It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rubbing ruby shoes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You know what would've been able to save ATS?

The guy from Why Files.

Just imagine if he took an interest in ATS and his videos premeried on here first. Topic request threads AMA's, that sort of thing.

Millions of visitors each month.

If only life were that simple.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if a guy like him knew a place like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

I think one can see where traffic is coming from in youtube and for a while every video got a thread about it. However in these times, who wants to be connected to a board like this?

Just takes one out of the many members to say something some third party dislikes and the cancel culture will make it fall back on him. No matter if it makes sense or not, guilt by association, just like Hitler did back then.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

However in these times, who wants to be connected to a board like this?

In these times there has never been a better opportunity, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Naah, that bloody fish couldn't keep his mouth shut.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Heckle Fish refused to participate on ATS. He said there are some Lizzad people in here.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Do you want to elaborate about why you think that?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I totally like that guy but what he does is infotainment, one should keep that in mind.
Also ATS is now majorly political, why would anybody in this climate get involved with that?

...I mean how long since someone posted a really well put together fringe and weird thread?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

AJ comes here. He quoted some stuff with screenshots on an episode a while back. He had it on the white screen… I’ve got it saved in my photos. If only I could post a pic here….

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

He's into all the classic conspiracy stuff that made up ATS before everything became political.

Political conspiracies have largely become polarized groups regurgitating their narrative of choice.

There's nothing unique about the viewpoints here that you couldn't find basically anywhere else people discuss current events.

This tells me that politics should be diverted to a sister site completely separated from the main site so that people don't just stumble into a political thread and spread the poison to other forums.

Discussions surrounding contemporary world events are a cancer when linked to other forums.

You need a lvl 4 biolab forum on a spinoff website where nothing escapes the confines of that place.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

In that case...

Hey AJ...

Yewww can dooo eeettt!!

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I agree with most of your points, he would fit into here, no doubt. Of course there is nothing unique about our viewpoints and I do think that ATS is on the more well moderated websites, unlike others.

I am just seeing it from a business and personal safety kind of standpoint. He's a public figure now with so much followers and mark my words, he's already careful wording out things, it will get worse.

That's why I think AJ would refrain from openly associating with any forum at all. He also has a very busy schedule and already got a lot of hate for refurbishing and redoing an older episode. He looks tired, too.

Imagine that, hate for refurbishing an old episode, if that drives people nuts, what else? A random post on his forum and made responsible for it not being moderated etc. Things go out of hand quickly.

And soon you have people private messaging you they are sad you did not die yet (just happened to me and I am not even famous on the internet)
edit on 20.12.2023 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ButterfliesAndPonies

There are people who would know better than me but if I recall correctly a lot of members just drifted away when politics became mainstream on here during Obama's years.

Remove politics and a guy like AJ could breathe new life through his fan base into other forums.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Agreed about the politic part. But then where do we start, everything is politicized today.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

the long and sad decline...
On the other hand everything at this point which is 'odd' has probably already one or two threads on ATS.
I mean the big hits were mostly Bilderbergs, HAARP, and now it is kind of the same with Davos and the vaxx
Just less people want to read long posts.
some people are still around who ask for a transcript if it is a vid, but in reality 'if you don't put it in a vid I don't care' is the average attitude.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

And soon you have people private messaging you they are sad you did not die yet

I reckon you intimidate a lot of cowardly poo sees.

Things go out of hand quickly.

Only because people cater to insanity nowadays as if it's a valid demographic.

It's not and it never was.

The old ATS survived as long as it did because common sense mixed with unusual viewpoints backed by a logical approach were celebrated.

Would it be able to survive in today's climate sans politics?

I don't think so unless you don't care about the threat of being canceled.

Go woke, go broke will always be true and someone like AJ would do well to heed to it.

He does seem to have empathy for people across the spectrum and I'd like to think he wouldn't allow himself to be bullied by people with an agenda.

He may bleed some followers but he would gain many more just by not placating a bunch of crybabies that want to ruin the party for everyone.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I had never heard of the Why Files but as it is a groovy title I googled it and found my way to his site. I sat though one program titled ''Mystery in Cisco Grove'' which turned out to be an outlandish tale of a man who lived though a fight with aliens and one or two big robots while he had tethered himself high in a tree. All night long.

At the end of the half hour long presentation the guy admits that it was outlandish but that what really matters to him is that it was a good story. So with that I have to agree with ''Butterflies'' that the program is just ''infotainment.
If that is what we want, then sure, let's be entertained. But if we want to delve deeply into the things we came to ATS for, then just being entertained stands in the way of that if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
AJ has got more than enough going on at the moment.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I'm saying he could be the draw card but the essence of the site wouldn't revolve around him.

Besides that, I always came to ATS to be entertained.

That's what a good OP does.

He could hold monthly competitions that the best threads by members would be made into a full length video with half the earnings going to the winners.

That would instantly up the game where thread quality is concerned.
edit on 20-12-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I see. What you are looking for here is an owner that would take an active role in the running of this place and could turn it into a money making interest to spark a grander entertainment venue.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Not necessarily.

Take away the financial reward and have him read out the nominees for best thread in all categories once a month and the winners get a furry goldfish or whatever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join