It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A close encounter.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was driving down i86 in the buck of the woods, on higher than sea level terrain. About a 1500 feet elavation, assumed, as I drive through regularly. I gazed at the stars through the clear sky's and ocean of stars. I noticed a cluster of stars in a straight line. First, I assumed it was the SpaceX satellites then realized it was too close to each other. The lights were moving fast. Entering the atmosphere without a trace of burn. As though the leading light created a tunnel or aerodynamics for the trailing vessels/lights. As it silently fly closer and closer, until it was right over my head. In the pitch black, the colors of the lights were strange. The presence was obvious and excitement overtook me. I snapped this initial photo while it was above me. This first photo seems blurred and the colors exaggerated, seemingly, while taken on "Night Mode" settings. However, I believe the setting reveals the true nature of intensity in the pitch black environment. These pictures were not zoomed in at all. As it may seem further away than in actual person.

Search "Line UAP" on YouTube as many have seen this anomaly and commented they saw it. I doubt it was as close as my encounter.

I pulled over on the highway and tried to snap multiple pics, but it was moving too fast. I felt the presence but heard no sounds. It vanished in a split second, having me look all around and wondering where and how the hell it disappeared so quickly, regretting not taking more photos of the blank sky to see what my camera captures. I assumed my second photo was a failure, but boy was i wrong. I initially disregarded it from the excitement of my experience. Later that night, I took a look at the photo and was shocked to see a space ship, UAP drones and other structures that perhaps enhances cloaking abilities (my radical guess). Well here is the money shot that almost made me pee and poo at the same time lol. Again, I was on high elevation and the camera was not zoomed in at all. It was close indeed. I hope I'm uploading this correctly so you're able to zoom in on the photo to see multiple space crafts. I assume the formation of the Line UAP was disbanded as it as reached its destination. Then this photo was taken.....

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Unwokenone

In which direction were the objects moving? If moving directly east, it probably was Musk's satellites. You state that the objects moved such and such and then say it lasted only a split second. Can you explain the drastic difference?

The second image bears little relationship to the first. What is the connection of the two?

A "close encounter" usually is just that, not a distant, in the sky visual sighting.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus

In which direction were the objects moving? If moving directly east, it probably was Musk's satellites. You state that the objects moved such and such and then say it lasted only a split second. Can you explain the drastic difference?

The second image bears little relationship to the first. What is the connection of the two?

A "close encounter" usually is just that, not a distant, in the sky visual sighting.

It was going east, but it absolutely was not satellites. Like I said, they came into our atmosphere and flew over my head. They were a speck of light when I first noticed and it gradually grew enormous as it came closer. If there were clouds, it would have been underneath it.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The second picture is confusing. It wasn't taken through glass or anything? Same as the first from on the side of the highway?

There's a greenish fog it looks like. Was that visible to you at the time?

How much do you remember seeing with the naked eye? I'm sure if it was moving fast it was hard to take it all in, but I'm wondering if you noticed anything that would explain some of the more abstract parts. There's like almost a smoke cloud. There's that solid bar running down the side, but It almost looks like there are odd shapes obscured by it too.

I'm not familiar with the exact function of night mode and how it achieves that goal. Somebody may know what would cause some of the strange parts specifically pertaining to the abstract stuff. I don't know if night mode increases exposure time or what, but it certainly seems to pick up those spots really well as far as being pretty crisp. People are probably going to ask for specs on that camera or phone too. There may be ways to enhance the stuff that's hard to see.

Considering most pictures I've seen are zoomed in and often suffer digital effects from it, I think the photo sleuths will have a lot to work with here. The craft don't look like any I'm familiar with, but I've not really followed that closely. One looks almost like a triangular type, but it's hard for me to tell.

Interesting pictures. I'm not anywhere near competent to analyze them, but it's cool. I'm curious about that greenish fog though, if you recall anything about it. If it moved with the craft, if it disappeared, if you could even see it?

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

What about photo #2 made you almost go to the bathroom on yourself? What are we looking at, in your opinion?

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   

It is unlikely that you can see some unknown objects for a "split second" and know much about their altitude and therefore, velocity.

You have not explained anything about the second image, so you are leaving us hanging here on what scared you so bad in a "split second" but yet you had time to get your camera/phone on and into position (in the car?) to take two, at least, images.

edit on 31-12-2023 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Could you give us the EXIF data from the photos, so we can get a better idea of how things were?

Looking at both photos it looks like a relatively long exposure time was used (that's why we see only lines and not points of light).

