It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life as a simulation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: quintessentone
The belief that they are separate fields is a belief and they may not be separate at all, but that is another topic.

May not be?

Pretty sure you can prove that so, other topic or not why bring it up?

I bring it up only to answer your posts to me.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

But it doesn't answer anything.

Besides I wasn't even talking to you when you replied with:

Some scientists have merged both lanes into a new lane, why limit oneself?

Which wasn't even true.

You posted a video of how someone can work in one field and still have a connection to the other.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

But it doesn't answer anything.

Besides I wasn't even talking to you when you replied with:

Which wasn't even true.

You posted a video of how someone can work in one field and still have a connection to the other.

The same applies to you when I was talking to the author of this thread and you replied to me, what's your point, that's what members do here.

Well it's obvious you keep missing my points here, so let's end this with you do you and I'll do me within the whole aether and physical reality in which we find ourselves.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The same applies to you when I was talking to the author of this thread and you replied to me, what's your point, that's what members do here.

The difference is that I didn't act like I was not butting in, I know I was.

Well it's obvious you keep missing my points here, so let's end this with you do you and I'll do me within the whole aether and physical reality in which we find ourselves.

That's because you don't back them up.

The video doesn't show this, it just shows someone entertaining both ideas but it doesn't show them addressing them as one.

Going to war as cannon fodder is having blinders on. Sheeple leading sheeple, never progressing to higher planes of consciousness.

You can't prove that, nobody can.

that there must be something better out there not here. Like maybe in the next life? No thanks I'll start now.

Yeah, you are nothing but rainbows, marshmallows and unicorn farts.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The difference is that I didn't act like I was not butting in, I know I was.

That's because you don't back them up.

The video doesn't show this, it just shows someone entertaining both ideas but it doesn't show them addressing them as one.

Going to war as cannon fodder is having blinders on. Sheeple leading sheeple, never progressing to higher planes of consciousness.

You can't prove that, nobody can.

that there must be something better out there not here. Like maybe in the next life? No thanks I'll start now.

Yeah, you are nothing but rainbows, marshmallows and unicorn farts.

Please end this nonsense it's beneath both of us.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dust2023
a reply to: ksihkahe

So could we exist also in an "ether" for lack of a better description? To understand or to use something quantum from our current perspective - if actually possible - would mean that we have powers we cannot yet imagine but need to develop more tools to acquire that possibility.

Or, as much ancient philosophy and religion seems to point that some of these prospects may have already been known via meditation or other methods to at least get a glimpse into that "machinary".

I am barely even arm chair about these things, so if I sound dull in regard to the discussion please understand me as a child in this subject if not an infant.

Yes, that is what I have been trying to convey here with no success so far. That we have only glimpses of the different planes of reality that some of us can experience while others can never experience. Is that due to having a closed mind or closed belief system, who knows? I hope you come back to the discussion OP.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Please end this nonsense it's beneath both of us.

I think it is above yours, but this is my level, which makes me wonder what made you start it.

I actually liked your original post in the thread and thought I might share some ideas from someone who is considered an expert in the field. By the looks of it you took it the wrong way.

When andy kept going on about discussing different topics, scientific and religious, I said people, even if they have a dog in both fights, adjust their demeanor to match the audience. That might be the best way to approach it, discuss science in a scientific manner and esoteric topics esoterically.

In other words, when I'm over on copperton's thread about the noah story being real, I go all sciencey, because they are claiming it was real and science proves it.

Here we are discussing something science currently can't even begin to explain. Here my tone is esoteric, leaving room for big "what ifs".

Your "what ifs" don't even offend me, I'm discussing the topic in that manner.
edit on 6-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Fair enough but I think I'm more on the author's wave length or quantum wave.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I guess you didn't catch the contradiction in the post you quoted:

...we have powers we cannot yet imagine but need to develop more tools to acquire that possibility.

If we have the powers, what tools would be needed to acquire the possibility?

How about this: we have powers we cannot yet imagine but need to develop more tools to use them correctly?

