It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas leaders worth staggering $11B revel in luxury — while Gaza’s people suffer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I remember reading that Arafat was worth one billion dollars when he died. These Hamas leaders make him look like peanuts. They are worth many billions of dollars and live a luxury life in Qatar while the people of Gaza pretty much live in poverty. I've read the mid level HAMAS leadership are all millionaires, and this article talks about the upper level being billionaires who don't even live in Gaza.

Our tax money and UN money has gone to Hamas and these terrorists. The United Nations Relief and Works Agency funds them, and we fund it. Biden has given them a billion dollars. Trump had cut all funding, but Biden reinstated it.

I quoted a small snip of the article, but go to the link and read. It is enlightening.

Hamas leaders worth staggering $11B revel in luxury — while Gaza’s people suffer

While their people languish in poverty and are treated as human shields, the leaders of Hamas live billionaire lifestyles.

The terror group’s three top leaders alone are worth a staggering $11 billion between them and enjoy a life of luxury in the sanctuary of the emirate of Qatar.

The emirate has long welcomed the leaders of the terror group and installed them in its luxury hotels and villas at the same time as hosting a vast American military presence.

Now Republican Tennessee Congressman Andy Ogles is co-sponsoring a bill that would strip Qatar of its status as a key US ally, The Post has learned, unless it kicks out the Hamas leadership.

The presence of the Hamas leaders in Qatar has long been justified by the emirate as part of its support for tuning the terror group into “a responsible governing power,” according to a report from the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies.

The country provides Hamas with between $120 million and $480 million per year, according to the October report by the Washington, DC-based non-profit that studies foreign policy.

“These funds benefit Hamas leaders directly through payroll and kickback schemes and indirectly through social services and government operations that help Hamas maintain political control over Gaza,” the report said.

Qatar is also home to the Al Jazeera news channel, which the report alleges, “spreads antisemitism, anti-Americanism and incitement to violence throughout the Arab world.”

“Qatar is Hamas and Hamas is Qatar,” said Yigal Carmon, president of the Washington DC-based Middle East Media Research Institute in an interview with The Post in Israel.

Qatar is not the only source of Hamas’ cash. The group also took in nearly $400 million in the last two years from the UN, which does not recognize Hamas as a terrorist organization.

The United Nations Relief and Works Agency provided Hamas with $380 million since 2021, according to the FDD. Much of that cash came from the Biden Administration, which has provided $1 billion to the UNRWA since 2021.

“Since UNRWA has long insisted it has no political screen on its aid, and since Hamas is viewed as a political party, we know with near certainty that our taxpayer dollars have been delivered into the hands of Hamas,” the FDD said, adding that the Trump administration ended US contributions to UNRWA because of the Hamas connection.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   
stuff like this is the best reason i can think of for the West to wean itself off oil.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I keep waiting for Mossad to pay a little visit to the HAMAS leadership which is hiding in their well secured ivory towers while the common people are killed.

After the Munich massacre Mossad got every last one of the big tough Muslim thugs and in some cases even their helpers. Since war has been declared I hope Israel is successful.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
If you knew Mossad were actively planning your assasination-I doubt even $11billion would help you get a good nights sleep.

Qatar cannot protect you.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I keep waiting for Mossad to pay a little visit to the HAMAS leadership which is hiding in their well secured ivory towers while the common people are killed.

After the Munich massacre Mossad got every last one of the big tough Muslim thugs and in some cases even their helpers. Since war has been declared I hope Israel is successful.

Me too mate.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   
When following some of the money...

Netanyahu made a similar point at a Likud faction meeting in early 2019, when he was quoted as saying that those who oppose a Palestinian state should support the transfer of funds to Gaza, because maintaining the separation between the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza would prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Times of Israel

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Think this fits here...haven't heard the Israeli position stated so succinctly.

edit on p0000003011am116 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

That is why the push to EV. Many here say EV is a failure. IMO it isnt. Its vital to the national security of the USA.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Funding our own demise... funding our own terrorists which will come back to haunt us and already has numerous times..

