It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need German Help With a Blu Ray Box Set

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yea this fellow in Germany refuses to ship this to North America no matter how much I plead with him. I want to watch the the Real Ghostbusters with my kids like I watched in the eighties. The one based on the movie we all know and love, not the funky one with the time travellers and the gorilla.

German company makes shows into Blu rays for collectors. I got my tales from the crypt Blu Ray also this way. I wish I knew how to search for Xena and Hercules to see if the Germans made an SD blu ray box set for them too.

So any ideas how I can get this, anybody see another one for sale somewhere??

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   
archive.org...

The internet archive is sometimes hard to search but what it has will surprise you.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm not going to link a torrent here, but it took me one search to find it.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Why not just get it from Amazon instead of going through all that ?

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?crid=32MSASV298T5H&keywords=the+real+ghostbusters&qid=1701686359&s prefix=the+real+ghostbusters%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-3

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   

It may be as simple as the region code, which is why hw wont ship it?

www.regionfreedvd.net...

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
They have a lot of the episodes on the official youtube channel
www.youtube.com...@Ghostbusters/videos

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Back in the DVD (before Blueray) there were two standards, North America and European.

The Erik the Viking that I bought was in European so I couldn't watch it on my player. I ripped it with PC and made a copy disc translated into North American standard. That worked fine.

If it's the old cartoons there is probably no real benefit to Blue Ray over DVD. If DVD is available go with that.

edit on 4-12-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
That is not the complete series. Only two complete volumes were produced from what I have read. There is this blu ray SD, and the original DVD Box set shaped like the firehouse.

a reply to: FullHeathen
Ha, that version is double the price than this blu ray which is not in HD, and only rarely shows up when available.

a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

I am a collector and prefer to have physical copies in my ownership. Yea I know it is wierd, I want to spend hundreds of dollars on some piece of media I can download for free. At least I don't collect beanie babies.

new topics

top topics

join