "X", or won "X" scholarship due to them being a POC.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

The link I posted also brought up the fact that Gay was most likely chosen over more qualified Black candidates due to her work in the DEI field itself.

Again, very incestuous situation going on at Harvard.

It is demoralizing and insulting to competent people of all races.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The damage is done 

Precisely. Tens of thousands have graduated with degrees in DEI and will infiltrate the curriculum into the Public schools across the nation. DEI is a self-perpetuating industry.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

DEI is a plague that is, and will, kill this country.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

DEI is legitimizing racism.

It's making racism normalized.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

I do agree with this statement, to a degree.

But, if she had had any integrity at all, she would not have taken the job at all, all the while knowing she had plagiarized and knowing that the only reason she was hired for the job was for the color of her skin.

What I find more concerning is that she would plagiarized at all. I’m sure she has done it her whole life too and not only when discovered. The problem is that the expectation of the Harvard president would be someone extremely capable with a high IQ that could with ease create their own opinions with a high level of skill, and not be what we might see in a community college lowbrow degree program.

We saw this with Biden who was removed as a Presidential candidate for the same thing of a life time of stealing others thoughts and making them his own.

Boy, how times have changed

edit on x31Wed, 03 Jan 2024 11:34:42 -060020242America/ChicagoWed, 03 Jan 2024 11:34:42 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No, it's a plague that HAS killed this country, along with open borders.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   

They have to much invested into DEI. They will rename it, rebrand it, and resell it as many times as they need to until its complete. None of the major companies are shifting away from it. In fact they are doubling down on it. Like the new femi nazi that was put in charge of star wars and many others that continue to push unpopular woke stuff on the consumer.

There is a reason why MEGA Corporations are choosing faux idealism over money and profit. The reason is because they are wanting to transfer us from a monetary system to a social credit system where they will have complete control over us. You will also "own nothing and be happy" so you will always be indebted to them. Hence they are trying to destroy this country and many countries overseas with rampant uncontrolled immigration, inflation, and blackrock ownership.

It makes it more difficult to escape from a social credit system than a monetary system because nobody will have wealth and you have to cooperate or you wont get your food and living rations.

Wealth gives you fck you money and freedom, they don't want that for the masses. They don't want a Trump,Elon, or your average millionaire to not play along with the narrative.

In a social credit system. Elon and Trump would have to play along to get their daily food ration and permissions to access and acquire goods and services.

This election is our fork on the road on where we are heading.
edit on 29131America/ChicagoWed, 03 Jan 2024 12:29:41 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   
These are all really interesting and astute comments so far; thank you all.

I was inclined to take up an argument based in optimism that the racist, crippling, and demoralizing DEI theory and practice is untenable and that is seeing the beginning of its end, but having read the above comment I might have to concede before I even try.

We've seen plenty of evidence of the push toward and inevitability of social credit, UBI, loss of private property. Canada proved that they will shut down the bank accounts of dissenters (the Great Honkening).

It's looking grim and only because we continue to play the game.

edit on 3-1-2024 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

It's quite sad. The KKK and DEI are mostly the same thing with different groups, but a lot of people support DEI as a good thing.

I find them both equally bad.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
DEI is worse than giving dumbass athlete's a full ride to play football and pay other students to do his class work. That's also plagiarism.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A person who steals or takes credit for someone else's work, should not be president of any university and especially a university like Harvard.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 1/3/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Cvastar

you act as if state legislators cannot combat DEI , Florida has done just that. Perhaps complaining states' citizens should start electing better leaders?? Oh what is that I hear you want to say? LOL ROFL for believing elections matter?? Well clearly they do, if the state of Florida had such a radical change in leadership through ... elections !

People need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and remember their civic duties as American citizens! If one feels so defeated they no longer believe they can change anything, they should probably just roll over and die now. Retired or recently graduated, fat or skinny, short and tall, everyone must accept the call! Do your civic duty, and vote in every election you can do so legally!