The second photo appears to have an even longer exposure time, creating longer lines.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Taking pictures in nigh mode require to hold the camera still when doing so.
There are photo streaks all over those photos not much to see

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Hi Unwokenone and welcome to ATS.

I was excited about your experience and anxious to see the photos. I was even going to ask you to provide the raw images from the phone, as I'm sure you had to shrink them to under 2Mb, being the image upload requirements for ATS.

Unfortunately, as ksihkahe, ArMaP and Spacespider1111 mentioned we would need more info about the phone, however, we may have a big problem with analysing the images.

From the moment you mentioned night mode then I don't think we'll ever see what you witnessed. Night mode is a great feature, but it works in such a way that moving objects just can't be captured with any semblance to reality.

The camera works a bit like normal HDR mode, taking a series of 'bracketed' shots at various exposures. That's fine and is a technique from the old 35mm SLR days. It's what happens afterwards that is the plague of any meaningful research. The phone uses AI to enhance and discern what was being photographed. From that point on, any picture that's rendered diverges from what you saw.

Also, the fact that you appear to have taken the pics from Inside your car, brings up the problem of internal reflections and refraction through the glass, especially windshields which are curved. In fact, I believe I can see your own reflection in the second picture.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I'm afraid what you really witnessed that night is something that will remain the preserve of your mind.

There are a lot more qualified people here than me, so let's hope others have better luck with unravelling this mystery.

edit on 31/12/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

As I mentioned I'm not really knowledgeable enough to give an analysis, but the streaking caused by long exposure doesn't appear uniform to me. While I accept that long exposure time explains some of the effects, I don't think it explains them all by any stretch. I'm focusing on the second image as the first has very little to work with going for the naked eye. I'd expect some enhancements and contrast would show more. From the OP is seems the images were taken outside the car, but I'm hoping they clarify. Some light source inside a vehicle would seem to explain many of the strange parts, but OP can fill us in.

Unless the camera uses AI on distinct parts of the picture independently, I still don't see how such directional streaking could appear to not move in the same directions.

The object just left of the center doesn't appear very distorted to me. Is it possible the camera was moving with that object resulting in a clearer picture of it, but resulting in the other artifacts? I don't understand how an extended exposure time explains all of the image, but to me there doesn't seem to be much about that particular craft that is distorted.

Stationary objects should share a similar pattern of movement over long exposure, no?

I don't really need photos to confirm existence of exotic craft for my own belief, but additional data is always good. I'm fairly convinced already as we've known that our government has exotic craft for some time. They eventually became open secrets, then not secrets. The more interesting craft, I believe, are not ours and likely can't be photographed in a meaningful way. The green fog is interesting due to these alleged dimensional "craft" causing temporal interference in our universe.

I hope between the OP's experience in the moment and some skilled photo analysis we can determine what is artifect, what are real objects, and what remains unexplained.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm curious if your dash lights are green or is that green northern lights.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe

The object just left of the center doesn't appear very distorted to me. Is it possible the camera was moving with that object resulting in a clearer picture of it, but resulting in the other artifacts? I don't understand how an extended exposure time explains all of the image, but to me there doesn't seem to be much about that particular craft that is distorted.

Stationary objects should share a similar pattern of movement over long exposure, no?

Yes, and only that object near the centre of the frame and the one near the bottom left edge have that different look.

One thing that may create a different pattern is if the object being photographed had a blinking light instead of a fixed light, like in this photo of an aeroplane I just took.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

One thing that may create a different pattern is if the object being photographed had a blinking light instead of a fixed light, like in this photo of an aeroplane I just took.

Hi, as you'll see, I am new to ATS, but not new in the grand scheme.

Aside from starting to bump up my post count (sorry just being honest, which is an essential personality trait in this field we will all agree) it can be very frustrating having footage or photos of objects with trailing lights, which makes them very difficult to decipher.

I have lots of UFO, or in my words 'craft' footage which is impressive and would be much more so if I had better recording equipment. Unfortunately, these craft are piloted by ETs who do seem to give a sh!t if they are spotted en mass by the public, or Great British public in my case. So, to put a little effort in and try to blend a bit, they adopt the shape of regular, or sometimes not so regular man made aircraft, usually large white passenger jets during the day and almost aways at night but also smaller Cessna style planes, helicopters and so on, all of which I find to be very impressive how they so easily adopt these shapes and I'm unsure if they are shapeshifting or more likely using a form of cloaking or holographic technology which we (mankind) can also easily do, I am sure of it. In fact that's probably technology we had at our disposal 70+ years ago or more.

