It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope who likes abortions is dead set against Freemasonry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I probably suck as a Catolic to begin with, but I don't think the Pope has any more of God in him than you or I do.
He's an elected official. If that dooms me to Hell, then I misunderstood the relationship I had and all is well. I just don't think I need conduit for that conversation. I've had it all my life, kind of man to man, and it seems we get along well. He's a great listener.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Didn't they create the K0fC to counter the Masons? lol

I think it was to give the devout Catholics an avenue for the fraternity and fellowship Masonry had. But kosher with the boss.
But I honestly don't know. I have heard it's a little similar to freemasonry, but without being a member, I can't say for sure.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hey, we all have our imaginary friend we talk to, but if the Vatican doesn't approve it's just that...

Sucks, but it is what it is, if the ideology needs lines to be drawn, somone has to draw those lines...

Since when do the naughty heathens get to complain? Next you know, you'll be burning on the stake...

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Hey, we all have our imaginary friend we talk to, but if the Vatican doesn't approve it's just that...

Sucks, but it is what it is, if the ideology needs lines to be drawn, somone has to draw those lines...

Since when do the naughty heathens get to complain? Next you know, you'll be burning on the stake...

when they have the nose, you kind of have to burn them. It's a rule.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Quick, bring back those facemask or we'll be burning the wrong people... Again

(post by Creaky removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'll stop playing stupid in this thread, because the secrets are the same. Though i need to explicity say not a mason, matron, or otherwise.

But it's easy enough to look up...

Right down to transcribed initiation rituals to quote at length, which I heard are pretty much the exact same in all orders.

My friend, you are doubtless a seeker after light, or you would not have applied for membership in an organization which has for its inspiration the Star in the East.
You, like the three Wise Men, have been led by that light. Life is a labyrinth through which we would wander blindly were it not for an All Seeing Eye that watches over us and an All Powerful Hand that guides us on our way. This Order is founded on a belief in the existence of a Supreme Being that rules the Universe for good, and no one can become a member of the Order who does not hold this belief.
Therefore, before I can guide you to the Chapter room, you must give me a brief and truthful answer to the following question: Do you believe in the existence of a Supreme Being?

Always seemed like what an esoteric universalist church would be like. "Do good". From what I've read, there are elements across the abrahamic board.

The Temple of Solomon is where everyone loses their mind I think. Because there are then the obligatory gnostic/sorcery things synonymous with the imagery.

Esoteric images in general, especially uninitiated interpretations thereof, can be pretty wacky and hilarious.

Before you know, downward pointed Star is baphomet, which is a corruption of Mahomet, and now The Knights Templar worshipped Mohammed. That also leads to uninitiated associations with Lucifer, the light bringer, and inevitably Satan. Because it's in the East. In the morning. Perhaps a long secret conflation with Christ.

Freemasons used to be The Elites of The NWO for this reason... Ben Franklyn put Masonic imagery in DC's urban plan or something. And the erroneous connections to Skull and Bones.

Maybe the uninitiated pope is also falling victim to the aura of it all?
edit on 16-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

if you go into it without pre-concieved ideas, it's easy to learn the reason why everything exists and why it's taught the way it is. Sadly, I cannot convey that in any meaningful way other than to say, if you become an initiate, are passed and then raised, you will understand the same things (this is important) in the same way, that every mason before you has learned.

And there are what we call "clandstine" lodges that initiate women as well. They aren't recognized by regular masonry, but from what I know, the same things are taught to a degree. ( and that was a joke for the room)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I'm sure once you start learning and studying, it demystifies itself rather quickly.

"Oh, that's what that means? Where the hell do people get that other meaning from?"

I want to know how can The Pope look at this and say, "Oh yeah, seems evil, better stay away".

Even dogs are welcome.

Which is good, because the lodge I went to functions at was in the LGBT neighborhood, and very much representative of the local demographic, but not in any kind of annoying way.

Masonry is cool, but unfortunately misunderstood.
edit on 16-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

edit on 11/16/2023 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I don't go to Catholic Church, haven't in many years. And I will assume I'm ex-communicated, no worries there. I only take issue with the idea that the decision is based on ignorance, and not fact. I've been a mason since 2007, was maser of my lodge in 2013, and have been an active member of the Scottish Rite since 2008. Everything I have expirienced in Freemsonry has been good, wholesome, and Godly. Nothing even remotely close to anything nefarious. And I was looking for exactly that.

I believe you.

I have known several Freemasons outside the Chicago area who I think are really great people.

But the Freemasons in the Chicago area I knew weren't good people and treated a lot of people bad. I'm pretty sure some belong in jail. Corrupt pieces of trash who really have no place in this society. In fact, I heard that one of the guy's grandson moved completely out of the state of Illinois to get away from that entire family. I'm sure the Pope was talking about them.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 04:15 AM
link   
wait up.... are you talking about the catholic church or the freemason fraternity?

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xamalad
wait up.... are you talking about the catholic church or the freemason fraternity?

a reply to: Klassified

Good point. It could apply to both.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The Pope who likes abortions is dead set against Freemasonry

You mean that "Pope" is Protestant?

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Oh Freemasonry is cool. I read a lot about it in the past. It all began with finding a book about it in the bookstore. It was all those bizarre esoteric pictures that piqued my interest. And then I wanted to read more and more about it.

I think that all the misconceptions stem from ignorance. People are too lazy to actually look into it, study it from the objective sources. There are plenty of websites online dedicated to it. If some Catholics derive their "knowledge" from the Catholic sources, then most of the information about Freemasonry there is false.

I don't find any reason why a Catholic couldn't be a Freemason, especially a regular one. The only organization that could be deemed objectionable from the Catholic view is the Grand Orient of France due to its active and, at times fanatical, support of laicization and the history of enmity with the Catholic Church during the third republic.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well the visible Pope is a politician, set your expectations to that level. There's 2 more popes, the current one is the "white" pope.The other 2 popes are the "grey" pope (Wich I think is a banker),and the other "black" pope Wich is the Jesuit guy. Jesuits is where the occultist,"satanic" stuff is. Maybe that is where the anti-masonic comments are coming from. Of course one occultism school is not gonna be peacefully coexisting with the other. Or maybe they are.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sorry, fake religion boy just need lay down and take dirt nep.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedla

We all will sooner or later. Nobody gets out of hear alive.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kawrider9ish
a reply to: JAGStorm

Secret codes that bypass laws? Tell me more.

And we don't have weird hats and do kinky sh#t. Where do ya get that crap from?

Kinky? Depends on who you ask.

But kooky?

Most definitely.

Symbolism GALORE. Catholicism and Freemasonry are chalk full of idolatry. If you play by the ten commandments, that simply won't do.

Take this short clip of a supposed Master Mason initiation:kaotic.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join