Here is an idea for you, if someone lives dozens or maybe hundreds of lives as a pauper, would that make them a better king?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

...we have powers we cannot yet imagine but need to develop more tools to acquire that possibility.

If we have the powers, what tools would be needed to acquire the possibility?

How about this: we have powers we cannot yet imagine but need to develop more tools to use them correctly?

Here is an idea for you, if someone lives dozens or maybe hundreds of lives as a pauper, would that make them a better king?

That is the author's question so hopefully they will return to answer you.

As for contradicting myself, all through this it's always been about the quantum, you just missed it.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

But you said you were on the "author's wave length or quantum wave" so I asked, what is your take?

As for contradicting myself, all through this it's always been about the quantum, you just missed it.

I never said you contradicted yourself, I said the quote contradicts itself.

What is it with you thinking every other post I make is an attack against you?

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

But you said you were on the "author's wave length or quantum wave" so I asked, what is your take?

I never said you contradicted yourself, I said the quote contradicts itself.

What is it with you thinking every other post I make is an attack against you?

No our signals are crossed for some reason, so it's best we just take a break.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
No way, this is going to continue until one of us dies!!!

Just kidding, I don't know what it is, but OP started off with this isn't a simulation. I don't think that is your quantum wave.

Then that quote was all, maybe if we exist outside the simulation and we got powers but we need to develop tools to get those powers....

And I'm like, no, if we have them we don't need to develop tools to get them, maybe we need to learn to use them properly. Remember big "what ifs".

Now, the "attack" thing,
1. I don't follow others' paths (nobody said you should)
2. "So you think others are dense..."
3. "You just insulted those..."
4. I never said either can prove anything (nobody said you did)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I starred your post.

Okay, until death, let's go.

From the OPs post:

So could we exist also in an "ether" for lack of a better description? To understand or to use something quantum from our current perspective - if actually possible - would mean that we have powers we cannot yet imagine but need to develop more tools to acquire that possibility.

The aether, which some might think the video gamish matrix (spooky action close up?), and which others may think is out there (spooky action at a distance where they need to travel to because that's their belief that they must travel there?).

Maybe the spooky action is quantum speaking in both places at once. We are everywhere and nowhere all at once.

Why try to go anywhere when we are already there?

Who said the kingdom of God is within you? Is the God particle within you?

You see I don't have the answers only more questions.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes but the original post in the thread by the op said:

So, basically we are all in a complex video game in their minds.

Not the op's mind, other people's minds.

And the end:

I see absolutely no real evidence that our lives are just a really big and complex video game.

Someone show me how I am incorrect please.

So while in that later post they may have started to entertain the idea of "also" existing somewhere else, avatar/tron/matrix, that wasn't the original quantum wave of the thread.

What stumps me is that Monroe's theory says the same thing. Other than some lives being crappy, which I think is what set you off, it's the same premise, you are there, you log on here and experience 3D (4D, if you include time) and experience what it means to be [insert all possible human feelings here].

Then you log off and say, I get it, and never log on again or you say, I only have more questions and log on over and until you can say, I get it.

That is it.

edit on 6-1-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Nobody gets it, that's the point.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

No, the point is OP opened a discussion about it.

Some of us shared what we could.

Nobody gets it, is your belief. (See what I did there?)

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No, the point is OP opened a discussion about it.

Some of us shared what we could.

Nobody gets it, is your belief. (See what I did there?)

I shared my beliefs too, so what? It gets us nowhere in furthering our understanding of whether we are in a matrix or not.

We all hold on to our own beliefs and that's all we can do - except maybe try to enjoy the ride.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I shared my beliefs too, so what? It gets us nowhere in furthering our understanding of whether we are in a matrix or not.

We all hold on to our own beliefs and that's all we can do - except maybe try to enjoy the ride.

And if we don't? Seems to me your point was that that would be a waste of time, but other than fairy tales I have yet to see anyone ascend.

posted on Jan, 6 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

And if we don't? Seems to me your point was that that would be a waste of time, but other than fairy tales I have yet to see anyone ascend.

It's never a waste of time to enjoy the moment or to change your life so that you can enjoy it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join