People used to take these responsibilities more seriously before digital media began to distract the human mind from the encroaching threat of subversives in our government.

Best way to kill DEI in your state, is to elect leaders with the balls to defund and ban such racism promoting agendas.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:12 AM
link   

It’s to the point in time when we forgot about the cherry tree being chopped down. S/F

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Oh boy, Claudine Gay has more to say on the subject. She wrote an opinion piece titled "Claudine Gay: What Just Happened at Harvard Is Bigger Than Me" which was really 4 pages about her.
www.nytimes.com...
A few highlights:

My hope is that by stepping down I will deny demagogues the opportunity to further weaponize my presidency in their campaign to undermine the ideals animating Harvard since its founding: excellence, openness, independence, truth.

Here she is, setting herself up for martyrdom, all while using the term "demagogue" for the journalist who raised awareness of her academic failures. Demagogue refers to leaders who gain support by appealing to prejudice and emotion rather than logic, which gives her just the opportunity she needs to lay down that well worn race card (which, sure enough, she does!).

The next paragraph is rife with military terms: campaign, skirmish, war, attacks, propaganda, fall victim, coordinated attempts, single victory, toppled leader. It also attributes to Gay's accusers the very strategy used by DEI:

This was merely a single skirmish in a broader war to unravel public faith in pillars of American society. Campaigns of this kind often start with attacks on education and expertise, because these are the tools that best equip communities to see through propaganda

Finally we get to a point in the article where Claudine Gay gives a lukewarm admission to some personal responsibility in the matter. I'll quote it in full here so you can judge for yourself if she is owning up to her role in the matter:

Yes, I made mistakes. In my initial response to the atrocities of Oct. 7, I should have stated more forcefully what all people of good conscience know: Hamas is a terrorist organization that seeks to eradicate the Jewish state. And at a congressional hearing last month, I fell into a well-laid trap. I neglected to clearly articulate that calls for the genocide of Jewish people are abhorrent and unacceptable and that I would use every tool at my disposal to protect students from that kind of hate.

No accountability, lol. She blames Congressional hearing debacle on "a well-laid trap." She claims to have "neglected to clearly articulate" an answer to Elise Stefanik's clear and articulate question: "does calling for the genocide of Jews violate Harvard's code of conduct or rules regarding bullying and harassment, yes or no?"

Next paragraph tries to justify plagiarism with mealy-mouthed words such as:

some material duplicated other scholars’ language, without proper attribution

Next one contains a direct lie stating she had:

never misrepresented my research findings, nor have I ever claimed credit for the research of others

Plagiarism, or if Ms Gay prefers, duplicated language, is exactly that: claiming credit for the research of others.

There's more, but I have more pressing matters for now

ETA: Ms Gay might check this post if she wants to learn how to correctly attribute duplicated language, lol

edit on 4-1-2024 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

edit on 4-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the short answer is DEI along with other 'woke-ism's' are elitist jargon.... woke is modernized elite speak for 'Master Race'
edit on 4-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

If Claudine Gay had had an ounce of integrity, she would have resigned as soon as the bulk of her work was proven to be lifted from others with no attribution.

She should've resigned right after her congressional testimony.

These kinds of people don't have any integrity though. In fact, they value those with a lack of integrity. They specifically want people who are so fanatically dedicated to the ideology that they're willing to lie, cheat, even get people killed, to advance the ideology.

DEI will survive, I'm afraid. I think it's too broadly ingrained to combat at this point. DEI is why you have brainless college kids marching for the genocide of Jews. They're literally supporting Islamic terrorists who hate every single pet demographic these kids claim to cherish--they oppress women, they hate gays, they hate other races, you name it. But these kids are so brainwashed they will support it because they're been told to. They are flat-out incapable of thinking for themselves, and they're the future.

It's pervasive. Exposing it isn't going to be enough. You need serious action against it, like worldstarcountry pointed out has been done in Florida. But it's too little too late if you ask me. The time to fight this war of ideas was a generation ago.
edit on 4-1-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join