It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman arrested after trying to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home in Atlanta...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

A woman attempted to burn down Martin Luther King Jr.’s birth home, arriving with a gas canister and dousing the historic property in fuel Thursday.
Video from the brazen attempt shows a woman dressed in all black freely pouring gasoline on the home’s front porch, windows and bushes around 5:45 p.m., WSB-TV reported.
One witness recalled the suspect began to grow irritated after she was having trouble spreading the fuel around the property, according to FOX 5 Atlanta.

Source article. Video at the link.

The article says that a couple of tourists from Utah "intervened", but it was a couple of off-duty NYPD officers who detained the woman until Atlanta police arrived. She didn't put up any real resistance, so it was a mostly peaceful arson attempt.

The curious part is that this was done during daylight hours and this young lady didn't seem to mind an audience or being on video. If the video is any indication, she also seems coherent and responsive after being detained.

Thoughts?
edit on 12/8/2023 by Klassified because: Link problems

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
No name, age or race of the arsonist?
Those facts must go against the narrative it seems.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
No name, age or race of the arsonist?
Those facts must go against the narrative it seems.

That's what the link is for. As noted in the OP, there's also video of it happening.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

No name or age yet, she appears to be in her 20s I would assume, but she is black.

www.foxnews.com...

Here is another article on it.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

It is a curious incident and I can't help but feel we're missing some pieces to the puzzle.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

As calm and collect as she was, I would not rule out this was someone paid to do this and she knew she was going to get caught.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

"Laneisha Shantrice Henderson, 26, has been charged with attempted arson and interfering with government property after she was seen on camera pouring the flammable liquid out of a large red fuel container and onto the porch of the historic wooden property at around 5:45 p.m. Thursday."

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Mental health case by the looks of it.

Well, that or attention seeker considering the time and place.

Possibly six of one, half a dozen of the other.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Jussie Smollett has inspired so many "oppressed" people! Wonder if it's been added here yet or not: fakehatecrimes.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Now why would a seemingly coherent young black woman want to burn down MLK Jr’s house?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Now why would a seemingly coherent young black woman want to burn down MLK Jr’s house?

Exactly. Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Mental health case by the looks of it.

Well, that or attention seeker considering the time and place.

Possibly six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Just another WOKE female who can't take the great words of MLK without freaking out.

You know stuff like this below is so against what the WOKE stands for today.

“We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.”

“If we are to have peace on earth, our loyalties must become ecumenical rather than sectional. Our loyalties must transcend our race, our tribe, our class, and our nation; and this means we must develop a world perspective.”

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.”

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I was originally told…
“Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas told senators on Wednesday that the greatest domestic threat facing the United States came from what they both called “racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists.”
www.nytimes.com...

Does anyone recall the last time a white supremacist tried to burn down MLKs house?
Maybe she identifies as a white supremacist.
That’s a thing in clown world right?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
She’s probably upset that she’s not being judged by the color of her skin but by the content of her character. MLK goes against their narrative 🙄

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

I was originally told…
“Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro N. Mayorkas told senators on Wednesday that the greatest domestic threat facing the United States came from what they both called “racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists.”
www.nytimes.com...

Does anyone recall the last time a white supremacist tried to burn down MLKs house?
Maybe she identifies as a white supremacist.
That’s a thing in clown world right?

I believe it's a main feature. Once you don the shoes and the nose, things like this are kind of mandatory.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

edit on 12.8.2023 by SituationNAFU because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting really that the House is not Fenced off, So literally anyone can just walk up to the place ?

E.G. Casually walk up with Gasoline and attempt to burn it down.

I really need to stay more current .... So now MLK is hated by the WOKES ? I'm not fully understanding that one ? It's not MLK the WOKES should hate the real threat to their power is Malcom X . He is my favorite Black Leader of all time.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Maybe the granddaughter of MLK and one of his estranged mistresses?

Wasn’t he a big womanizer?

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Its hardly that surprising given that what disgracefully passes for The Civil Rights Movement nowadays are trying their best to revoke all the great strides forward MLK helped instigate.

He would be ashamed at the activities and actions of many Black activists today.

They have set back race relations decades.

posted on Dec, 8 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Maybe she takes offense to Michael King Jr.'s message. He was a black boulee/quasi Mason so maybe she's one of those people who think masons are bad. Who knows. We may never know. What we can see is that for some reason, she wanted this to be very conspicuous and I wonder why that is.
edit on 8-12-2023 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join