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

That is why the push to EV. Many here say EV is a failure. IMO it isnt. Its vital to the national security of the USA.

yeah, if they were more honest about why, there would be less opposition

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

That sounds extremely plausible, who knows though instead of dealing with billionaires with totally different cultures and values in the Middle East, we will have to deal with poor warlords that control Africa's lithium mines.

Who knows though perhaps some of the Saracens see the writing on the wall, and know with a war they can jack up the prices, and with each EV sold they know their monopoly is fading. This might be their last hurrah, as hybrids and biofuels become more popular. NGL as a road sales rep the cost of filling up, and the time and money spent on other combustion engine repairs and maintenance is expensive AF. Even when gas was cheap I could easily spend 600-650 on gas alone.

It would be nice if America wasn't bent over the OPEC barrel, and even more so those Western dollars could be spent more wisely somewhere else.

cleantechnica.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Your behind the technological curve here. I invest $ into EV stocks. USA and Canada is loaded with Lithium and yes its a dirty EPA open mine thing. Cobalt is already out engineered in next generation Solid State battery.

The Arab nations are already seeing the writing on the wall so in brief this may be an excursion so as to foster invasion of Europe and USA. It begins with Israel. they want global domination as this is their last gasp as they will no longer be revelant to the New World Order.

EV also neuters China. I get that China is EV top dog as a result of their elements but that scene is changing fast and North America engineers will figure it out and already are.

Electric Vehicles Magazine
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

yeah, if they were more honest about why, there would be less opposition

Our government does more to shoot themselves in the foot all the time. Just like Trump cant get out of his own way so he screws it up.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

Your behind the technological curve here. I invest $ into EV stocks. USA and Canada is loaded with Lithium and yes its a dirty EPA open mine thing. Cobalt is already out engineered in next generation Solid State battery.

The Arab nations are already seeing the writing on the wall so in brief this may be an excursion so as to foster invasion of Europe and USA. It begins with Israel. they want global domination as this is their last gasp as they will no longer be revelant to the New World Order.

EV also neuters China. I get that China is EV top dog as a result of their elements but that scene is changing fast and North America engineers will figure it out and already are.

Respectfully Im speaking of the immediate future, whereas you are down the road a few more years. If we are all still here for your growth years, and our vehicles haven't been rendered useless from multiple EMP bursts.

No matter how much forward-thinking you have going on, the reality is there will be multiple types of batteries in all different kinds of EVs, and the vast majority will need lithium and cobalt. Not to mention what's the average life cycle on an electric vehicle battery? everywhere Ive looked say 8-10 years.

Expect max profits to be realized circa 2030, unless there is another promising propulsion system that pops up. Or we are back to horse and buggy days
www.nsenergybusiness.com...

The six largest cobalt reserves in the world by country

1. Democratic Republic of Congo – 3.6 million tonnes
The DRC is home to more than 50% of the world’s cobalt reserves, with an estimated 3.6 million tonnes available for extraction in the country.

Major mining operations can be found in the Katanga Province, notably the Mutanda, Kamoto, Etoile and Ruashi projects, while top international producers like Glencore have established positions in the DRC alongside domestic miner Gécamines.

Plans to launch a state-backed company that will hold rights to all artisanally-mined cobalt in the country are well underway, designed as a means for the DRC to exercise more control over the revenues generated by its prized national resource.

A report from the World Economic Forum estimates as much as 30% of the cobalt produced in the Congo comes from small-scale artisanal mining ventures

Electric Vehicles Magazine

In 2022, lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (NMC) remained the dominant battery chemistry with a market share of 60%, followed by lithium iron phosphate (LFP) with a share of just under 30%, and nickel cobalt aluminium oxide (NCA) with a share of about 8%.

Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) cathode chemistries have reached their highest share in the past decade. This trend is driven mainly by the preferences of Chinese OEMs. Around 95% of the LFP batteries for electric LDVs went into vehicles produced in China, and BYD alone represents 50% of demand. Tesla accounted for 15%, and the share of LFP batteries used by Tesla increased from 20% in 2021 to 30% in 2022. Around 85% of the cars with LFP batteries manufactured by Tesla were manufactured in China, with the remainder being manufactured in the United States with cells imported from China. In total, only around 3% of electric cars with LFP batteries were manufactured in the United States in 2022.

