It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Case of Rudolf Diesel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The guy who invented the diesel engine, I think somewhat obviously. Dude just up and went and no one knows if it was suicide or murder. On a short ship ride, clothes neatly folded and what not but he wasn't there. The Wiki page is somewhat short about his death and I don't know much more than that and this talk about it. Seems like there were a few peeps who didn't want to compete with his engine but again, I dare say this is just another mystery in history that we will never solve.

It's not like Agatha Christie, there's only a few culprits. Yet just confusing enough. I don't want to ruin the video and his ideas about what happened. It's just a nice little romp through history.

I couldn't find this on Youtube to embed, sorry.

www.c-span.org.../the-mysterious-case-rudolf-diesel

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I think his statement of freeing the average man from the oil barons speaks volumes as to what happened to Mr Diesel, The model A ford and the magnets shocks me he was not taken care of as well

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for posting this, being an auto tech and on ATS for too long

this is interesting. IIRC he originally designed the engine to run on peanut oil (bio-diesel).

I didn't know his demise was suspicious - (Stan Meyer)...?!

Dio was sommink else

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: McTech2

IIRC it can still run on peanut oil. Willie Nelson ran his tour busses off of refined vegetable oil from restaurants. You know, the stuff they use for deep frying in restaurants.

Whatever happened to him is highly suspicious. Doesn't mean he didn't commit suicide but it sure looks like he didn't.

And yeah, Dio was something else.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The exhaust of my Toyota van smelled like a fish and chip shop
my mother owned a restaurant and would have had to pay to dump the oil so I recycled it .

As long as you add a small amount of turpentine and a little oil to the mix so it does not wrech the pumps seals and heat it up in a tank or get some methanol from a friend who works in a oil refinery all is good , in the uk they add a dye to diesel for agricultural use but that can easily be taken out by filtering it with say bread or cat litter or spill dry

But get caught driving with red diesel by the law and you get a massive fine and they take the vehicle from you

All those guys who tried to help their fellow man save a few bucks with their inventions met with a tragic end and their engines / vehicles vanished in a few cases

Diesel. Stan myer and the Australian guy who run his stuff on browns gas

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

All those guys who tried to help their fellow man save a few bucks with their inventions met with a tragic end and their engines / vehicles vanished in a few cases

Yeah, that seems to be the case in many instances. Don't buck the status quo, it will buck back.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Yeah, that seems to be the case in many instances. Don't buck the status quo, it will buck back.

I worked with a guy who had been a bus mechanic in 1960s Glasgow and he told me of a experiment where they had a bus /coach diesel engine running perfectly with hot water being injected into the engine with little diesel being used in the process ,

He told me they just vanished one day from the depo but he was a straight shooter and a intelligent man so I believe what he told me .

Years ago I came across a piece online now vanished ! Of the model A ford with the blow up diagrams of the engine and the fly wheel and how it could be operated with 4 magnets on it and once it was cranked over all it needed was oil in the engine to keep it going ? . I think the story went Henry ford wanted something and the government gave in to his demands , I would love to see into the engine bay of one of those old cars to see if that story has legs
edit on 3/12/2023 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/12/2023 by stonerwilliam because: More information

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I worked with a guy who had been a bus mechanic in 1960s Glasgow and he told me of a experiment where they had a bus /coach diesel engine running perfectly with hot water being injected into the engine with little diesel being used in the process ,

i have on older non computer diesel engines ran a mix of water/alcohol injection in the intake port, and we got a 20% increase in power and a 15% decrease in fuel used. This can be seen on many engines to a lesser amount when you check miles per gallon on hot dry summer days and cool wet rainy days.
you will use less fuel on the rainy days.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: anned1

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

i have on older non computer diesel engines ran a mix of water/alcohol injection in the intake port, and we got a 20% increase in power and a 15% decrease in fuel used. This can be seen on many engines to a lesser amount when you check miles per gallon on hot dry summer days and cool wet rainy days.
you will use less fuel on the rainy days.

They seem to be hiding a lot from the public on the cheap running of vehicles and battery technology, when the Tesla first got a car to market in 2006 or so I found a video of a older guy who stated he had a battery that could get 3000 miles per charge and it just looked like a normal 12 volt battery .

He was raging in the video at how his company was bought by one of the big car producers and he was locked out of his office and put on gardening leave , Then his idea was passed from one car manufacturer to the other , I know what a pissed of older guy looks like and trust that guy 100 % in what he was stating.

All those videos are long gone from YouTube of cheap tricks to getting a vehicle engine running on vapour and baking soda which they stated had 26 times the energy of Gas/petrol , they were running lawn mowers etc on this with no work needed to adapt the engine , I lost all my computer back ups of those videos years ago , But the guys in the videos were laughing at how a 10 buck hack could power a engine ?.

I would love to remember correctly what that mechanic told me years ago about how they got those buses running on hot water with a mist of diesel injected into the engine but this dementia stops me I am afraid , But I hope some young buck is reading this thread and has the ability to get something going , The mistake would be to run about and shout about it to the world

new topics

top topics

join