This is all very clever, probably very basic for them to achieve but can also be bloody annoying for me, if I can be so selfish, but it is so very very frustrating and at times tedious trying to share such footage on the Ytube and prove to the viewers or pesky debunkers (who set out to disprove and nothing else) and insist that what people are seeing is genuine footage of ET or otherworldly craft (too in-depth to explain right now how I now this for sure) when as far as they, the viewers are concerned, many of them think that all they are looking at is footage displaying nothing more than planes and those genuinely thinking this would be forgiven as they (ET) achieve the desired effect very convincingly and in a split second when it's required.

If they (the viewer) genuinely believe this but actually take the time to really analyse the footage a bit more in-depth, they will quite quickly start to realise that these "planes" are larger objects using a cloaking, holographic, shapeshifting technology to pull the wool over our eyes, or more so to deceive those they don't want to notice them perhaps, and they appear as regular everyday aircraft but with just enough small clues and subtle differences to enable the trained eye or someone with just an ounce of patience and attention to notice the details. Occasionally there attempts to look like planes etc are rather clumsy or lazy and they make pretty obvious mistakes such as a wing in totally the wrong place or lights in places you never usually see them.

They use blinking red, green and white lights to blend in at night, especially when other aircraft enter the same airspace, but then switch back to their natural or less obvious formations and light configurations when the unwanted aircraft bugger off, usually military craft as well, I am almost certain of it. It is quite amusing to watch and seems very mischievous. Whether it works and the other aircraft are clueless as to what they are sharing airspace with remains to be seen, or for me it does at least. It's like I am 'in' on the joke as it were but I don't get to find out if they actually manage to fool the other pilots and radar operators etc. Doubt I'll ever get to know for sure but I would love to know the true answer to that....if you follow what I am trying to explain (?)

So, the genuine reason for me posting on this thread is, as I stated, to start my mission of submitting 20+ posts to enable me to start a new thread altogether but I do have a genuine interest in this subject/thread, hence why I chose to post on it.

So....ultimately.....I want to share my content with the actual community, not with a handful of annoying tw@ts on YouTube who like nothing more than to be the first poster on a new video, looking to slate it and smear negativity all over it from the outset. God damn it I hate them. 'Hate' is a strong word I grant you but it's close to the true sentiment I feel when I read their posts.

So far I've seen....

"that's a plane bozo"

"Bah ha ha! UB a fool to believe this. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…"

"Your joking. Right?"

Sorry if it seems like I've momentarily hijacked your thread, not my intention.

Cheers
JIMMYCARBONE
edit on 31-12-2023 by Jimmycarbone because: spelling errors and missing info I wanted to add

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Could you give us the EXIF data from the photos, so we can get a better idea of how things were?

Looking at both photos it looks like a relatively long exposure time was used (that's why we see only lines and not points of light).

The second photo appears to have an even longer exposure time, creating longer lines.

Yes how do does one obtain the EXIF file?

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimmycarbone

Hi, as you'll see, I am new to ATS, but not new in the grand scheme.

Aside from starting to bump up my post count (sorry just being honest, which is an essential personality trait in this field we will all agree) it can be very frustrating having footage or photos of objects with trailing lights, which makes them very difficult to decipher.

I have lots of UFO, or in my words 'craft' footage which is impressive and would be much more so if I had better recording equipment. Unfortunately, these craft are piloted by ETs who do seem to give a sh!t if they are spotted en mass by the public, or Great British public in my case. So, to put a little effort in and try to blend a bit, they adopt the shape of regular, or sometimes not so regular man made aircraft, usually large white passenger jets during the day and almost aways at night but also smaller Cessna style planes, helicopters and so on, all of which I find to be very impressive how they so easily adopt these shapes and I'm unsure if they are shapeshifting or more likely using a form of cloaking or holographic technology which we (mankind) can also easily do, I am sure of it. In fact that's probably technology we had at our disposal 70+ years ago or more.

This is all very clever, probably very basic for them to achieve but can also be bloody annoying for me, if I can be so selfish, but it is so very very frustrating and at times tedious trying to share such footage on the Ytube and prove to the viewers or pesky debunkers (who set out to disprove and nothing else) and insist that what people are seeing is genuine footage of ET or otherworldly craft (too in-depth to explain right now how I now this for sure) when as far as they, the viewers are concerned, many of them think that all they are looking at is footage displaying nothing more than planes and those genuinely thinking this would be forgiven as they (ET) achieve the desired effect very convincingly and in a split second when it's required.