LFP batteries contrast with other chemistries in their use of iron and phosphorus rather than the nickel, manganese and cobalt found in NCA and NMC batteries. The downside of LFP is that the energy density tends to be lower than that of NMC. LFP batteries also contain phosphorus, which is used in food production. If all batteries today were LFP, they would account for nearly 1% of current agricultural phosphorus use by mass, suggesting that conflicting demands for phosphorus may arise in the future as battery demand increases.

www.mining-technology.com...

Nary one in America or Canada lithium mine in the top 10, Canada is #6 in Cobalt which is stil and essential mineral too but it's amount is dwarfed by the monster Cobalt mine in the Republic of Congo

The world’s ten largest lithium mines
Brought to you by GlobalData

Lithium
According to GlobalData, there are more than 26 lithium mines in operation globally. GlobalData tracks and profiles over 33,000 mines and projects from early exploration to closure, across more than 150 countries and more than 100 commodities. Buy the latest mine-site profiles here.

The following are the ten largest lithium mines by production across the world in 2022, according to GlobalData’s mining database.

1. Greenbushes Lithium Operations
The Greenbushes Lithium Operations is a surface mine situated in Western Australia, Australia. Owned by Albemarle, the brownfield mine produced an estimated 155.8 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The mine will operate until 2039. Buy the profile here.

2. Salar de Atacama Mine
Located in Antofagasta, Chile, the Salar de Atacama Mine is owned by Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile. The in-situ leaching mine produced an estimated 135.4 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The mine will operate until 2030. Buy the profile here.

3. Mount Marion Lithium Project
The Mount Marion Lithium Project is a surface mine located in Western Australia, Australia. Owned by Mineral Resources, the greenfield mine produced an estimated 64 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The mine will operate until 2047. Buy the profile here.

4. Pilgangoora Project
Owned by Pilbara Minerals, the Pilgangoora Project is a surface mine situated in Western Australia, Australia. The brownfield mine produced an estimated 56.1 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The expected mine closure date is 2060. Buy the profile here.

5. Salar de Atacama Mine (Albemarle Corporation)
The Salar de Atacama Mine (Albemarle Corporation) is a in-situ leaching mine situated in El Loa, Chile. Owned by Albemarle, the greenfield mine produced an estimated 32.89 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The mine is expected to operate until 2043. Buy the profile here.

6. Salar del Hombre Muerto Mine
The Salar del Hombre Muerto Mine is a in-situ leaching mine situated in Catamarca, Argentina. Owned by Livent, the greenfield mine produced an estimated 32.8 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The mine will operate until 2090. Buy the profile here.

7. Mount Cattlin Lithium Mine
Located in Western Australia, Australia, the Mount Cattlin Lithium Mine is owned by Allkem. The surface mine produced an estimated 26.81 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The mine will operate until 2025. Buy the profile here.

8. Bikita Mine
The Bikita Mine is a surface mine located in Masvingo, Zimbabwe. Owned by Bikita Minerals (PVT), the greenfield mine produced an estimated 26.6 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. Buy the profile here.

9. Salar de Uyuni Mine
Owned by Yacimientos de Litio Bolivianos, the Salar de Uyuni Mine is a surface mine situated in Potosi, Bolivia. The greenfield mine produced an estimated 14 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. Buy the profile here.

10. Salar De Olaroz Lithium Project
The Salar De Olaroz Lithium Project is a in-situ leaching mine situated in Jujuy, Argentina. Owned by Allkem, the greenfield mine produced an estimated 13.8 thousand tonnes of lithium in 2022. The mine is expected to operate until 2060. Buy the profile here.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Makes you think doesn't it. Exxon pretty much discovered climate change in the 70s, shortly after a certain global crisis happened...

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on Nov 8th 2023 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sounds like most leaders across the world.

Live in opulence while the plebs fight over crumbs and argue about imaginary bugatis.

Wait until you look into the Rothchilds.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

BLOWBACK: HOW ISRAEL WENT FROM HELPING CREATE HAMAS TO BOMBING IT

theintercept.com...

how deep does the rabbit hole go, or 'the tv always tells the truth'

(post by BadGoyFL removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
edit
edit on 11/9/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join