It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Censorship on Social Media Platforms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy
The issue is the social media giants like Reddit, YouTube, Facebook ect.. get infiltrated by the state that become essential a hand of the government to manipulate the narrative so the general population believes what 'the state' wants while silencing dissenting opinions.

Elon Musk has hinted how deep the FBI and other agencies were with Twitter. They are even more embedded with the platforms I mentioned and more.

You can not call these vig platforms 'private corporations' any more than you can call the companies that rely on the military industrial complex as private companies.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blindmellojello

I think you nailed it.

The overwhelming majority of people get their information from just a couple of 'private' outlets, outlets that are controlled by the interests of the state and mega corporations who have a vested interest in keeping the status quo and the population ignorant but distracted and happy with bread and circuses.

I have noticed how much the Internet has changed in the past 20+ years. Google used to be a true search engine, YouTube used to have great user generated content, Reddit had actual discussions. We never had to worry about getting comments removed over trigger words or phrases now if one writes about flame retardant material their posts is instantly removed and the account is flagged for hate speech. (I wish i was joking)

I noticed how censorship kept getting more vast...but they take a little here and a little there so most dont notice.

While I know Elon Musk has many flaws, I do commend what he did with Twitter/X. It seems to me he truly wanted to protect free speech on the platform.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The level of censorship has been increasing in time, especially among the larger outlets where a lot of corporate and government influence is applied.

With the internet the way it is, it is difficult to censor everything. It can be tough to find and know where to look with some things. Can get dangerous and nasty some parts of it.

One person that has done well facing groupthink censorship for the past 20 years is Mike Adams from naturalnews.com. Has built up a strong network since and mindful of these issues.

Telegram done well with covid and sharing the stories big tech deleted.

Twitter helped Trump get the top job. How they then banned a sitting US president, looks like Trump was getting over the target. Musk is a step in the right direction on the speech issues.

The internet is a communication tool. People are going to communicate, one way or another. If some channels are not working for them, they will look for other ways that do.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I've noticed a long time ago when trying to comment on certain news stories.... that certain words must not be posted, otherwise the whole comment/reply gets erased!

Don't think there's much we can do about it, especially with AI being programmed to seek out certain words!

Even if there's no malice whatsoever in your comment... but seems to point that way according to Mods or AI, your comment gets erased!

edit on 4-11-2023 by xWorldxGonexMadx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

It would take a collective effort but if enough people are aware of the censorship, something can be done especially when the are alternative but less popular social media and news outlets.

I do find it interesting watching the disinfo 'army' go to work on certain topics. Occasionally someone on Reddit or YouTube will post a legitimate UFO/UAP encounter they have filmed, when this happens the disinformation army comes out in force to explain it away as nothing to see.

Even back when the 'gimble' video first appeared, the first YouTube and Reddit comments were full of disinformation. It is good to go back and look at what was posted so you can better identify it next time. This of course does not mean every skeptic is part of the disinfo, but if you look at enough sensitive stories when they break eventually you will see a pattern.

Getting the general population to recognize this however is unlikely for a variety of reasons, but those cognitive enough to see the deception can help make others aware.

The old saying "It is easier to fool a man than convince him he has been fooled" applies here.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

Yes I saw what was removed, trolling.

It was not intelligent posts worth reading or keeping.

so as long as you deem it not worth reading or keeping then you are happy for it to be removed, perhaps the websites you are alluding to in OP felt the same?

I would go as far to say the comments on ATS were abhorrent, but then again Im not complaining about one site censoring comments while also validating another site censoring comments

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I understand your point. I don't support the censorship in any form. I only think that the government setting additional laws that would moderate moderation on social networks is not a solution. The only way is building alternative platforms by users holding dissenting opinions. But maintaining a website costs money. The big tech companies can afford it and earn on it. Actually, earning money is their primary interest, not the users' freedom of speech.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

It would take a collective effort but if enough people are aware of the censorship, something can be done especially when the are alternative but less popular social media and news outlets.

I do find it interesting watching the disinfo 'army' go to work on certain topics. Occasionally someone on Reddit or YouTube will post a legitimate UFO/UAP encounter they have filmed, when this happens the disinformation army comes out in force to explain it away as nothing to see.

Even back when the 'gimble' video first appeared, the first YouTube and Reddit comments were full of disinformation. It is good to go back and look at what was posted so you can better identify it next time. This of course does not mean every skeptic is part of the disinfo, but if you look at enough sensitive stories when they break eventually you will see a pattern.

Getting the general population to recognize this however is unlikely for a variety of reasons, but those cognitive enough to see the deception can help make others aware.

The old saying "It is easier to fool a man than convince him he has been fooled" applies here.

Try this place , during lock down they were out in force here Battalion 77 was on overtime.

I posted a comment and added links to official government sites like the office of national statistics and within seconds I got a reply telling me I was a fool for believing them and a 300 word dissatation on why I was a idiot for it .

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

All the people and party’s that you’ve defended and condoned in the past are now coming for you… can’t say we didn’t warn you, deal. It’s all in your post history.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NeonKnights

Who have I defended?

I have been critical of both parties, never defended any social media site.

Lately the censorship has gone overboard.
edit on 4-11-2023 by jrod because: G

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Who have I defended?

I have been critical of both parties, never defended any social media site.

Lately the censorship has gone overboard.

Nope, You’ve constantly defended the left and their bs and demonized anything on the right. But here you are complaining that you don’t like everything you’ve defended.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

I've noticed a long time ago when trying to comment on certain news stories.... that certain words must not be posted, otherwise the whole comment/reply gets erased!

Don't think there's much we can do about it, especially with AI being programmed to seek out certain words!

Even if there's no malice whatsoever in your comment... but seems to point that way according to Mods or AI, your comment gets erased!

What would go a long way would be to bust up the 10 biggest websites / search engines into 5 or 6 smaller ones, for each one.

They did that to Bell telephone in the 70’s.

Back then when only a few politicians were bribed, the majority really saw it as a badge of honor to follow the law and constitution, and not let one or two companies own the whole sector. They actually reset the playing field as our laws say.

Today it looks like just the opposite. So much bribery, pay to play, blackmail, that no government body will ever do this again. Companies will soon be bigger than the govt, and we’ll be like Mexico and the cartels.

There will be no censorship rules at that point.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I was critical of Obama.

You are are confusing being critical of certain conservative figures as 'defending the left '

That said if you think it is a left vs right issue yet fail to see the divide and conquer at play, I don't know what to tell you....I think.yiu are missing the big picture.

Edit to add

Human induced climate change should never be an political or left vs right issue ..yet it is an issue conservatives are on the wrong side of science on.

If you believe censorship is only coming from the left you are not seeing the full picture.

The system is designed so those leaning left blame the right and vice versa. The entire left vs right debate is a primitive way of thinking and only leads to division, not solutions.

edit on 7-11-2023 by jrod because: Add

edit on 7-11-2023 by jrod because: Gh

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join