If they (the viewer) genuinely believe this but actually take the time to really analyse the footage a bit more in-depth, they will quite quickly start to realise that these "planes" are larger objects using a cloaking, holographic, shapeshifting technology to pull the wool over our eyes, or more so to deceive those they don't want to notice them perhaps, and they appear as regular everyday aircraft but with just enough small clues and subtle differences to enable the trained eye or someone with just an ounce of patience and attention to notice the details. Occasionally there attempts to look like planes etc are rather clumsy or lazy and they make pretty obvious mistakes such as a wing in totally the wrong place or lights in places you never usually see them.

They use blinking red, green and white lights to blend in at night, especially when other aircraft enter the same airspace, but then switch back to their natural or less obvious formations and light configurations when the unwanted aircraft bugger off, usually military craft as well, I am almost certain of it. It is quite amusing to watch and seems very mischievous. Whether it works and the other aircraft are clueless as to what they are sharing airspace with remains to be seen, or for me it does at least. It's like I am 'in' on the joke as it were but I don't get to find out if they actually manage to fool the other pilots and radar operators etc. Doubt I'll ever get to know for sure but I would love to know the true answer to that....if you follow what I am trying to explain (?)

So, the genuine reason for me posting on this thread is, as I stated, to start my mission of submitting 20+ posts to enable me to start a new thread altogether but I do have a genuine interest in this subject/thread, hence why I chose to post on it.

So....ultimately.....I want to share my content with the actual community, not with a handful of annoying tw@ts on YouTube who like nothing more than to be the first poster on a new video, looking to slate it and smear negativity all over it from the outset. God damn it I hate them. 'Hate' is a strong word I grant you but it's close to the true sentiment I feel when I read their posts.

So far I've seen....

"that's a plane bozo"

"Bah ha ha! UB a fool to believe this. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…"

"Your joking. Right?"

Sorry if it seems like I've momentarily hijacked your thread, not my intention.

Cheers
JIMMYCARBONE

amazing and spot on.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

As I mentioned I'm not really knowledgeable enough to give an analysis, but the streaking caused by long exposure doesn't appear uniform to me. While I accept that long exposure time explains some of the effects, I don't think it explains them all by any stretch. I'm focusing on the second image as the first has very little to work with going for the naked eye. I'd expect some enhancements and contrast would show more. From the OP is seems the images were taken outside the car, but I'm hoping they clarify. Some light source inside a vehicle would seem to explain many of the strange parts, but OP can fill us in.

Unless the camera uses AI on distinct parts of the picture independently, I still don't see how such directional streaking could appear to not move in the same directions.

I don't really need photos to confirm existence of exotic craft for my own belief, but additional data is always good. I'm fairly convinced already as we've known that our government has exotic craft for some time. They eventually became open secrets, then not secrets. The more interesting craft, I believe, are not ours and likely can't be photographed in a meaningful way. The green fog is interesting due to these alleged dimensional "craft" causing temporal interference in our universe.

I hope between the OP's experience in the moment and some skilled photo analysis we can determine what is artifect, what are real objects, and what remains unexplained.

Yes the long exposure for the first picture is obvious as mentioned. Hence the blurry and smeared spot lights. But like I said, the objects were very close and the pics do no justice to real life experience. The second photo was still, more so.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider1111
Taking pictures in nigh mode require to hold the camera still when doing so.
There are photo streaks all over those photos not much to see

First photo yes. Second no.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

To me it seems that the lights on the bottom, the crisp ones with clear trails, recognizably follow the same distortion as the plane. I'm guessing maybe the focal length is what makes the nearer ojects seem to perhaps have slightly larger trails?

I don't know, but the pattern of distortion seems consistent which is not the case with the OP picture. Blinking could allow for some interesting effects, but I doubt that shutter speed is slow enough to catch most strobes going through multiple cycles in a single photo. If the exposure was that long I'd expect there to be far less coherence to all the objects captured.

My real interest is in the green fog and the "smoke" below it.

It looks like the OP may be MIA. Maybe they're enjoying the holiday and will check in later.

ETA: OP has returned! Welcome back.
edit on K215206kAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago by ksihkahe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

R-U sure that's a plain old plane? πŸ›Έ

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

While I accept that long exposure time explains some of the effects, I don't think it explains them all by any stretch. I'm focusing on the second image as the first has very little to work with going for the naked eye. I'd expect some enhancements and contrast would show more. .

That's why I highly suggest anyone spotting anything strange in the sky to start recording a video. Not everyone has a steady hand like JJProduction fellow. Video would be so much more interesting.
Happy New year to all of you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join