It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Investigates Possible Trading Knowledge Ahead of Oct 7 Hamas Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It looks like the 'freedom fighters' who are trying to destroy Israel, don't mind investing in Israel if it makes them a few hundred million dollars. How do they know it was Hamas leadership invested? Well, who else would have the money to invest AND would have known the fall was about to happen so they dump the shares? It's just speculation but it's pretty good speculation.

Reuters - Israel Investigates Possible Trading Knowledge Ahead of Oct 7 Hamas Attack

Israeli authorities are investigating claims by U.S. researchers that some investors may have known in advance of a Hamas plan to attack Israel on Oct. 7 and used that information to profit from Israeli securities.

Research by law professors Robert Jackson Jr from New York University and Joshua Mitts of Columbia University found significant short-selling of shares leading up to the attacks, which triggered a war nearly two months old.

"Days before the attack, traders appeared to anticipate the events to come," they wrote, citing short interest in the MSCI Israel Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) that "suddenly, and significantly, spiked" on Oct. 2 based on data from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

"And just before the attack, short selling of Israeli securities on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) increased dramatically," they wrote in their 66-page report.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have an MBA from at then was a top 50 University Business Week Magazine MBA program globally. I also taught Statistical Process Control and Metrology in addition to basic math in industry.

This made just all fade away like the 911 short interest in 2011.

Ever wonder why there are very few JFK style "hits" at the political level across the globe?

I know of several who qualify.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It's a given that Hamas are not the only ones who profited from this. Iran? Special interests in the U.S.?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It's a given that Hamas are not the only ones who profited from this. Iran? Special interests in the U.S.?

Gains of hundreds of millions of dollars was made.
And it was clearly inside knowledge that the hit was coming.
Hamas leadership are worth multi billions.
Wouldn't surprise me if they were investing in Israel to make money while at the same time taking money from Muslim sources to destroy it.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well, who else would have the money to invest AND would have known the fall was about to happen so they dump the shares?

Oh man, you were so close!

Let's pull some quotes from the article lest people believe you derived your spin from it, shall we?

“It has to be clear. The government is completely incompetent,” said Ruvi Dar, a clinical psychologist and Tel Aviv University professor who has been counseling survivors evacuated from their homes.

AND

Any support that the refugees are getting right now is completely grassroots. Absolutely nothing by the state,” he said, adding that even volunteers’ hotel rooms are paid for by nonprofit groups.

AND

It took hours for the stunned military to respond and send troops to counter-attack, a chaotic response that foreshadowed the government’s dysfunction.

AND

Standing just feet from Economy Minister Nir Barkat, Ofir Shai’s eulogy for his brother, Yaron, turned into a furious attack on the government.

“You abandoned the soldiers of the IDF. You abandoned the people who live along the Gaza border. You abandoned the State of Israel. You abandoned my beloved brother. I expect you all to take responsibility and resign immediately after the war ends,” he said.

“I won’t forget, and I won’t forgive. I promise to hunt you down forever.”

link to the quotes

AND

“Everything we are doing should have been done by the government,” he said.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yet Mossad knew nothing

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Somebody should check Pelosi's stock portfolio.

Franklin D. Roosevelt - " In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I would hope that The Mossad would see who made a lot of money on the 7th and pay them a visit.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Just 2 weeks before the attack, didn't the US give Iran/hamas like 6 billion dollars?

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I would hope that The Mossad would see who made a lot of money on the 7th and pay them a visit.

I really think people give the Mossad more credit than they deserve.
Honestly ... everything thinks they are big and have world wide cred.
I think their reputation is bigger than their reach..
I could be wrong. But .. there it is.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I really think people give the Mossad more credit than they deserve.
Honestly ... everything thinks they are big and have world wide cred.
I think their reputation is bigger than their reach..
I could be wrong. But .. there it is.

Yeah I get that, I still think that out of the national spy type organisations they are the ones more likely to off some one though.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

They trained and practiced for 45 days before October 7th. Lots of people knew... Even Israeli and US Intel. I bet some of them invested $$$.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I-R-A-N ✔️

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Your right, the real shakers and movers are shin bet.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Your right, the real shakers and movers are shin bet.

shin bet, are they them dirty Joos?

Asking for Stormfront, they are upset.

You haven't been returning their calls.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I love jews in brotherhood as I love you Cowboy, and you are making it clear you need some love.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Multiple MSM outlets were embedded with Hamas. I can remember when Desert Storm when the reporters were 'on the scene' and thinking this is real bad operational security.

Things are rarely allowed to happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Same thing happened before 9/11.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is this your attempt to somehow justify in your pea brain Benjamin Netanyahu funding Hamas in an attempt to fracture the Palestinian people?
source

I only ask because you all keep blaming hamas for things Israel has been doing since the 60's which honestly makes you all look very similar to Russia gates. Meanwhile your tax dollars were used to help facilitate all this on all sides and your mad at hamas. How about showing some anger towards the only participant in this mess you have any control over. Your own government!

Or is this site just a bunch of statist ******* anymore who believe everything the same people who got us into Iraq and Afghanistan say? You all are a fing joke!

Do us all a favor go enlist and put your money where your mouth is, though I kinda doubt your mentally and physically up for it... Because the actual warriors among you are tired of fighting and dying for a failing empire. You are just a mouthpiece for the MIC at this point.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

Same thing happened before 9/11.

Your daily reminder Israel did 9/11.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join